Group Nexus ANPR PCN Claimform - Cannon Lane Retail Park, Tonbridge, TN9

The PCN was for £85 [the maximum that can be charged according to PoFA2012] then they have added another £70 for damages which they have failed to describe what the damages were. Thus the amount claimed is a penalty and the £70 is around a further 80% more added to the account. 

The PCN was issued under PoFA2012 which means the keeper is responsible for the amount if the  amount has not been paid within 28 days. Schedule 4 S9[f]

(f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—

(i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and

(ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,

the creditor will have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;

As it is obvious that the Creditor does not know who the driver was or they would have been pursuing them rather than hedging their bets by trying to pursue the driver and the keeper  they cannot be pursuing the  driver. 

This only leaves the keeper who is the person they should be pursuing anyway when they don't know who was driving. PoFA 2012 is quite clear on this as noted above from Section9 [f]. 

@lookinforinfo thanks for that.

That makes sense but what does this mean for me?

Does it mean they will have better chance of success from judge against just the keeper? or will it still boil down to the arguments put forward re the extra amounts added, the signage and any other point I may use in my defence?

thanks

you do know you dont have to put @(person) in your posts?

everyone that has posted on a thread automatically (like you and this post) gets an alert when is submitted.

you dont have to ping alert by using @

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

LFI's arguments are all excellent points that will go in your Witness Statement to undermine their case.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)
On 29/12/2023 at 10:43, Hopgarden said:

@lookinforinfo thanks for that.

That makes sense but what does this mean for me?

Well the idea is to make the Judge think that they should be pursuing the keeper and not the driver because you as keeper are not liable now as the PCN does not comply with PoFA. They have said that they are pursuing you as the driver and the keeper which the Court does not accept. The rogues have to pick on one and if they pick on the driver they have to show some evidence that the driver is the keeper which is difficult.for them.

That is why we ask not to appeal since the keeper will often give themselves away by saying "I did not see the signs " for example rather than saying "the driver did not...."

So all I have done is give the Judge a little help in deciding why he should agree that the keeper is the rightful person for the persons to be taken to Court.

Edited by lookinforinfo

• 1 month later...

Thank you LFI that makes sense.

Just an update. I have received the allocation of small track claim. I have completed the N180 and am about to post. 1 copy to business centre - micky mouse court and 1 copy to claimants sols.

I have received a reply re my SARS request from DCB legal pluis a reply to CPR 31.14 request. They have just sent copies of the threatening letters they have previously sent me a and a copy of lots of pictures of the car parking signs in situ within the said car park.

will keep you uodated

22 minutes ago, Hopgarden said:

I have received a reply re my SARS request from DCB legal pluis a reply to CPR 31.14 request. They have just sent copies of the threatening letters they have previously sent me a and a copy of lots of pictures of the car parking signs in situ within the said car park.

Is there anything we haven't seen on the thread yet?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

27 minutes ago, Hopgarden said:

1 copy to business centre - micky mouse court

its not a court as such - it's a bulk clearing centre.

28 minutes ago, Hopgarden said:

1 copy to claimants sols.

dont give them email/phone on their copy

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No Nothing new, no contracts or planning permissions etc. just lots of pictures of the signs and copies of the demands they have sent previously.

I havent given any contact details apart from address

many thanks