CCJ Removal

brecken
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCJ Removal,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I not sure what to do.

I have 2 ccj's

A) with next financial services, it was issued in Sept 2001 I made regular payments up until April 2004 I then asked for a copy of the original document and didnt hear anything else, they also stopped taking the payments via direct debit, I didnt pursue it and have heard nothing since. there is a balance on my credit file of £1989.

Should I apply to have the CCJ removed or will it be removed after six years even if there is a balance on it?

B) With Littlewoods, again issued in 2001, again sent off for original docs, heard nothing, balance £1100.

Should I have any off these removed or just leave them, They are affecting my credit rating and my chance of re mortgaging.

Any one help please.

Brecks xxxx

Hi Brecken: In my humble opinion: Do you have all the statements to help you claim back charges for a start?

You can still get a mrotgauge with ccj's however, your choice is limited and slightly higher rates also, you may need at least 10% deposit with for example GE Money. An independant broker will have daily access with conditions of acceptance updated daily and can tell you exactly what's available to your credit score.

You can get a free credit score from checkmyfile.com - Credit reference, Credit file, Credit score

Im sure a Mod will be along to help you with more expert advice.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

at this stage Im not interested in claiming back charges, dont think it would be good practice while there is still a balance on the accounts.

Because there as been no activity on the account for some time What Im thinking is that the companies concerned have give up trying to pursue the debt after I asked for a copy of the original aggreements and they didnt send anything.

Does anyone know if the CCJ will stay on my file until payment is made in full or will they disapear after 6 years even with a balance.

Cheers, Brecks xxxx

Guest ian cognito

This isn't an abosolute definite but from experience, they disappear sfter 6 years, i say this because I had one from the mid 90's which has now disappeared from my credit file but still has an outstanding balance.

• 2 years later...