• Tweets

• I made that payment on 13th Feb, then it all went to sh!t x
    • Massive potentially that payment has been made in some form as accompanying evidence to your financial difficulties.  And yes, but add some more zing to the email if it goes to the CEO - You need to make them understand what they have done. And telling the CEO  / MD of the biz what their actions have done to you - It adds to the complaint weighting.    
    • I have just found an email (and checked and verified it on my MCB account online) and I did make a payment to them, but then obvs didn't after that. Will that make any difference to my case? 
    • This is what I have said in my email of complaint:   On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I have found myself in financial difficulty and I contacted you on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months and I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name.  I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this.  What I would like you to do is to please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP. If you fail to resolve my complaint within 8 weeks, or if matters are not settled to my satisfaction, I will have no alternative but to refer my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully, Should I send something along those lines to the CEO? 
    • Right... Misuse of Facility is a Cat 6 and is considered the worst out of all of the CIFAS Categories for CIFAS Markers.  However lets see what happens when MCB come back to you. Make sure you refer it to the CEO.    IF YOU DONT HAVE A VALID REASON FOR THE ISSUE WITH PAYMENTS ETC - Then the marker will stay.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advise on debt I currently hold

Hello,

I hope you're all well,

I just wanted some advise on my debt situation.

currently my debt is a total of £17,000, 7k to Amex and 10k to TSB as a loan,

now I have never missed a payment and I have always been on time but I have had some personal circumstances that mean I need my money and I cannot afford to pay these loans off for the time being.

I'd need around 4/5 months and then ill be able to start making the payment again, I'

ve been reading on the forum and I have seen many options but I'd like to know what the best option for me is.

I don't want and IVA or DMP and nor do I want to go bankrupt.

I've read about defaulting and minimum payments etc, Say if I didn't pay anything for 4 months or maybe paid bare minimum then once the 4 months is over I make up for the payments?

Sorry If I sound stupid but I am just trying to figure out the best option before doing something stupid and going for an option that is more feasible.

Thanks

moved to the debt self help forum.

plenty of like threads here to read along with the ones you've done so far..good work.

last thing you ever want to do is look at any kind of IVO/BK or anything alike concerning consumer debt, never do that, turns unsecured debts into secured ones in many instances.

your best bet for now is p'haps looks at 

Options for dealing with your debts: Breathing Space (Debt Respite Scheme) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

sadly you have to go thru one of the free debt charities to invoke that but DON'T be tempted to also open up a DMP with them, just get the Breathing Space done.

get that in place that gives you at leasy 60 days buffer

you've also goto to realise you'll probably get a default once breathing space is in place, bit if not it might pay you to withhold payments even after BS then p'haps re start payments once a DN for each debt is issued and registered.

at least that way, whatever happens in 6yrs the debt will drop off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Perfect, thanks for the detailed response.

One question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied?

Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work?

Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place?

I mean what does "Default" mean. 

After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen?

I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment.

Sorry for the many replies

but after doing a quick search, correct me if I am wrong.

If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim?

and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made?

Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score?

or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.

Edited by MANUKI12742

please refrain from posting blocks of text...use sentences and line spacing ....

i notice your 1st post had been spaced and ive done your last three....

this is not facebook....its a forum.

it does not matter how long BS takes i would cease payments now

and a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF. they don't own your debts so can do NOTHING!!

slow down and calm down , 4 post in 5 mins is no good.

Debt management and Debt self-help - Consumer Action Group

click the above link and go read a good 20+ thread in the above forum

and all your questions will be answered 

if you have any outstanding 

then please post with them later.

everything is explained in numerous threads already here for you to understand at your own pace.

there is not rush to do anything today or the next 10days bar simply stop paying.

though as explained in my last post, whichever way you go not paying will equal a default which will trash your credit file for 6yrs so the quicker you stop the quicker they will vanish .

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:cheer2:

we're here for you.

take your time. 

dx

• Like 1

and they

I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already)

After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account?

Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away?

As the DCAs cannot do anything?

I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default?

again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything

good you are getting there.

Lloyds/TSb...i certainly would not be risking possible off-setting going on if a choice were there, but in all honestly thats obv too late now..., however..you might not never be in that situation so dont worry too much.

regardless to being defaulted or not, if any debt that is not paid/used in 6yrs it becomes statute barred.

you need to understand a couple of things like 'default' and 'default notice'

a default is simply a recorded D in the calendar section/history of a debt, it does not really mean anything. might slightly hit your rating.

the important thing here is a default notice ,

these are issued by the original creditor (OC) under the consumer credit act, it gives you 14 days to settle whatever they are asking, if you don't then they have the option to register a defaulted date on your credit file. that can make getting other credit more difficult. and hits your rating.

once that happens, not matter what you do after that, paying it or not or not paid off or not, the whole account vanishes from your credit file on the DN's 6th b'day. though that might not necessarily mean the debt is not still owed - thats down to the SB date above.

an OC very rarely does court and only the OWNER of a debt can instigate any court action (Attempted a CCJ)

DCA's

debt collection agencies - DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

they have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's TYPE.

an OC make pass a debt to a dca as their client to try and spoof people into paying through legal ignorance of the above statement.

an OC may SELL on an old debt to a DCA/debt buyer (approx 10p=£1) and then claim their losses through tax write off and their business insurance, wiping their hands of the debt.

the DCA then becomes the debt OWNER.

since the late 70's dca's pull all kinds of 'stunts' through threat-o-grams to spoof a debtor into paying them the full value of the debt, when they bought if for a discounted sum (typically 10p=£1). you never pay a dca a penny!

if read carefully, NONE of their letters nor those of any other 'trading names' they spoof themselves under making it seem it's going up some kind of legitimate legal 'chain' say WILL anything....just carefully worded letters with all kinds of threats of what could/might/poss happen with other such words as instruct forward pass... well my dog does not sit when instructed too...so...

DCA's SOMETIMES will issue a court claim, but in all honesty its simply a speculative claim hoping mugs wet themselves and cough up...oh im going to court...

BIG DEAL DCA - show me the enforceable paperwork signed by me...9/10 they dont have it and if your defence is conducted properly, most run away from you .

however before they do all that they now have to send a letter of claim, cause the courts got fed up with them issuing +750'000PA speculative claims and jamming up the legal system.

so bottom line is two conclusions....

if you cant pay a debt, get a DN issued ASAP (stop paying it!) make sure it gets registered on your file

then it stops hurting your file/future credit in 6yrs regardless to what happens (bar of course a later DCA CCJ - fat chance mind!) 

once you've a registered DN , then look into restarting payments if the debt is still owed by the OC, if SOLD to a DCA, don't pay - see if they issue a letter of claim (then comeback here!).

• Like 1

and they

okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again.

Firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default.

when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs?

Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can

Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid

I should only consider repayment if the OC still own the debt and then issue a CCJ?

Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?

48 minutes ago, MANUKI12742 said:

Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?

Correct but wont stop them chasing you though even if no payment for  6 years (statute Barred)

Some DCA s buy debts (the debt is assigned to them) and some do issue court claims ...just so you are aware.

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

okay thanks

do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely

also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing

apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.

2 hours ago, MANUKI12742 said:

when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs?

receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on...

OC's very very rarely do court themselves. 

if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA

as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first.

dx

• Like 1

and they

1. Potentially it may not even get sold on?
  2. Just the default left for 6 years then gone?
  3. but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment?
  4. Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker?

yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then

thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.

1. who knows...:noidea:

2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this.

3.yes

4.already carefully explain this.

• Like 1

and they

okay understood, just a final point to clarify please

so if I understood correctly, there is a chance I could get a default? and not a default notice and the default is not as bad as the default notice?

or is it a case where I'll get a default but I need the OC to issue a DN too?

Sorry just confused about that part because you said the D slightly impacts it but the Default notice is a big hit

thanks.

a default cal marker will not remove the debt in 6yrs regardless to whatever you do 

but as ive said 3 times now the issuance and registering of a default notice does.

please 

get reading up....

dx

• Like 1

and they

On the phone to stepchange and they are really pushing for a DMP

I am pushing for a DRO, will fill in their form today.

I wont accept a DMP and ill keep pushing, they will look at my salary and my outgoings.

They have said a DRO is a form of insolvency lol and its really bad.

They said with a DMP you can pay quicker if you have more and it will initially be fixed then its my choice if i pay more

I dont believe them lol

you do not do either!

tell them you simply want to invoke BS.

dx

and they

Okay, perfect.

they did say BS is invoked as soon as i fill in their application form, ill get a pin.

i had to press them more on this as they didnt want to discuss BS much.

so i should fill in the form and get the pin, then i can initiate BS. What will follow and what should i do after?

Thanks again for all the help and patience.

get it running .

2 hours ago, MANUKI12742 said:

What will follow and what should i do after?

re read your thread from post 1

thats already been covered....:whistle:

and they

I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait.

from re reading everything this what i understand

BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors

during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default

I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off

If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment?

If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date.

DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here.

last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take?

in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ?

Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?

put selling and dca's and a very rare chance of a court claim out your mind. months/years if at all.

but never ignore a letter of claim.

as for the rest, to be frank you are now in the knowledge/research stage.

On 24/04/2024 at 19:13, dx100uk said:

Debt management and Debt self-help - Consumer Action Group

click the above link and go read a good 20+ thread in the above forum

and all your questions will be answered 

a day.

• Like 1

and they

AMEX and TSB the 2 Creditors who you need to worry about the least, ever!  Just stop paying them and forget about it, ignore all their threat o gram letters.  Only if, and with these 2 it's a massive if, you end up with a claim form you need to respond, and there will be plenty of help here.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Honestly you are all amazing on this site, thank you so much for your help and time.

ill keep an eye out and only return when i receive a claim letter for sure

also, i updated my address with amex and tsb before i even missed payments.

the initial address was my family home but i dont reside there.

to avoid a bombardment of letters there i have now updated my address, will they send all threats etc to the new address? Or old address?

do you reccomend i send both tsb and amex my update in address via a letter?