Carphone Warehouse Head Office Address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, I see, I've read your posts.

OK, it looks like I am turning up tomorrow. I received another email:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we will not be crediting your account but will be sending you a cheque within 7 working days by registered post.

In days of electronic bank transfers they want to send e a cheque...in 7 days...aaah, bless

ejits

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No - the amount sued for is the amount. I would tell the court that a last-minute offer has been made of XXX and ask the court for a continuance. At THIS point, ask the judge whether in the light of their ongoing brinkmanship you can seek further costs. You've noting to lose, but do not say it is settled until the money is in your bank account.

I have emailed the poor girl who has to deal with me:

Well, it looks like I am turning up in court tomorrow.

I will be sure to underline to Judge Allen that you have had since mid January to deal with this matter and now you can't even organise a credit to the account or electronic transfer. I will also ask the judge whether in the light of your company's ongoing brinkmanship I could seek further costs. I've noting to lose, until the money is in my bank account.

You want me to drop the case because you (and excuse me, who are you?) promised (aaah, bless) to send a me a cheque. In 7 days.

Please do not make me laugh.

It is either electronic transfer or an account credit by tomorrow, 10 am

If your company's hapless solicitor seeks me out tomorrow on the steps of the court, there will be a price for my wasted time (day off work), the hassle, the irritation. £100.

I will also email Mr Dunstone with this sorry saga and advise him how his company is wasting money by shoddy customer service and poor legal advice. I will be sure to detail the names of people who contributed to this parody; indifferent Kelly L., obnoxious Colin V., etc.

I also happen to have fax numbers of all major news desks - someone is bound to be interested.

So please, convince the decision makers; it is ultimately in their best interest to agree to my conditions.

The deadline is 27th of June, 10 am

I do not apologise for the tone of this email. I am done with polite, diplomatic, business-like missives. Your company does not deserve my good manners.

Ta-daaa

*takes a bow*

faceless beaurocrats- i hates them!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A few basics my friend, stay focused and keep it very simple, narrow the issues. The judge isn,t interested in crappy service, avoid the temptation to start a outburst of your feelings. The judge will get bored if nothing else.

I have attended a hearing, the CPW has not. The judge was distinctly not amused at their actions. He has listened to my complaint about my costs (day off from work, composing letters, etc) but has adjourned the case for a fortnight.

Interesting point; the judge wasn't sure if the county court has a jurisdiction in Data Protection Act breach cases. He asked me for a copy of the Act and the Administration of Justice Act (as I argued that CPW breached it by harassing me- section 40, point 1)- so if you are going to court, do not count on the judge having the relevant legislation to hand!

Thanks for all your advice, good folks of CAG! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a surprise! I can't advise you on the jurisdiction issue (for English Law) but you cannot take anything for granted - you are expected to provide photocopies of all relevant Act sections to support your claim, (and any relevant case law). They're not the fount of all knowledge, you have to provide them with it too! :D

well, guess what, the craphone craphouse promised, on the eve of the court hearing that they will send me a cheque within a week. I took a day off from work, have wasted my time, dragged myself to a courthouse, sat around for an hour and a half, just to ask the judge for a continuance..... and the bar-stewards haven't paid up!!

What can you do!? It fees so frustrating to deal with these faceless, useless, two-faced sham of the outfit.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just turn it to your advantage. When the continuance expires, and the case calls in court, simply tell the judge their offer was simply a stalling tactic and you now seek judgement. IF CW attempt to head off the action yet again, tell them they cannot be trusted to settle when they say, and your additional expense has added £XX to the bill.

• Haha 1

Hi Joa, good luck and keep us updating:);)

Mr D is useless....u r right:)))

I received a letter from CW Lifeline insurance people via email with refusal to pay £195 back for the insurance i wasn't aware of paying(never used to check my statements:-o ).When i bought my phone it was part of free offer and when i cancel the contract a year later, they still kept charging me...

As they said i should've cancelled it by myself...i even didn't know i had it...

I emailed them a Prelim letter, and giving them 14 days to refund...:D

Have a great day and let me know how your claim is going.....Good luck;)

if they have offered any sort of settlement sounds like they are aware they are on shallow ground...i am about to begin serving papers fro their fraudulent actions it seems imdemic within this company and i really think it is time it ceased and they had their trading licence revoked i am awaiting trading standards report before i finnish with my findings then i will leave a report in here for people to contact me see my thread patrickq1

if they have offered any sort of settlement sounds like they are aware they are on shallow ground...i am about to begin serving papers fro their fraudulent actions it seems imdemic within this company and i really think it is time it ceased and they had their trading licence revoked i am awaiting trading standards report before i finnish with my findings then i will leave a report in here for people to contact me see my thread patrickq1

Pat, they declined a refund and in 2 weeks refunded. I had received 7 letters from tham and had to email them back asking to stop sending me those refund confirmation letters as i had enough.

I was sending it for the attention of CEO...and emailing him of course:))))

Now i am after Vodafone:)) so if anybody knows Vodafone CEO email, or his/her name only, please let me know.

My story with Carphone was very mis-sold..they emailed me all thoughts of letters with refusal...Do not give up:))!!

U'll get what you've asked!

Regards,

Itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

if they have offered any sort of settlement sounds like they are aware they are on shallow ground...i am about to begin serving papers fro their fraudulent actions

Before this bandwagon rolls out of control, there was NOTHING fraudulent in the charging for insurance. It was agreed to by BOTH parties, and an admission of not checking statements or cancelling it at the cessation of contract means the consumer has to prove there has been an irresponsible action. Unfortunately, it is the consumer who is in the wrong here.

Any prospect of a refund is being given NOT because of any admission of guilt, but customer relations - so it would be wrong to assume that any offer is a sign of weakness. If it came to court - assuming they were willing to contest it - would be covered under contract law and the consumer would lose. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

OK, update on my saga: 9 months down the line, after writing to Charles Dunstone on [email protected] (this seems a real email!) and copying the rant to Otelo, the very next day I have received a reply from Victoria Matthews, Customer Liaison Executive. Once you get that high, things start moving at a warp speed. Heaps of apologies and full compensation as if by magic. Great! The only shame is that it takes so long and it is so hard to get through the frontline thickos. I had a nasty pleasure of naming all staff involved so far with brief description of their pompous, self-righteous and downright idiotic ways of making the matters worse. One lady in particular, who was so bad in her job, that thanks to her, I got compensation of double the amount I have asked for (thank you, Kay!)

So my advice is; go to the top as soon as you can. Make initial moves at the bottom level but after a month- start firing at those who actually have power of making decisions and who possess brains (as opposed to the customer services trolls). Be scrupulously polite and un-emotional. Present your facts and evidence, be succint and professional as nobody has time for froth-in-the-mouth rantings. And come back here to gloat :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi joa...i found in my account last week that they had deposited the monies they fraudulently took from my account,furthermore i know you meant well busby but you can be so frustrating with your no advice quotes instead of trying to point people in the correct manner.and help them .but i do know you mean well and with good intentions...back to you joa i am not bothered about the return on the monies ,as of yesterday i made my final statement and documented my evidence since we have now seen the documents from the bank i was correct the money was fraudulently taken from my account so as far as i am concerned it is going ahead throug TS that i can expext to see them in court sometime that is what i was asking for one thing i detest is a theif a sneaky theif at that ,,,i will now forever hold my tounge concerning cp

patrick, I have NO idea what are you on. I am sorry but your writing style is so superbly shambolic and disjointed that I only hope that your submission to TS/court or whatever was proof read by someone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys,

Pat, Buzby is very helpfull and has been here for so long...so please, do understand that with knowledge comes strong opinion and if you need an honest help Buzby would be there first to help us...

Joa is right you -have to be more carefull with your writing...

I am wishing you all the best in your claim.

Kind regards,

Itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

• 2 months later...

TalkTalk get their contracts [Edit] and then breach them with impunity and the only way to tackle this menace is through the courts. These sharks should not have been given the authority to trap customers with any longterm contract. I think the whole nation should campaign against this but I don't think I will be around to see the changes!

maunj

Please can you refrain from potentially libellous statements, this site exists to help others, if you have a grievance with a particular company we can help you, but we cannot tolerate libellous and unsubstantiated remarks.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Charles doesnt really have much to do with operations anymore. I worked for CPW in 2007 and even then he didnt answer any emails to staff or customers. I think the guy that really runns the show is Andrew Harrison. But yeah 1 Portal Way is the head office