FCA Automotive Services/Stoneacre Car Finance agreement and Steven Drake sols claimform - CCA recon?

Hi

Have a debt that has not been acknowledged, nor a payment made, for 5 years and 10 months.

Have had various letters from a 'solicitors' about it (1 in 2020, 1 in 2022, and this newest one) but they have never sent me all of the paperwork I've requested, nor have they answered my complaint about irresponsible lending - yet still I have this (new) threat of pending court action.

One of the many issues is the copy of the original credit agreement.

On the original, it clearly states that the T&Cs (with a particular reference number) form part of the agreement, yet the T&Cs they've sent me have a different reference number.

To me, this means the T&Cs they've sent are incorrect because they are not the one's that form part of the (original) agreement.

I'm a little confused as they claim, what they sent, is the original agreement...Does this have any bearing at all?

I've written back to them explaining that they haven't sent what I requested, nor have they answered my original complaint but I'm very worried they will push this to the court.

Thoughts?

why are you entering into silly pointless letter tennis?

have you ever had  letter of claim?

whats the debt

who's the dca?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Very confused as possible Credit Agreement reconstruction?

Topic title amended for clarity.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

OK,

After receiving a letter in 2020 from a solicitors, I sent a reply to the same  'solicitors' requesting all the documents regarding the debt, and for an answer to a complaint of irresponsible lending (was bringing home £850 a month but was given car finance by Stoneacre whereby payments were £245 pm), finally received some (not all) documents but no answer to complaint.

Fast forward to 2022 and another letter from same 'solicitors' demanding payment. Wrote back explaining not all docs received and no complaint answered. Heard nothing back.

Last month, another letter from a different paralegal (same firm of solicitors) which was, this time, a Threat of 14 Day Notice to Issue Claim Form

I have told them the same as I did previously but only recently noticed that the Ts & Cs they sent last time are different from the one's that form part of the original agreement.

I have also registered a complaint with the FOS re steven drake (solicitors)

can you answers my questions please?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't understand your question about 'pointless letter tennis'

I don't think we've had a letter of claim as such, just this latest threat of one

I did mention it was for car finance through Stoneacre

Also said it was Stevensdrake chasing the £'s on behalf of their client (don't know who their client is though)

if you didnt get a letter of claim you should never ever reply to anyone or their wolves.

simply pointless letter tennis.

if its SB'd in 2mts (defaulted date from stoneacre default notice+14days or your last payment date, whichever is the latter)

until or unless you ever get a letter of claim from a sols representing the debt owner, (assuming this is a CCA Regulated agreement) you ignore everyone.

that will come with a reply pack wanting things like I&E etc and gives you 1mth to reply (but come here 1st!!)  .

the sols client will be stated at the top of their letters....who is?

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Stoneacre Car Finance agreement and Steven Drake sols letters - Very confused as possible Credit Agreement reconstruction?
  • dx100uk changed the title to FCA Automotive Services/Stoneacre Car Finance agreement and Steven Drake sols letters - CCA recon?

do you have your copy of the original agreement you signed?

when did you buy the car?

Stoneacre Car Finance are brokers and i suspect the agreement is not in their name, hence you've had no comms with them at all ?.

had you moved in that time?

can we have the original story of what happened to the car, why you stopped paying 5 years and 10 months. (feb 2018?) ago?

and they

Yes I do, that's why I realised what the Ts & Cs they sent me differed to what I have (bearing in mind they told me what they sent were the original Ts & Cs)

Purchased 2015

Not moved, no.

Stopped paying because simply could not afford it. 

is the agreement covered by the CCA & HP?

who is the named creditor?

dx

and they

It is covered by the CCA = How will I know if it's covered by HP?

Named creditor Fiat Financial Services (FCA Automotive)

FCA have changed their name for around the 5th time.

They are now CA Auto Finance UK Ltd apparently

scan it up 

read upload

HP is part of the CCA act 1974.

and they

12 hours ago, WantJustice said:

It is covered by the CCA = How will I know if it's covered by HP?

All HP agreements are covered by sec79 of the CCA1974.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 5 months later...

Hope we're in the correct place.

Have, today, received a court order for a car loan debt taken out in 2015. 

The car loan was issued solely to my (vulnerable) wife, based on her annual income (at the time) of around £9000. The loan repayments were set at around £240 pm (plus a last balloon payment of roughly £3500 - after 5 years). The loan total given to her, with interest, was £14,318. Irresponsible lending at its best? We had 3 young children at the time. 

We tried keeping up with the payments but after the last payment we made (Feb 2018), we simply could not afford to pay. My wife got the odd letter/threat but nothing until a solicitors' letter arrived. She wrote back, making sure it was clear that she was not acknowledging the debt, but requested all the necessary paperwork. A few weeks later they sent her some (not all) of the paperwork, but the Terms and Conditions document was incorrect, it was different to the original. With that in mind, we just let it be. 

They didn't write for two years, until they demanding payment again. Wife wrote back (again not acknowledging the debt) and told them the paperwork they sent 2 years previously was incomplete AND it had the wrong Ts & Cs. Nothing again for a year until a new person wrote- they were told the same and hadn't heard anything again until the court order arrived today.

Will ignore the fact that the court order say Miss and not Mrs but just looking for a steer on how to respond. Does she simply quote the Limitations Act in her defence? Does she mention that they've never sent the requested docs to prove the debt, let alone sending the wrong Ts and Cs. She has 14 days to respond but like to get it done well before then.

Thank you

Edited by WantJustice
  • Like 1

Interesting this one. I have no real knowledge to give but I wish you and your wife luck. The guys here are ace so Im sure you'll be sorted in no time.

This a claim form from the courts or a letter before claim from the sols?

• lolerz changed the title to FCA Automotive Services/Stoneacre Car Finance agreement and Steven Drake sols claimform - CCA recon?

Threads merged, topic title updated and moved to the Financial Legal Issues subforum.

Please complete this: 

• Like 1