• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please create your own topic if you have a simular issue

Hit create or + in the top red banner

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx, 

Apologies, that i don't really know how to use this to post ?

I hit create or  + and then dropdown list did not have Freedom pass ; there is no free text for me to enter. 

Worry

create topic with the plus then work social and community then use the small black arrow and put category as public transport, tubes

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

or just click any named forum and we'll move it here for you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dear all,

i have misused my partner's freedom pass and got caught.

i am worrying and panicking.

i have read the threads of sample letters and must admit i have no excuses.

Due to the rising costs, i thought i want to save money. they asked me if my partner knows that i used the pass and i said i don't know.

any suggestions on how i should reply. 

appreciate your help.

thanks

worry

Hi.

Please tell us about what happened on the day you were stopped so we can start thinking about this. Also, how many times did you use the pass?

I assume it was confiscated - have they been in touch with your partner?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks honeybee13,

They have not been in touch with with my partner yet. Will my partner be implicated? I really don't want to and have to live with knowing that the pass is confiscated and will not get it back??

I must admit i use the pass non peak and use it for 2 or 3 days a week. 

I have no excuses and am bad in writing letters.

I have read some thread and sample letters but i don't have mitigating circumstances.

My mind is totally blank and can't sleep. 

TfL take abuse of Freedom passes very seriously. If the pass has been confiscated I imagine they will write to your partner and it could result in the card being suspended for a time, as I understand it. I hope you've told them about the card being confiscated and why?

We need to know how many times you used the pass please - how many weeks at 2-3 days a week.

Later I would expect TfL to write to you as well, possibly with a schedule of journeys made with the card, to ask you to tell them which journeys were you. They will ask for your side of the story.

We can help you to refine a letter to send once they write but you need to start it off because you're the only one who knows the full story. I suggest something like this.

Paragraph 1 a short explanation of why you used the card on the day you were caught

Paragraph 2 you know you made a mistake and you regret it

Paragraph 3 you understand how what you did is wrong and the effect it has on TfL

Paragraph 4 you have taken action - tell them what - to ensure that this doesn't happen again

Paragraph 5 you ask if they would allow you to pay the outstanding fare and their administrative costs to resolve this

Please don't copy and paste what I've said, use your own words.

HB

NB This is a suggested reply, don't send it before they write to you because we need to see what they say.

Hi HB, 

I have been using it - freedom pass for a long time, this is why i am worried, my memory fails me! 

there is no way of checking on the freedom pass usage according my partner. 

as i said i have no excuse other than to save some money 

yes i will admit that it is my fault and apologise profusely - will see other template

i have an oyster PAYG which i use for my journey in to work -ranging 2-3 days a week;   

i can't say that i will buy a season ticket which is more expensive??

will they inform my employer? 

There's no need to borrow words from another thread here; we don't have a template. Do this in your own words or it won't sound sincere and may not even apply to your particular case. If I were in the investigations department, I wouldn't be impressed by someone who copied and pasted rather than write their own letter.

And please don't use AI for this, people can spot the style a mile off.

Para 1 - tell them why you did it, no excuses other than trying to save money.

Para 4 - tell them you're using the PAYG card.

They won't tell your employer but you probably should if you're convicted. Covering up a conviction is worse than having one in the first place. ETA: Check if there's anything in your employment contract.

As I said, you don't send anything until you hear from them because they won't be able to find your case without their own reference number.

HB

Hi, 

Here's my draft and please feel free to give me suggestion:

==========

Dear Sir/Madam,

TFL case number: ****

I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter.

I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action.

I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt.

I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG).

I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences.

I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident.

I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.

Yours Faithfully,
My Name

-----------------------------

Hi HB, 

I didn't use ChatGPT. I just researched all the available letters and use your guidance to write and change some of the frequently used words. Would you give me suggestion as to how to make it more of my own as i tried so hard.

thx

worry

Hi HB, 

I use your guidance and then check others letters and tried to change some words and re arranging. I seriously am not a good writer and do the best i can. 

I am so tired too as i did not sleep at all and anxious too. 

Worry

Put it out of your mind for now. 

TFL haven't written to you yet AND what has happened has happened.

Pointless worrying about it now.

Put it to the back of your mind until you get a letter from TFL

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to misuse of partners freedom pass
9 hours ago, worry said:

for how many weeks/months/years have you been using it twice a week for...roughly?

she will have to request a new card, it wont be reissued or sent back to her if it was retained by the inspector.

and they

Worry,

Just a thought...

You are saying that you're no good at writing letters.

This doesn't need to be a shakespearian work of art. it just needs to be honest...

Reading through your very own first few posts throws up the following:

i have misused my partner's freedom pass and got caught.

i am worrying and panicking.

Due to the rising costs, i thought i want to save money. they asked me if my partner knows that i used the pass and i said i don't know.

Will my partner be implicated? I really don't want to and have to live with knowing that the pass is confiscated and will not get it back??

as i said i have no excuse other than to save some money

I have no excuses and am bad in writing letters.

My mind is totally blank and can't sleep.

I have been using it - freedom pass for a long time, this is why i am worried, my memory fails me! 

With a little thought and editing, these snippets would make a good starting point for your own unique letter.

As Honeybee says, uniqueness works in your favour and your own words are unique.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

hes not got a tfl letter yet tho. there's another case where there was no letter for 4mts.

worry only when TFls letter comes surely