Returned iMac Lost or Stolen by UPS ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 98 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, claim everything. Make sure that you are not out of pocket by a single penny.

The letter of claim looks fine

Open an account with the MCOL website. Start drafting your claim and post your draft particulars here before clicking them off.

Make sure that you are completely ready to go on day 15

No its wrong

please see below

you can't do a LOC to a company in ROI.

ROI isnt part of the UK.

You need to focus on the UK site.

You can't start a court claim with a LBA to a different country

Edited by jk2054

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

yes. I didn't pick up on the Irish address 

APPLE, C/O TMF Group, 13th Floor, One Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ, United Kingdom.

You may find that you want to sue them to one of their stores directly not their head office, since you can't seize goods from their head office, only a store.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

SAR and Letter of Claim sent off today to Apple HQ in London.

Have received a phone call today strangely from UPS securities team.

It appears something nefarious has occurred at the UPS depot after a review of the CCTV when the vehicle was offloaded.

I have been asked to email a timeline of what occurred as they are interviewing staff and are likely to get the police involved.

After which they will be able to contact Apple, who apparently can obtain a location of the iMac when it was loaded up/ last online, but are unwilling to do that without a police investigation due to GDPR.

This is getting a little messy now as I am (a) awaiting contact from Barclays Finance re the section 75  against the loan, and (b) have submitted a letter of claim to Apple.

Edited by circadian_rhythm

I suggest that you write to UPS and tell them that you are happy to cooperate in their investigation but you want them to inform Apple of the problem and that they realise that the item was stolen was in their care.

Tell them that the moment you are suing Apple for reimbursement for the lost item. That UPS will be referred to in your claim and in witness evidence.
They provide you with writing confirming what they told you over the telephone. Will they contact Apple on your behalf and set the record straight for them.

You know you spoke to?
Did you ask?
Did you get a reference number?
Did you ask for a reference number?
Did you get any contact details for them at all?

Hi guys,

Just a follow up.  UPS security have concluded their investigation.

After reviewing surveillance video they only saw a letter coming off the vehicle.  This was then delivered to Apple.  Or at least, that's what  I was told by them.

Apple were never at fault.

it seems somewhere between being picked up from my property to their depot, the shipping label was swapped.  On Monday they were going to interview the driver and let me know on Tuesday.  They advised that it was a long standing employee with a spotless record and he would most likely lose his job.  

They called on Tuesday to advise they had finished their interview with the driver and would contact apple with the result on whether they admitted liability.  They would not give any further details. 

I asked if it would go in my favour as we had kind of built up a bit of a rapport over the last couple of weeks of calls, but all she would say is "maybe" and that I should contact Apple later on that day. Offered their apologies for what had transpired and ended the call.

I rang Apple support that evening and they had no note of any further communication, but that I should email their security team.

I left it until this morning and emailed Apple security.

I have just now received an emailed Order Confirmation for a replacement iMac. 

it seems UPS have admitted liability.  Case closed.

I thank you for all your help. Glad it didn't have to go as far as court, but what a horrible series of events.  I do not envy anybody that has to go through this as it has affected my mental health.

Best Regards Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations. Well done on the good results.

Yes the whole experiences awful but at the end of the day it's is down to UPS security.

If you feel that we have been of help to you then there is a donation button around somewhere!!! 😄

• AndyOrch changed the title to Returned iMac Lost or Stolen by UPS ***Resolved***