style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PXL-20230712-080948488.jpgMorning all

Due to having an on off leak In the kitchen I've been up in the loft (nightmare to get in due to loft extension)

Spotted this thing and came down sharpish (allergic to wasps) Not seen any really around the garden, or any around it so far

What's the likelihood of it being an old nest?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Have you seen wasps going in and out of the roof anywhere? The last live wasps nest I was involved with, there were a lot of wasps about, we just didn't realise where they were from. We had it removed by the council.

Sometimes you can hear them, although that means getting fairly close to the nest. I found this from Hampshire council as an example.

WWW.HAMPSHIRE-WASPCONTROL.CO.UK

Your questions answered about wasps, hornets and bees... A wasp nest will make very little noise in the early stages of nest building. You may hear

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hmmm

Thinking on it not seen many around the garden but did spot one or two hanging around near the tiles

Think I'll build a remote sprayer and tackle it carefully to be on the safe side

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I've dealt with two or three of these – although they turned out not to be live.

If you tap it very gently with the end of the stick you should hear buzzing if it is still in use. No buzzing – and you can be pretty well certain is not in use.

However, prudent to spray. Push the nozzle into into it and start spraying. Knock it down into a large black bin bag. You may well need an assistant.

Then cleanup the place where it was and could to the woodwork very thoroughly.

If you do it gently it should come down in one piece. Give it to some local kids who are interested this kind of thing so they can have a look and be fascinated by it

Hate to admit it bank fodder if I can kill it it has to stay there

The space it's in is approximately a foot tall I have no access to get close to the nest, I have the ability to build a remote sprayer (can screwed to a stick, with remote trigger and a inspection camera for aiming)

But getting closer enough to remove it would involve removing solar panels, the mounts, a section of tiles and the under felt

• Thanks 1

Please note:

Sounds like a very impressive piece of kit.

Please let us know how it goes and some photographs would be great – especially of the thing in action. Maybe a video?

I will try but in reality its going to be 2 pieces of 2x2, some string, a can of wasp nest killer and a drain inspection camera attached to a mobile phone 

Basically one of these but without paying £100 and with a camera on the top so I can see where it's pointing, although I might also add an angle into it so it fits in the space betterScreenshot-20230713-141555.png

• Like 1

Please note:

• 1 month later...

Apologies on no video yet, I've been monitoring the nest and not seen any activity so I'm suspecting it's dead

If it becomes live the video will be forthcoming 

Please note: