Lets get started **Settled in Full**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Applied to Alliance&Leicester for charges incurred for the last 6 years for myself and my wife's accounts. Let you know how I get on. Congratulations to all of you who have got a result and thanks for sharing your experience:D

A&L £1822+£488 Data Protection Act Request 5th May 2006(40 days up June 16th),

prelim sent 20th June LBA's sent 5th July, moneyclaims filed 21/7/06

Citicard £189 DPA Request 5th May 2006(prelim letter sent 6th June)LBA sent 12th June,sod off letter received 16th June, moneyclaim filed 26th June.

• 1 month later...

Received DPA statements for myself and my wifes accounts(exactly 40 days).My wife goes back 3 years and I go back 6 years.In 2000/2001 A&L were charging £3.50 every day I was overdrawm and £10 per month. Can I claim this back?

Also I have read that A&L will close the accounts if a claim is made. We also have a personal loan with them(3 years left) can they call that in as well?

Any suggestions which 'parachute' account to open would be grateful.

Regards

Kev

Received Data Protection Act statements for myself and my wifes accounts(exactly 40 days).My wife goes back 3 years and I go back 6 years.In 2000/2001 A&L were charging £3.50 every day I was overdrawm and £10 per month. Can I claim this back?

Also I have read that A&L will close the accounts if a claim is made. We also have a personal loan with them(3 years left) can they call that in as well?

Any suggestions which 'parachute' account to open would be grateful.

Regards

Kev

Yes you can claim back the £3.50 a day. If the £10 a month was a service charge that you paid for running the account you can't claim it, but if it was a penalty for going over your limit then you can.

A&L will close your account if you claim, and you will need to do a Moneyclaim, but they have said on the radio that they will not go to court.

I have opened a Nat West step account as have a lot of people who do not have good credit ratings, but I am with smile and find them the best of any bank I have ever dealt with.

Good luck and welcome to the cause!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations and thanks for the donation. If you haven't done it yet would you complete the survey too please.

Thanks and congratulations again.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks