dagrat v rbos ** WON **

dagrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually help here because dagrat pmd me with a draft of it asking for me to give my opinion on it.....me being me I did make some changes on it and sent it back so I have a copy in my sent. The only bit I haven't got is the dig about why they want to pay into the current account :D

Here it is in all it's glory:

Dear Mr Mclean

Thank you for your email. I note that you appear adamant that the settlement must be paid into my current account directly and not via a cheque. As you have already made an offer to me I would have thought that my request for a cheque was not an unreasonable one. I have however considered the conditions of your offer and want to bring to your attention the fact that more charges have been levied on my account since sending you my LBA, bringing a new total of charges to £xxx.

As a result of these further charges and your determination to refund me through my current account, I feel there is an opportunity for us to reach a compromise that we are both satisfied with. I am willing to accept settlement via my current account on the basis that the full amount of charges is refunded, a total of £xxx.

If you agree to my proposal then we can ensure that valuable court time does not have to be wasted. Given that any further steps I take will result in the inclusion of statutory interest at 8%, I believe it is in RBS' interest as well as mine to resolve this matter now rather than later.

I look forward to your response.

Where I put 8% you could also add an extra bit that says "which I calculate to be around £xxx including costs" and then from your spreadsheet, find out what your claim would be with 8% added, add £120 (court costs), add £7.75 for every letter (not email) you've written them, £3.37 for every letter they've sent you and then round it DOWN to the nearest £50 quid so it's a nice round number (I think dagrat added this bit too?). That I think should have the added effect of making them realise that you are doing them a favour as much as they are for you. Know what I mean?

Hope you don't mind me showing this dagrat.....

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks for the click whoever sent it :? (9am today?)

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Cheers that is wicked!

Also just want to add that this is my second claim settled. I also signed a letter after my first claim stating all future charges would stand... They sure put up a fight there!!! :::)))))

is this just a scare tactic

Highly likely - they generally settle days before having to turn up.

Does depend on whether you have gone through the process properly though. Difficult to say without knowing what you've done.

Best thing to do, is post a detailed account of what you've done, what letters you have sent, what timescales etc, just so someone can double check you've done everything right. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Best not to post it on the end of this post though. Go back to the main RBS forum and post a new thread there asking for opinions. I shall try to pick it up later....