MET PCN claimform - occupants left Southgate premises - Southgate Carpark Stansted

Hi, 
I have received a claim form from MET Parking regarding an unpaid parking charge from November 2019 at the Southgate Carpark Stansted.

From what I can remember I received a few PCN but assumed these were a scam of some sort as the driver was a paying customer on the carpark premises at the time.

The notices stopped for a few years but I have now received a claim form from The Civil National Business Centre in Northampton dated 22nd November. 

From reading previous threads I am unsure what my best course of action is from here?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated as this just doesn't seem fair at all! 

Thanks in advance. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to MET PCN claimform - Southgate Carpark Stansted

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@Nicky Boy Please find the details below. Thanks. 

Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre, Northampton

Name of the Claimant : MET PARKING SERVICES LTD        

Claimants Solicitors: DCB LEGAL LTD 

Date of issue – 22nd November 2023

Date for AOS - I will do this today so 7th December 2023

Date to submit Defence - Would be 22 December

What is the claim for – 

1.      The defendant (D) is indebted to the Claimant (c) for a Parking Charge(s) issued to vehicle XXXXXXX at (346) Southgate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY.

2.      The PCN(s) were issued on 09/11/2019

3.      The defendant is pursued as the driver of the vehicle for breach of the terms on the signs (the contract). Reason: Vehicle left in Southgate Park Car Park without payment made for parking and occupants left Southgate premises.

4.      In the alternative the defendant is pursued as the keeper pursuant to POFA 2012, schedule 4.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1.      £170 being the total of the PCN and damages.

2.      Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Court Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £.01 until judgement or sooner payment.

3.      Costs and court fees.

What is the value of the claim?

Amount Claimed £227.76

court fees £35.00

legal rep fees £50.00

Total Amount £312.76

Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? Y December 2021

Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? Not that I can recall, definitely have not replied to any past correspondence.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

.register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
then log in to the MCOL Website

.select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

.then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

.get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

.you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DCBL are such ignorant idiots. The PCN is non compliant as the land is covered by bye laws so they cannot pursue the keeper. By Law the PCN not being compliant means that only the driver can be pursued.  So what DCBL ae going on about by saying that they can pursue you under PoFA 2012 is utter hogwash.

You're right that it is a scam - and has been exposed as a scam on national television.

However, the court claim is legit and needs to be defended.

The immediately important things to do are AOS and CPR as dx has explained.

Did MET send you a Letter of Claim or similar before they started court action?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OK, understood.

dx explained

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

.you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

CPR is a simple template letter asking for the evidence they are relying on in the court case.  It's designed to get things like the Letter of Claim which you may have thrown away and also to embarrass them when they fail to provide legal permissions like Planning Permission that they've failed to obtain.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to MET PCN claimform - occupants left Southgate premises - Southgate Carpark Stansted
  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Any update here?

In the last week or so MET have given in and discontinued two court cases for this site.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

• 4 weeks later...

So what stage is your case at?

We have around 130 Caggers who got tickets for this MET scam site.  In only six cases have MET dared do court.  It's very useful for others in the same position as you to know what is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

It has been very stressful. I have just received a letter of 'Notice of Transfer of Proceedings' which states the case has been transferred to my local court and to await judge's directions. Is there still a possibility that it will not go to court? The other issue I now have is that I am moving abroad for work in the next few months and now might not actually be able to attend the court hearing! 

I am not sure what the best course of action is now. I feel like after all this, the MET are going to win anyway! HELP! 

Thanks for coming back to us.

There are no guarantees - but remember that so far MET have not had the guts to put even a single case before a judge.  Not once.

Yours is one of seven court cases.

Three ongoing like yours.

In two MET bottled it as Witness Statement stage approached.

In one the allocating judge decided their Particulars of Claim were rubbish and threw the case in the bin.

Just the one victory by MET by default when the motorist stupidly didn't file a defence.

So there is every chance that MET will throw in the towel in your case too if you stand firm.

Please keep us informed of what is happening.

Regarding being abroad, that is no reason for things going wrong, you can request an on-line hearing and we've had several cases where the PPC gave up when the motorist moved abroad.

But please keep us in the loop.