IDRWW chasing UAE FAB Bank debt

Hi,

I have a debt with FAB and have been receiving a lot of IDRWW letters recently,

why should I never email the bank directly back and only write..

sorry if it’s a stupid question

but from the UK what would guarantee they receive the letter.

Thanks 

Yes please, it stops confusion over who's doing what.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

I have a debt with FAB and have been receiving a lot of IDRWW letters recently with the latest one just today saying they are going to forward it to their solicitors.

Why should I never email the bank directly back and only write..

sorry if it’s a stupid question

but from the UK what would guarantee they receive the letter and as I have never replied to any of the IDRWW letters

wouldn’t my bank then just inform them that they have my correct address.

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to IDRWW chasing UAE FAB Bank debt

if you have moved around in the UK and have never told the bank then you are in danger of a backdoor CCJ.

you must write to the bank simply informing them of your correct and current address.

should you wish to negotiate a F&F settlement etc.

i would take the time to read a good few (+20) UAE threads in this very same forum as you create yours in.

then decide.

but you must write to the Bank ASAP if you've never written to inform them of your current and correct address.

once thats done.

the only things you do not ignore are a :

letter of claim.

a statutory Demand

a Court Claimform.

if you get any of those (remote chance) comeback here BEFORE you act. but you MUST act and NOT ignore those.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply.

I just wanted to add that I received this email from the UAE bank last week so does this change anything as they have said that IDR are authorised to act.

Please also be guided that your account has been assigned to our partnered agency, who shall reach out to you for follow up on your over dues. The agency, IDR is authorized to act on behalf of First Abu Dhabi Bank as per agreed terms and conditions.

I will send by recorded delivery a written letter just confirming my updated address..

After reading some threads I can see that the bank usually does not write back and people will continue receive correspondence from IDRWW as they will keep sending letters by post or email.. is the plan just to ignore unless I receive one of the letter you mentioned above?

Thanks 

I also wanted to ask please that the amount I owe is £2k ( £6k with their interest) and it was back in 2017 so can it be statue barred?

Thanks 

22 hours ago, Lsam49 said:

is the plan just to ignore unless I receive one of the letter you mentioned above?

:rockon:

22 hours ago, Lsam49 said:

I also wanted to ask please that the amount I owe is £2k ( £6k with their interest) and it was back in 2017 so can it be statue barred?

SB UAE is 10 yrs or 15yrs i believe.

keep reading you'll find it

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Back in February I had sent my OC a letter with my updated address and i received the same letter returned saying ‘ returned to sender’ has this happened to anyone else?

They obviously must have opened my letter  to know my address and just sent it back.

Do I need to send another letter ?

Thanks

Wouldn’t I be in danger though of a backdoor CCJ? That was the point of me sending the letter and they have just sent it back pretending that it was not received I assume.

I have yet to know of someone who’s got that. Everyone I know or have heard of on these forums has just ignored and so far nothing. Touch wood that remains. 
just ignore- you’ve tried and they just don’t cooperate. 

posted moved to your OWN thread

please only ask questions here LTT

and they