Whatawoman v HSBC *******WON*******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My AQ questionnaire was also due 2nd April. I filed mine on the 23rd March.

Went to court today to file an N1 for a different case. Then spoke to a court official to ask whether HBSC had filed AQ in this case. He confirmed they hadn't (suprise suprise!) However he then spoke to a collegue who told me that the Judge was going to file an Order tomorrow. He said the Judges were not happy at all with the Banks.... Will wait to see what happens and it will probably be the file within 7 days or else scenario, however it seems increasingly that the Judges are now to sick to the back teeth with the banks and their delaying tactics.

I am a little concerned to see that someone who is not having the AQ stage has been given a pre court date of JULY- I think this just gives DG longer to put off making payments- If they know that it will take that long to get a pre trial date they might stop making payments at the AQ stage - and I have already spent this refund lol.

Haha loads of Gucci I bet!!! :D That sucks if peeps have got to wait to July doesn't seem right at all. I wonder whether it would be worthwhile sending a letter to the judge something along the lines of the draft order of directions that goes in the AQ in order to see if some sort of disclosure can be arranged in advance pointing out that the banks have yet to defend a case in court and seem intent on delaying settlements but a disclosure order would speed things along in advance of the pretrial.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

I called the court again today to see the status of this claim and the very unhelpful lady just said:

"We are waiting for the District Judge to make direction"

I asked what that meant and she jsut said you will get a copy of his order in the post!!!

So now what? any ideas what this means?

Thanks

Helen

did you ask if they've filed their aq?

have you sent a nudging letter from the when you've filed your aq?

i've just put a second nudge letter there - i think you nudge dg every 10 days now until they offer - with a breakdown included every time.

They didn't file their AQ. (deadline 2nd April)

I sent a copy of my AQ and draft order for directiona dn breakdown to DG on 1st April.

I sent a nudge letter after the AQ deadline.

AAAggghhhhh asking this court lady anything was like getting blood out of a stone.Last time i asked (4th April), she said the judge would need to issue an "unless order" I don't know if that was done or not or is this what is about to be done - if so they have had more than enough time, this is not on!

Thanks Lattie - just emailed this to everyone at DG....

Re: Helen Ashby - v - HSBC

account no, 40-43-17 XXXXXXXX

Claim number:XXXXXXX

Filed 12/02/2007

11 April 2007,

I see that as of 11/04/07,you still have not filed your Allocation Questionaire(AQ). I cannot understand why you have not contacted me out of courtesy to acknowledge the receipt of the courtesy copy of my own AQ along with my other information. Perhaps you would like to discuss this with me.

If you intending to file an Allocation Questionaire, please do soon as the judge will be reviewing this matter again within the near future.

Should this case proceed to court - I will be more than happy to show the judge my attempts at resolving this matter. I have yet to hear anything from your office. I do realise that due to the heavy volume of cases with which you are dealing I have to wait until you can get to my case but I think this has gone on way longer than is proper in dealing with cases in a timely manner.

I repeat my suggestion that in order to more speedily resolve this matter, I am willing to accept the sum of £1,813.43. (please find attached breakdown) Upon receipt of this amount, I will halt my claim against HSBC. I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Helen Ashby

Total reclaimed charges and 8% interest = £1,580.67

Court charges £220.00

Daily Interest at £0.22 (12th Feb – 11th April 2007) £ 12.76

Total now claimed is £1,813.43

Thats not so bad then - just seems plenty of people had full offers before filing at MCOL or just after, then another bunch before the AQ stage and just after so that was my futile hope...patience is not a quality I was endowed with :( bet you never guessed that right?

it may look like that - but truthfully - i don't know many if any who got full offers before filing and the ones who got them before or just at the aq stage was a month ago now - and the lines change everyday with this thing - dg is obviously snowed under and dragging their feet - maybe waiting, like us to see the effect of the new "no aq" business - the one thing that can be said with confidence is - they will settle before it goes to court - so, kick back and try to go with the flow - start planning your next nudging letter for about 10 days and next time use snail mail - it looks better (more professional). (that's my personal opinion)

Had an email back from Kate this morning: I am guessing they have made email templates.......

Dear Madam

Your email is acknowledged and will be dealt with in due course.

Yours faithfully

DG SOLICITORS

This seems to be a long road - I am hoping the final destination is in sight now.

12th January 2007 - prelim letter sent.

20th January 2007 - Prelim letter acknowledged and replied to.

26th January 2007 - LBA sent

12th February 2007 - MCOL Claim submitted

15th February 2007 - Notice of Issue received (deemed to be served on 18th Feb - HSBC have till 4th March 2007 to reply)

15th February 2007 - offer made (less than claim) in response to prelim letter.

15th February 2007 - MCOL Claim Acknowledged

3rd March - DG entered Defence

2nd April AQ deadline (only I submitted)

10th April - DG still not sent in AQ

13th April - still waiting for a copy of order from District Judge......still waiting for an offer from DG!!!

(92 days since Prelim letter was sent so far)