DG Solicitors

smiley33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know...when I received the AQ I didn't realise I had to send in a list of charges to DG, otherwise I would've done it straight away...phone Julie on : 0121 455 2701 - it's another lady's voicemail, but Julie answered and gave me that number as a contact.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dear smiley, kathryn, steevo and anyone else, yes, it's a stall - the longer they don't deal with you the longer you have to giveup, die, move to alaska, whatever! i stick by my original advice - given freely and often on this forum - when you getyour acknowledgment - send dg a copy of you breakdown. when you get you aq, ring dg and ask if they have received your breakdown. let them know you will be filing "shortly" (even though i tell people not to file until the last minute).

if, hopefully, you were to get an offer just before the aq is due and you accept it - contact the court and tell them you have accepted an offer but the money isn't in yet so could you please have a delay on the aq deadline. they will do it and you won't have to file - but don't halt the action officially until you have the money.

maybe you didn't get your offer sooner because you didn't send a breakdown - they will use any excuse - and of course if it gets to the aq, they have no reason to make an offer until closer to the court date - it sucks but that's the way it is - they only offer when pushed, prodded or forced by the court. hope that helps you guys. if you haven't already - email, fax, snail mail or dance your charges over to dg.

You definately need to send your charges, although I sent mine back in Dec, when I followed up on it thye said they had not recieved them so I sent them again, by fax, and within 48hrs the offer arrived. Also I have been phoning daily to see if there is anything more they need from me, it pays to stay on top of them.

Good luck

HSBC - £3217.59

02/11/2006 Prelim typed and ready to send! let the battle commence!

6/11/2006 Prelim letter and charge breakdown sent recorded delivery

7/11/2006 Prelim letter recieved by HSBC

20/11/2006 :LBA letter sent recorded delivery

4/12/2006 MCOL Filed

03/1/2007 Defense Entered :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

what about the extra 100 for the a.q. you need to get that back as well. have you been holding out on us - how did you get it from colin - it should have come from dg. and paid straight in?.... did they offer and you accepted or did they just sneak it into your account - i'm dying to know - and it will help me help others in the same place as you. give details pleeeeeeeze.

congratulations on finally getting it, job well done - now just want to know how you did it?

and, get that hundred - they owe you it - it is yours - just ring or write and tell them you won't halt the court action until you receive it.

I was in Turkey last week and my partner received the letter from DG to say they would pay. She forgot to add the £100 on for the AQ and agreed to the original cost. I received a letter back off DG saying they would pay it into my bank within 7 days, they paid it in on Saturday morning. Funnily enough, a direct debit went out, came back as there was no money in my account, £2,440 went in and they charged me £25. Can I still claim for the £100 AQ charge then?

if you haven't signed anything - did she sign the acceptance letter - kind of funny position if she signed it for you if it was your claim - but i'm thinking just post a letter or ring (but then you have no proof), saying you are sure they meant to include the 100 for the aq filing. they really try it on don't they - don't know if it's intentional or uselessness - but they really do screw things up. try to weazle the hundred out of them - i hope you do (tell them you are going to take it up with the court as you don't feel that it is fair play to short you by that amount - whether or not you have halted the claim with the court - doubt you've had time - so play on it!