Help - Letter received from Barclays

Egarbeaver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hi all,

I received this letter from Barclays yesterday. Does this sound familiar to anyone??

"We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received form Barclays. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do so.

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quicly as possible, but not later than 01 February 2007. In the meantime if you wish to disucss this matter further please call..........

Yours sincerely

Christopher Wragge

Customer Relations Manager

My question is, do i proceed to the next stage 14days after sending my prem letter or wait after hearing from them by 1 Feb. The 14days ends on the 16 jan.

Thanks

If you have a look at all the other posts with a similar Q, you'll see everyone suggests that as you gave them your timescale to work to (the same as they'd expect you to work to their timescale) that you move to the next stage on the 14th day.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hi,

Can someone please reply...........................(i feel leftout on this site!!!)

I called Barclays today because i had received two letter from different departments, so I called them to clear things up.

I was told that they had sent my a letter (which i have not yet received) offering me 900 instead of 1800+ i requested for.

My question is, do I still send them the LBA considering they responded to my prem letter within the 14 days (prem letter sent on 2nd Jan and offer made on 10th jan, the 14 days would have been up on the 17th jan).

Should i proceed by sending the Refusal of settlement letter or still send the LBA???

thanks

Eugenia

I think it's an either or really.

Your prelim letter was asking for a full settlement of the costs, you can send a letter thanking them for the offer and asking for the rest of the money to be paid or you'll continue action, or the LBA as they have not met the conditions you set out in the prelim letter...

...hope that helps?!?

I think this is covered in the FAQs and in the success threads. I use these as they have the full story and you can see what the next stage will be.

Hope that helps

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

I have had exactly the same situation from Barclays - my prelim letter was sent on 2 January and then the standard letter and then the offer off £1000 when I asked for £2700, was sent 9 january. Im a bit confused by this to and have read the faq's and step by step guides and it doesn't really clear this up?!?!?!