• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Licensed breeder Puppy farm & genetically sick pups.***Settled***

Lesley A

I have checked and cannot see I am making claims without evidence - genuinely. 
at the start of this thread your opinion was that I would win.  Even though I had no idea at the time what breaches had actually occurred nor had I listed many.  
You advised me to particularise the breaches, restructure completely and reduce the original.  
I did so.  
I am simply trying to highlight the extent of her negligence with regulations/breaches fitting my situation.  
Now have done all of that, your final opinion is my chances of winning are remote.  
I am very confused in all honesty.  
should I drop all the licensing breaches and keep the consumer parts in only ? 

• 2 months later...

Hi.  
I just wanted to provide an update.  
I have won the case in full without a hearing.  
In a previous thread I was advised that the breeders financial situation was irrelevant - it’s not.  It matters.  £5.2k was awarded.  
The court consider their finances  in assessing wether an order is being forced for an amount the defendant simply cannot pay.  
thank you for your assistance in this matter.
regards 

lesley.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you and you’re welcome.  
I anticipate none payment which is due 1/12.  
the courts have advised it’s a higher level of ‘collection techniques’ by bailifffs as the award exceeds £5k.  
They have advised me to complete a writt control form on 2/12 if no payment but I will defo keep you informed.  
thanks again.  

33 minutes ago, Lesley A said:

I have won the case in full without a hearing.  

In mediation or you have a default judgment ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have not received the paperwork yet from the courts - I happened to call the court for an update but I’m pretty sure it’s a default judgement.  
they are posting it out today so I will confirm upon receipt but they said it’s higher level of collection and the form they told me to complete on the 2/12 triggers bailiff collection.  

Hi, 

Update:

the breeder has now had a solicitors letter sent to me refusing to accept judgement based on a faulty service ( claiming the name was spelt wrong etc), no PoC has been received , I must stop the judgement or pay her costs in court as she now seeks an urgent order based on incorrect service.

I explained she confirmed their details twice upon being asked where she wanted docs to go and that she refused delivery at her home address of the action coming she’s obstructed service herself.  

lesley 

They will have to make application to set a side then...not that they have any valid grounds or any chance of success.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you for that, 

I have simply told them if they succeed in their request for it be set aside, I will be asking for a CCJ at the hearing for a charge on her property.  
She supplied her reps name.  It didn’t appear on google so I text her to say they didn’t exist. 
she text back confirming their name and address for service.  
I sent copies to her home by recorded delivery.  She refused it and it was returned marked as refused to accept by the a Royal Mail.  
She has provided fake details and was asked twice for confirmation.  So I believe she did this deliberately.  
If they are claiming they never knew of the action, won’t the court re consider the judgement? 
Regards 

lesley.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lesley A said:

I will be asking for a CCJ at the hearing for a charge on her property.  

Charge not CCJ, why wait you can already with your judgment but its not the best way to execute a judgment as it merely provides security of your judgment and will sit there until the defendant decides to sell their property. Also if the defendant is a joint owner and the judgment is in his/her name only its placed as a restriction on their share of the value of the property. I doubt you would ever see any payment from the charge.

There are over options to execute a judgment and if your judgment is above 5K you can use HCEO.

Agreed.

I was going with the writ of control but her date for payment was today so I cannot initiate it until tomorrow.  

N293a is the form they told me to use- is that what you refer to with HCEO? 

It’s above £5k so the courts have advised it’s a higher level of collection techniques used by bailiffs.  

Her husband has gun crime offences and is out there in google so true - should I advise the bailiffs he uses guns or is that not my place - I worry for them.  

Her property is jointly owned but mortgage free. 

Does a charge not force her to with pay or sell to pay? It  just sits there until sale? 

32 minutes ago, Lesley A said:

N293a is the form they told me to use- is that what you refer to with HCEO? 

Correct and its not your concern for the safety of a Bailiff..there have been recent developments in which Judgment of + £600 can now be transferred up to High Court for enforcement purposes.

If the judgment obtained in the County Court is over £5000 and the claimant wishes to enforce this by way of execution against the debtor’s goods, then it must be transferred up to the High Court for enforcement. This will be undertaken by a High Court Enforcement Officer.

An important development is that smaller claims (£600 and above) in the County Court, known as County Court Judgments (CCJs), are increasingly also being transferred up to the High Court for enforcement. This is owing to:
a) The High Court Enforcement Officer greater powers.
b) Unlike County Court Bailiffs, HCEOs also work within a private company and are paid on results – based on the amount that is collected.

• Thanks 1

You may wish to wait a week and see if this Solicitors letter carry's any weight its pointless executing the judgment immediately if there is a threat of application to set a side....if they were to get a set a side (which I very much doubt) it would take precedent over your execution.

Ok.   Will the court give me the chance to prove she sent fake details to prevent service? 
should I contest it immediately so they do not even overturn it or wait for court contact? 
what is the point of making orders of someone can suddenly realise they are in trouble after an order with no engagement prior and have it stopped? 
should I contest niw or wait ? 
regards 

lesley 

You sit tight and see if their threat transpires..if they make an application the court will send you a copy of their application (n244) and evidence/statement in support of their application. You can then submit your own statement in response (within 7 days of the notified hearing date) with objections and evidence as to why the court should dismiss their application.

Lets see what transpires I'm sure it will be smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lesley A said:

Does a charge not force her to with pay or sell to pay? It  just sits there until sale?

dont go for a charging order as it would only be a restriction k and useless to you even upon sale.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I have an update.  The breeders solicitor contacted me again today attaching a consent order for me to stay it for 28 days.

You may remember they claimed no service but clarified how many times i checked the info she gave me with her and i then alleged she had given spurious details deliberately to avoid service.

They approach today stating she was not intending to provide incorrect details - she is dyslexic. I pointed out that she was not dyslexic when she opted to text rather than call. Nor when she wrote she wanted  court resolution, that dyslexics are able to copy from screens and given the gravity of the situation she would have asked for spousal support if dyslexic and writing important texts.

I also highlighted she had received docs by me by recorded delivery as they claim she has had no time to consider the options given no claim form was received. 

i have reminded them of the 8 month convos by text, recorded delivery evidence of the notification of the claim and her following refusal to accept recorded deliveries for service. 

i have refused  their requests stating HCEO will commence this friday and if they thought they could overturn it, we would not be discussing this now.

Regards

Lesley

so..... if they thought they could overturn, they would have  - right?

She hates spending money so she obvs left solicitor involvement for advise throughout until the day she got the order so knew she had no choice.

He must have warned her she has little chance and that further costs will apply of she loses??

I am wandering if I have sat tight for long enough as they would have made that emergency order to overturn last week surely/

I cannot imagine they would write to me with requests for delays if they thought they could get it overturned.

Is clear from the things her rep has said that she is not telling him the truth. As i provide more info, their stance changes based on the info i provide them.

I have suggested he pushes for a truthful heart to heart with his client as he is not getting so at the Mo.

She was not dyslexic when she saw the notification of the claim received by signed for delivery then refuse all other recorded delivery mail as the notification informed her to expect it - my mistake but you live and learn and it has actually worked in my favour

I suggest that you respond:

Dear XXX

Your reference XXX

I have received your request for consent to a stay of the claim.

I'm not prepared to agree to this and you will have to go to the court and asked the judge.
I can tell you now that I will be opposing this. I have ample evidence in the form of messages from your client which show the your client was completely aware of the action – both as a result of the letter of claim and eventually the papers which were duly served upon her.

You say that your client is dyslexic. There has never been any evidence of this before – but if that truly is the case then I will certainly be asking the court to require evidence of this and secondly to require an explanation as to how this has managed to prevent your client from knowing the existence of the action and dealing with it correctly.

If you want you can start off by sending me copies of that evidence but I am unlikely to change my mind.

Signed

I have been through all your previous posts so I hope that what I have suggested above generally speaking is correct in terms of the references to correspondence et cetera.

Modify it as you wish and post your modified version here. Try to keep it brief and to the point – not too much narrative. They aren't interested in narrative. Keep it businesslike and pragmatic.

Of course you don't have to send the suggested response at all if you don't want

• Like 1

Many thanks for that template.

As mentioned above, I had already replied saying much the same thing so your response confirms my own - thank you. Following last weeks advice that these orders are rarely overturned, I just stuck to my guns.

It was clear they did not  know the facts though so i did add detailed examples of where she proved she certainly did not show signs of dyslexia in detailed, well punctuated texts but neither did she ask for verbal communication because of it.

In the legal world this may be classed as narrative but i thought the more accurate evidence i can give them that she is not telling the whole truth means they advise her sooner to pay and not encourage this kind of nonsense because they do not really know the facts - but point taken and lesson learned.

i did not think to ask for evidence of the dyslexia or how that impacts her understanding - she is in partnership with her husband who made all the decisions on the purchase day so is fully aware of this action - their LAO has been visiting since i reported her too.

given my response was a little detailed, i have not uploaded it

on this occasion. 

I may as well start the HCEO action as they clearly would have applied to court last week if they thought they could win - do you think?

17 hours ago, Lesley A said:

I have an update.  The breeders solicitor contacted me again today attaching a consent order for me to stay it for 28 days.

Stay the execution (which you have yet to start) not the claim, you have a default judgment that cant be stayed.

No set a side application then ? :classic_biggrin:

Andy

Hi.
Well I have not anything from the courts about it being overturned.  
I have refused to sign their request to wait for 28 days so I am going to iniate thd HCEO.  
uf they thought they could stop it or reverse it or delay it - they would have done so.  
They would not be asking me for more time !!! As advised I have waited to begin the HCEO and informed them she has until tomorrow - 7 days post deadline.  

• Like 1

Hi. 
I am trying to initiate the HCEO.  Can anyone help with the form please   

I am stuck on the N293a form. 
In the right sided box in section 1-  I have no separate ref numbers for claimant or defendant - leave blank or N/A or re enter claim number? 
part 1: there’s a box on the far right below the claim number section. Do I enter anything into the ‘ I intend  to enforce the judgement or order by execution …. … In the High Court and require this certificate for this purpose’.  What purpose? Settlement of order ok? 
section 3 - is that for me to complete? 
County Court Claim Number - is that ‘The Claim’  number.  
I do not have a high court enforcement number? Does that follow? Do I leave it blank ? 
top right hand corner, 2nd line:  To “?????’ Or ‘??????’  
against ??? The breeder? 
section A - does bailiff add costs there or my costs ( Iv paid £75 for the HCEO - Just enter that?). 
section B - I’d that the interest only amount awarded by the court? 
Section C - Possession of …. What- the total amount entered there? Plus my £75?
Now, section C address for service - is that the breeders address or the address I gave for service which is their argument for invalid initial service or the ‘correct address’ she claims it should have gone to. 
it’s always the forms that get me.  

38 minutes ago, Lesley A said:

Hi. 
I am trying to initiate the HCEO.  Can anyone help with the form please   

I am stuck on the N293a form. 
In the right sided box in section 1-  I have no separate ref numbers for claimant or defendant - leave blank or N/A or re enter claim number? N/A
part 1: there’s a box on the far right below the claim number section. Do I enter anything into the ‘ I intend  to enforce the judgement or order by execution …. … In the High Court and require this certificate for this purpose’.  What purpose? Settlement of order ok? 
section 3 - is that for me to complete?  Tick Writ of Control and sign
County Court Claim Number - is that ‘The Claim’  number.  Yes
I do not have a high court enforcement number? Does that follow? Do I leave it blank ?  Yes
top right hand corner, 2nd line:  To “?????’ Or ‘??????’  Leave blank
against ??? The breeder?  Yes
section A - does bailiff add costs there or my costs ( Iv paid £75 for the HCEO - Just enter that?). Your costs inc fee for HCEO
section B - I’d that the interest only amount awarded by the court? Yes 8% on the total
Section C - Possession of …. What- the total amount entered there? Plus my £75? Yes
Now, section C address for service - is that the breeders address or the address I gave for service which is their argument for invalid initial service or the ‘correct address’ she claims it should have gone to. Yes
it’s always the forms that get me.  

• Like 1