43rooler v Barclays

43rooler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Hi

It's the 14th of March now and I still havn't received an AQ so I am not sure what to do now. Please help someone :eek:

Have you had their defence yet?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No mum

I have not had their defence yet.

Nothing since Notice that Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed stating that The Defendant filed an Acknowledgement of Service on 21 February 2007 and that they have 28 days to file a defence.

43 rooler

Guest Mumofthreeboys
So I have lost a week then. I should have reqested judgement by default last week if I read the step by step instructions right, that is

Please, read the link that I gave you in my post #26. It is very important that you understand what you are doing before you go for default.

Hi

The 28 days are up today for Barclays to file a defence (I just checked my post and nothing) so I will now send them this letter offering them another 7 days.....

Dear Barclays

Claim Number 700000000000

You have not filed a defence for claim number 00xx00xx at Newport County Court, and the time to file a defence has now passed and judgement in default has been/will be granted.

I am writing to give you one final opportunity to make full payment of £1570.00 + 8% interest

If I have not received payment in full by 4pm 28/03/2007 I will file for Judgment in Default/apply for a warrant of execution.

Yours sincerely

I put in + 8% interest myself because if the interest is calculated and added on the judgement then I don't know today what the total amount is

could someone tell me if this is a wrong thing to do or, any other comments would be welcome

The 7 days extra time I have given them is up today and still no reply from Barclays and no AQ from court :( It seems that I have no alternantive now than to go for Judgement by Default?

how interesting, personnally i would have gone for a judgement by default earlier and not given them extra time. Have you tried phoning them and telling them unless they settle you will go for the default judgement.

This may work you may get an offer today by phone

Caroline

Guest Mumofthreeboys
how interesting, personnally i would have gone for a judgement by default earlier and not given them extra time. Have you tried phoning them and telling them unless they settle you will go for the default judgement.

This may work you may get an offer today by phone

Caroline

I shouldn't think you will get an offer, they will more than likely still file.

Thank you Caroline, they have run out of time to file a defence now so I will now go for Judgement by default. I am not interested in an offer. I want the full amount owed :)

cool go for it, will that delay things now! Hope not, they must be snowed under with claims now so i am not surprised they didnt file a defence.

Hope you get the full amount, you should do everyone else has.

Caroline:)

• 3 weeks later...

I received a copy of Judgement for Claimant (in default) yesterday 13/04/07 that they sent to Barclays. It says,

To the Defendant

You have not replied to the claim form.

It is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant £2022.67 for debt (and interest to date of judgement)

You must pay the claimant a total of £2022.67 by 04 April 2007

I have not received payement yet. What should I do next?

i recieved exactly the same letter so i phoned them to let them know.

they called me back ten minutes later and admitted defeat and the money was in my account 2 days later.

here's a number 020 7116 5634. give them a ring and ask for the person dealing with your claim and explain what it says on the letter.

don't worry they are okay to talk to.honest.;)

Thank you Dickeggsy, Dar3n and Caroline.

I will phone them on that number tomorrow and post back here to let you know what happened. It looks from the last post that I am only days away from a settlement :) hope so.

phone early, this way it gives you time to dispute their figures, get them amended, emailed to you, signed and emailed back [if youve got a scanner].

funds in the bank the next day.

its looking good aint it, i bet youre feeling good too.

sun is shining, nice and warm and loads of money coming your way.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

When I rang that number a Paul Quinn answered and said that I have to contact Customer relations and ask them to send proof of Judgement to Level 29 Litigation and Dispute (same building) He can't settle untill he sees proof.