Oven not fit for purpose?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I have a Hotpoint built in double oven, which I purchased nearly 4 years ago.

In that time it has broken down 5 times, three of those being the grill element blowing out and the other two the main oven has blown.

I pay for cover to D&G, who have always sent out an engineer fairly swiftly to repair it, but I'm now seriously pi**ed off with the bloody thing constantly breaking down.

It went again last Friday (main oven) and the engineer is coming today, but I don't see why I should constantly be inconvenienced being without a working oven.

Can I claim this to be unfit for purpose due to the amount of times its broken?

Thanks for any advice

Lisa

1 hour ago, whitelist said:

Have you looked into how much it will cost in replacing the built-in oven?

They cost around £350 to buy.

1 hour ago, whitelist said:

Have you looked into how much it will cost in replacing the built-in oven?

I'm also slightly peeved that I'm having to pay for D&G cover just to keep the thing going. Surely something which has been faulty so many times isn't my responsibility to pay for?

• Like 1

Ask yourself if demanding a new replacement after four years of wear and tear is reasonable put against the cost of replacement?

The Warranty provider does not consider the product to be beyond economical repair and sends an engineer to fix the appliance at no cost to you. It is your own decision to purchase that extended warranty.

Pay for an expert opinion to pursue any claim as well. How much will that cost against your warranty premium and own time to pursue any claim?

Not saying you do not have a claim but will be down to a judge to decide, but?

Please can you give us a chronology of the breakdowns from the time of purchase in bullet pointed form