Friends/Family Reaction to you challenging banks?

MR2Phil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was just wondering what the general reaction is from people when you tell them you're challenging banks do get your charges back? The majority of people I tell say "go for it", but there are quite a few that almost have a go at me, saying I deserve it for not managing my account properly...there are also those that say I am being selfish and am helping towards the end of free banking...

What have your reactions been like from people? :confused:

Best bet is to keep quiet, else one of two things happens. Either you will get lumbered helping your friends and family because they are to lazy or stupid, or you will receive a torrent of abuse from those ignorant few who beleive everything they read in the sun (whilst claiming to read a broadsheet)

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

I've had pretty much the same reactions.

The "holier than thou" brigade who have never been in the situation of having to choose between food on the table or petrol to get to work to earn some money for next week.

The people who earn enough that they actually have some left over that they can SAVE!

I don't even attempt to discuss it with them. I just think that one day they might be in the same position then, they will understand.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

So far friends and family have been well impressed when I told them I took on a bank - and won!:D

They doubted it would work at first, saying I was a nutter to even try, but now they think it's brilliant;) !

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

My family thought I was nuts doing this, but when the payments started coming, they jumped on the bandwagon and started claiming themselves. I have got friends who are starting to claim, but work colleagues are very sceptical about this!, they are unsure and think it will be the end of free banking, but what is free banking, I'm 29 but I could not tell you what the difference is (if any)?

My thought on it, is that banks have made billions out of us, especially at low points in our lives when we needed help, now it is pay back time (with a little knowledge):)

Guest Battleaxe

I got the reaction from the Holy than Thou Brigade until I reminded them until something earthshattering happens to them to hold a still tongue.

Kent didn't believe it would happen and when it started happening he is of a different opinion.

I do have people asking for help and when you get a letter addressed Consumer Action Group Wyton on the Hill and the postman knows who it is out of 60 house with the same post code, I think that says it all. We both laughed at that one, because I use the sticky labels on my envelopes and make sure the creditors know I am a member of CAG. it certainly helps. I am posting over a result with MBNA on my thread Battleaxe does MBNA.