Backdoor CCJ Lowell/Overdales old Hoist UK Card debt

Hauschka
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I may or may not have an unpaid credit card from 1996-1998 when I was a student but I do not recall leaving a credit card unpaid. I have only in recent years heard anything about this claim.

Lowells / Overdales / Gregory Pennington(?) have been pursuing a debt for the last couple of years at least. They originally alleged it was linked to a NatWest credit card. I have been banking with HSBC since 2000 at least and have not had a credit card in this time. I do have some paypal credit.

When I phoned Lowells / Gregory Pennington to clarify some details they refused to speak to me unless I gave them my phone number... as part of their verification process. A little odd as they didn't have my phone number to verify against. 

If I even owe this debt it is over 23 years old.

They claim I have a CCJ against this amount yet this is the first I have heard of it and nothing is, nor ever was showing on my credit record. Again, phoning is useless as they refuse to speak to me without me giving them more information than they already have (phone no).

The latest effort has dropped any mention of a CCJ and has instead included the following letter. Has this got any weight or is it just another false claim? The stamp is fake.

Key concerns:

1. How do I confirm this is a real high court case

2. How do I confirm I have a CCJ when I have already checked my credit rating at Advantis and Clearscore?

3. If I actually owe this debt I will happily repay it but I'm not sure how it is enforceable with zero proof I owe it. I'm concerned it will be a false claim pushed through a legal process in order to make it enforceable despite being bogus... ultimately using my legal ignorance and unwillingness to spend money to challenge a bogus claim. (I suspect this is the exact thing these companies rely on).

Thank you so much.

Hoisk CCJ now to lowell.pdf

Its simply a change of claimants name (from Hoist to Lowell P1) notice to any defendants involved with existing claims.

If you have not received a court claim in connection to the above then ignore but its strange the court has copied you in.

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ Lowell/Overdales old Hoist UK Card debt

looks like its lowells usual MO on all the old judgements they inherited from Hoist UK when they recently bought them out.

they are sending out 10'000 of letters chasing old debt hoist debts, with or without judgements, even ones that have been statute barred for years and years in the hope they find mugs that will blindly cough up thinking they are BAILIFFS when they are not.

shame you sort of fell for it and rang the world and his dog.

just ignore them

there is nothing they can actually do on a debt that old even with a ccj.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, Hauschka said:

Gregory Pennington

are a  fee charging debt management company that people goto to manage a debt management plan on their behalf. the stories here are terrible as most of the money you pay goes in their monthly fees.  very little ever get paid of the actual debts they manage for people.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Given that Lowell sent you the above and not the High Court well speaks for itself :classic_cool: 

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

when was the last time you moved?

and they