Problem with The Sims on Macbook

Hi,

I have the Sims 4 on Macbook.

Over the last year I have paid for multiple add on packs spending a lot of money on them.

I bought them all in good faith as my Mac met all the minimum requirements to play them.

I have been playing happily for about a year and bought my latest pack just over a week ago. The games were all working fine yesterday. Then suddenly today EA released a new app to launch the games and this new app requires a MAC OS that my computer cannot use. Now suddenly none of my games are accessible and I am unable to play anything.

They did not warn us about this change in requirements and if I had known they would be doing this I wouldn't have bought all these add ons as they are now all totally unusable. The games themselves have not changed, only their app to launch them and I can't afford to buy a brand new mac just to play.

how can they change the minimum requirements after I have paid for a game?

I agreed to pay for them based on the fact my mac met their requirements and was not informed when purchasing that this would be an issue in the future.

I understand new games (like Sims 5 which is to be released next year) might not be compatible but this is a 10yr old game that they have suddenly made inaccessible due to their new launch app.

Does anybody know if I can do anything or anyway to get a partial refund from them?

Thanks

Here are their T&C... I can't find anything in there about them being able to do this so not sure what to do :(

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

well use the old version then..... rollback the installation to the last one.

theres not really anything you can do .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that advice, however they have removed the previous version and we are not able to access it anymore hence the problem. 

i bet it's on the net somewhere.....the rollback machine or internet archive sites. or more probably on forums dedicated to the game or your machine/IOS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There's the ability to download origin for macOS Mojave and older right on the EA Website.

www.ea.com/origin-for-mac

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Blame Apple for completely changing how macOS apps needed to be written and verified overnight with Catalina.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No, they required apps to be signed by Apple and all 32-bit app support was dropped.

Probably in preparation for M1 though (10.15 Catalina was the one before Apple Silicon [M1] and 11.0 Big Sur).