Faulty cooker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought an electric cooker Thursday 7th December from Facebook marketplace. The company had 5 star reviews and seems to have a steady flow of stock to sell. The cooker was delivered and installed at 8pm that night - everything seemed fine. I get home from work at 11pm and decided to cook some sausages. The oven had been on for 10 mins and the glass panel on the oven door completely shattered. After taking a closer look it is riddled with rust. I have the invoice receipt (i paid £170 in cash). I have an 8 year old son who has learning challenges and is currently being tested for autism. I contacted the seller asking for someone to come and collect the cooker asap and asking for a full refund, to be told no. He has stated because my partner saw it working when it was installed, he believes we have tampered with it (we havent). The engineer literally turned it on and off again (he also failed to turn the fuse box off before installing,  my partner had to do this). The seller has stated because i reported the damages 3 hours after it was installed, he wont refund me. He has offered to 'try' and find a new door at a cost of £20 which i would have to pay. The cooker is supposed to have a 6 month warranty. After questioning the seller some more, he told me he only received the cooker that morning, after going through previous communications with him, the cooker delivered wasnt actually the one we had chosen. Is the seller in the wrong and can i get my money back? 

i bought an electric cooker Thursday 7th December from Facebook marketplace.

The company had 5 star reviews and seems to have a steady flow of stock to sell.

The cooker was delivered and installed at 8pm that night - everything seemed fine. I get home from work at 11pm and decided to cook some sausages. The oven had been on for 10 mins and the glass panel on the oven door completely shattered.

After taking a closer look it is riddled with rust.

I have the invoice receipt (i paid £170 in cash).

I have an 8 year old son who has learning challenges and is currently being tested for autism. I contacted the seller asking for someone to come and collect the cooker asap and asking for a full refund, to be told no.

He has stated because my partner saw it working when it was installed, he believes we have tampered with it (we havent).

The engineer literally turned it on and off again (he also failed to turn the fuse box off before installing,  my partner had to do this).

The seller has stated because i reported the damages 3 hours after it was installed, he wont refund me.

He has offered to 'try' and find a new door at a cost of £20 which i would have to pay.

The cooker is supposed to have a 6 month warranty.

After questioning the seller some more, he told me he only received the cooker that morning, after going through previous communications with him, the cooker delivered wasnt actually the one we had chosen.

Is the seller in the wrong and can i get my money back? 

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Yes you can get your money back – but don't expect that it will be easy.

What is the name of the supplier?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have a short-term right to reject if a defect manifests itself within the first 30 days of ownership.

You need to assert this right in writing. Write to the supplier immediately – by email and also by post – recorded delivery – and tell him that the cooker has manifested defects (list of defects) and therefore you are rejecting it and your short time right to reject provided in the consumer rights act 2015.

Make sure you use roughly speaking this language. Send it to the suppliers immediately. Don't hang around.

Once you've done that, at least you have asserted your rights – but don't expect that to be the end of the story. It is most unlikely that they will simply roll over and accept the rejection of the vehicle. You will probably have to force the issue.

You may need to threaten court action but we will help you.

Have a look at our used car guide and particularly see what happens when you pay by cash or you pay by bank transfer.

No it wouldn't affect your case although it would probably be a waste of time but why not try it just in case