Whirlpool/Hotpoint Faulty part after 13mts - confirmed by their own engineer - refusing to replace - stating out of 90 days warranty

Hi all,

We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer via phone.

This part has now failed, as confirmed by the manufacturers who sent out their engineer FOC.

This engineer installed a replacement part, our machine came back to life, but sadly they had to remove this part used for testing as "we would be charged for it" otherwise and reinstalled the old faulty board.

The retailer are refusing to replace this part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days.

When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives.

AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice?

Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)?

Thanks,

GH

• dx100uk changed the title to Whirlpool/Hotpoint Faulty part after 13mts - confirmed by their own engineer - refusing to replace - stating out of 90 days warranty

i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand.

if you have their engineers report, thats good enough.

it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace.

but they must under CRA do one of the above.

to date how have you been in contacting the manu?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, thanks for doing that.

I've used the phone and live chat (both web and whatsapp). They don't have a public email or obvious postal address without me going onto companies house.

Cheers,

Hotpoint CEO Email Address - Emailist

send a complaint to her.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You haven't told us the name of the retailer. Any reason for this?

Yes, Hotpoint UK has been a subsidiary of Whirlpool for over 20 years. And unlike some domestic goods manufacturers you can buy from them direct and I believe they employ their own service engineers, Is that your situation? You bought direct from Hotpoint and Hotpoint sent out their own engineer?

The part in question was bought direct from Hotpoint (to replace a burnt door interlock and melted wiring). I'm unsure of the original retailer the machine was bought from, we're talking 5 years+ ago, but I can find out if absolutely necessary.

It's one of the models that was listed on the recall list, but Hotpoint have stated for many years it wasn't an affected unit when given the serial number - I expect this is why they offered a FoC engineer visit because I sent them pictures of the (new ) burned door interlock.