JCI/CARS/Global - paid F&F but still chasing!! - Old Talk Talk debt/dispute

I have a debt with TalkTalk for £352.36. 

I was paying Global Debt Recover Ltd £1 a month for this debt.

Last year they sent me a letter with an offer of an early settlement fee of £70.27, which I paid, and I received an email receipt thanking me for paying and stating that my account is now closed.

However, not long after paying the aforementioned fee, I received a letter from a company called C.A.R.S, stating that they have now taken over and have been asked to pursue the debt.

I sent a copy of the email receipt over to C.A.R.S, but they said, after speaking to JC International Acquisition LLC, that I still owe the money.

I also emailed Global, who initially told me that they cannot help me, as the debt is now with C.A.R.S.

However, after emailing them again last week, they told me that I should not be pursued for the debt, as my debt was paid off.

I am Autistic, and finding it increasingly difficult to cope with all the stress and anxiety, and feel as though I am being past from pillar to post.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sparky

Welcome to CAG.

You've been had by powerless DCAs for years it seems.

Paid up once and now they're missing their free money to fund their evenings down the pub.

You should *ignore* their correspondence totally, block text messages and report them as spam.

Only come back here if they issue a letter of claim.

Make sure you print off and save that correspondence with the full and final payment offer being accepted and the account being closed. You might need it later.

Remember, a DCA is not a bailiff and has absolutely zero legal powers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to JCI/CARS/Global - paid F&F but still chasing!! - Old Talk Talk debt/dispute

never pay a DCA anything!! :frusty:

you got had blind...

title updated moved to the BB forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@dx100uk / @lolerz 

I think we need to take a different approach with this one - A formal complaint to all parties involved - The "debtor" - In reality a victim of these sharks could stand for a payout and refer to FOS

Also I can see some failings to identify the OP as vulnerable. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Posted (edited)

I would certainly second that!

Make a formal complaint, for all the good it will do, to global debt recovery and exhaust their complaints procedure so you are able to escalate it to the FOS.

This is perfect proof why you should never pay a DCA anything, they will take your money and promise you that will be the end of it, when in actual fact, they flog on the remaining outstanding balance to another powerless DCA who will again mark you as a mug and take more money off you.

Have you checked your credit file?

Is there anything on there that relates to this 'debt'?

P.S. You're not paying them anything are you?

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!