• Tweets

• Hopefully I’m able to help someone else out with a future post however this particular subject I’m completely at a loss and ever so anxious regarding! I’ll get the letter out when my police officer husband is asleep to see what the company is whom will be writing to me. I know parking companies now seek compensation so I’m expecting these too as they have advised. 
    • You're welcome. Lots of people aren't sure where to post when they arrive but you'll get used to the forum. HB
    • I’m so sorry for posting in the wrong place and I am so thankful you have replied to me thank you.
    • Hello, welcome to CAG. I've moved your thread to our Retail Loss Prevention subforum for further advice. It sounds as if you may get letters from people like DWF solicitors or a company called Retail Loss Prevention but we always recommend to ignore them. If the police weren't called on the day you aren't going to hear from them. Ask us any questions you want to and keep in touch but I don't think this will go anywhere. Best, HB
    • Hello, firstly thank you for reading this. I know no one wants a long winded back story. So I’ll be breif. I entered a local store to buy some paint (which I did pay for) I am honestly not a bad person or a theif.   Didn’t have a basket or trolly as was on my lunch break. Whilst picking up the three tubs of paint placed some masking tape in my pocket (it was hanging out of so I had every intention to pay) just didn’t have a hand free. Paid for my goods (forgot about the £4.39 masking tape) I’ve got so much going on and im not well at all (like I say no one cares I get that) also have autism so wasn’t thinking particularly like others do maybe (who knows my minds going around and around) I left the store after paying, was pulled back in by security. Asked for the tape which I gave immediately  shook up. Gave them my ID and details. I was given some paper and told to expect a large fine in the post for their time and the tape and sent on my way. my questions are: I hardly ever go out without support so the ban I guess I can’t go there now for anything (their loss) - ok but is my photo going to be all over with my name? how much am I expecting in the post as a fine? I have sent them cash in the post recorded signed for delivery to arrive tomorrow (incident happened today) for my error. Their Address was on the bit of paper. i have read two posts on this page but they were from many many years ago so I hoped for updated advise please? 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Equita and Newcastle PCN

point of note for when/if you make a thread regarding the £2.20 toll charge. arnold clerk should not be paying them blindly and most certainly not adding an admin fee because they did pay it.

need my questions in my last post answering please @fedup1724

dont contact the bailiffs anymore esp by PHONE!! :frusty:.

let things die naturally for the minute through radio silence

dont answer the door if someone does appear.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry had to go make sure dad was ok. 

No that was all i received.

The email.

Nothing was on the car just email from work and no just text from bailiffs 

Just to clarify as this is very very important, ......

you found no PCN on the windscreen when returning to the car? and any subsequent paperwork would have gone to the registered keeper of the vehicle, the hire company ?

if this is true then you can get this appealed by using the right forms and totally overturned and reset back to just the pcn sum owing

however i would check things over carefully if you can.

most council pcn's have a web address whereby you can go look at photo's taken at the time.

can you do that please? or not?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you give me 10 mins I will look.

Thanks for this.

I have looked on website.

I cannot find my pcn number.

I cannot remember at all there being a ticket being on my car and have not received anything in writing from Equita.

Can i not try and ring the council and explain to them how crap the bailiffs have been and say iol pay it straight to them.

I dont want my kids upset by this they have had enough to deal with

just type no need to keep hitting quote

pcn number is on your notice to owner

dx

and they

ok well time to ring the council then but i expect they'll blank you.

now something else that strikes me 

in your pdf's you indicated 3 issues.

a council vanishing windscreen PCN (Penalty Charge Notice) for a street parking overstay now involving bailiffs (this thread)

a Speculative invoice ANPR detection PCN (parking charge notice) from mr baywatch for an overstay. 

a tyne tunnels £2.20 missed toll payment PCN that went to arnold clarke that they paid it + their scam fee.

now did you change your car before or after all these? or is one a diff car? as they all reference the same toyota?

cause how come if arnold clark paid the tunnel toll ...how come they didnt pay the other two then bill you too?

something is not right here.

dx

and they

I think Tyne tunnel went straight to Arnold Clark and the other 2 went to lease office at work.

However I just looked and I believe the trust have paid it. Can you give me 2 mins while I redact bits of the email

what ruddy trust??

again that makes no sense!

they all use the reg number.

that means things can only be sent to the registered keeper on the cars v5c - who is ??

you keep omitting to answer my questions in my posts and just going off on your own logic and forgetting to answer them properly 

and they

Ok this email was sent with it and the trust have been claiming something off my wages for ages (i did warn you i was bad) 

Please find attached a copy of a parking notice that has been issued against your lease vehicle.

we would encourage you to take immediate action to prevent the notice escalating from £50.00 to £75.00 on 31st January 2024.  All information is contained within the notice including instructions on what to do next.

Please note if you do not pay this fine or an appeal is denied and  receive a further notice, the value of the further notice will be paid in full and you will be recharged the full amount, including any increased fees/administration costs.

I work for an nhs trust who i lease my car from. They get their cars from a number off agents, mine is from Arnold Clarke. I am the leaseholder, the renter of said car, the NHS trust/Arnold Clark is the owner.

Apologies as i mentioned, im new to this, totally unorganised and grieving tbf doodoo scared. 

I really appreciate the help 

nothing to be scared about at sll...

what are you scared over ...

lets get that out the window then p'haps we can be given some logical answers as this is all mad.

who is the owner on the cars v5c document?..have you got a copy of it?

when someone get's a pcn, it will go to the registered keeper of the car, (as whomever issued the pcn will log a reg number, then ask the dvla whom is said person on their database for a fee) 

if the RK are a lease company, the lease company should inform the pcn sender of the details of the named HIRER. 

the pcn issuers then must reset everything and write a new pcn to the stated hirer including a copy of the relevant hire agreement.

if the hirer was not the driver, then they should write back to the pcn issuer stating who the driver at the time of the PCN was.

the PCN issuer should then reset everything again and sent a new pcn to the named driver.

thats how things work by LAW.

if someone in one of the stages has messed up then any pcn is void.

lets just assume that the nhs trust is the hirer, the nhs trust just cant payt any pcn they get whereby they know the driver was you and then dock it from your wages!! thats THEFT!!

any PCN is solely a matter between whomever was the DRIVER and the PCN issuer, NOTHING to do with any hire company who should be transparent. nothing to do with your employer the hiree, they should be transparent. 

now if the pcn issurer has written to the DRIVER and they fail to pay a PCN , eventually the registered keeper ONLY could be held responsible. but that doesnt fit any of your PCN's esp this one!!

neither should pay anything to anyone not doc your wages nor add admin fees.

again something is not right here.

dx

nothing to do with  

and they

Actually you making me go back and double check the Arnold Clark thing rang a bell and the trust took all the payments off my wages. 2 months £111 & 2 months at £115. Im fairly sure that means its paid off?

they should not be docking your wages for ANY PCN's thats £452 they've taken for WHAT?

i VERY much doubt its for this PCN at ALL!!

the maths makes no sense.

even if it had gone all the way through to bailiffs they can only add £310, £310+£50=£360...not £452!!

i have attached one of your pdf's, is that your home address blanked out in otherwords that notice to owner went to YOU?

so this pcn with bailiffs (IF its the same numbered one!!) wasnt paid in 14 days @£25, so it went to £50.

now you state there was no pcn on your windscreen, though the NTO attached states there WAS.

so you did not get the original PCN,

the council never sent you one with your name and address after they must have been told who was leasing the vehicle when the council wrote to our employer the hiree and they told them you were the leaser from the trust.

the council should have sent a new pcn and  reset everything.

so you appear to me to have legal cause to appeal using the correct forums by reading    

and they

It is my work lease car address (hospital). They added 12.50 too for admin fees 🤨.

Lease Car Ins Excess 12.50
263 Lease Car Excess 11 5.08

263 Lease Car Excess 115.08

263 Lease Car Excess 111.08

263 Lease Car Excess 111.08

the councils notice to owner wasnt even addressed to YOU at your home address as the named driver. 

the NHS should have responded to it naming you to the council as the leaser THEN the council should have sent YOU new PCN to your address this resets everything back to £25 if paid within 14 days, else £50...NOT £159. i will guess they didn't?

so you neither saw nor got the YELLOW PCN sticker envelope from the windscreen of you car at the time of the offence, nor were sent one later in the post, this PCN is probably appealable -  use the forms i pointed too above (ONLY do this if you def never saw/got a PCN dont appeal if you did) lie ) 

now as for the bailiff ...you said earlier:

12 hours ago, fedup1724 said:

I rang the lovely Equita up and surprisingly got a lovely girl who set up a payment plan of £59 monthly for me starting 5th April......champion no bailiffs. WRONG!

what cause you to ring the bailiff? you must have gotten the Notice Of enforcement through your letterbox NOT a txt or phonecall. 

lastly...

the NHS where you are should NOT BE DOCKING YOUR WAGES FOR UNPAID COUNCIL PCN's (if thats what this code 236 is in your lastest PDF?)

if you've a union there id go have a chat with their legal rep.

anyway look im not being funny but you seem all over the place so we cant really rely upon just today's story ....

with CCJ's

toll fees 

PCN's

wages being docked 

and poss debts too?

you must be all over the place...hence the pirate ship comment.

if you want help with all of it.

get your head together on each problem

start a thread on each (even debts)

and WE WILL HELP.

just before i go.

it makes me laugh a finance company arnold clarke paid a toll fee £2.20+£32 admin fee + £20 their FEE...:pound:

have you always had the same car since last summer?

thats totally bonkers for them to even be involved in.

and they

Just the phone call and fear of the kids being involved and it upsetting them. 

Sadly I have remembered I went over my miles as this latest car took ages to get here (we get them brand new)

I kept my old one 1yrs longer, it was mileage over what I had been allocated that they were deducting.

I need to Get exactly what the payments were for

I haven't answered the bailiffs through paper means it was purely done through returning a phone call and a quick google. 

I have no recollection of a pcn on the car, if there had of been It would of been a reminder to pay it but this was the last week of my mums life. Things were stressful so as ive said, I don't remember getting one.

I appreciate everything you lot do and have a fantastic union guy so will get him on board 🏴‍☠️

full circle again.

you've a habit of not answering direct questions directly.

lets try this another way.

for all these recent pcns be them for parking, toll charges are whatever...

is this the same CAR for everyone of them.??

nice you've resolved what these mystery charges were though docked wages, mileage not them taking PCN's from wages.

i think this removes the need for union involvement as the trust are not taking PCN Fees from wages.

full circle againx2

if you did not physically collect the PCN from the windscreen nor did you latterly get a new one regarding the offence sent to YOU and YOUR home address then use the forms and appeal.

you dont have to put any waffle or reason as to why you never got the PCN, just you didn't.

it's for THEM to prove you DID get one.

if if if the bailiff appears, just remember hes not out to do anything nasty or wrong.

if you WISH, get your mobile phone...film him

pop outside to see him, tell him the PCN is being appealed as you never received it.

they know the score and will leave.

there's no need to txt or tell him previous nor his company you are appealing, they'll soon findout.

in a way it as good your DD failed. as you dont owe them anything.

once the appeal is accepted. everything will be rolled back to as if you'd just got the PCN.

so if all goes well all you need is £25 in a few months to pay in and this will all be over.

dx

and they