Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Is there any left after all the money shunted to VIPals and Tory shires and Hamlets?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Yes I think Sunak does care, but only about proving he can lead the Tories into the next election. It is purely about Sunaks survival, rather than any plans he has to enable the UK economy to grow.

The signs are that the current UK Government wants to have lower labour wage rates than economies we are competing against and reduced employment rights. The bonfire of EU related regulations that are built into UK legislation is purely taking rights away from people. They say the Government will replace with British rights, but I bet they offer less protection to people against anyone treating them unfairly in workplaces etc.

In a HoC select Committee a Government minister admitted that the cost of the rail industrial dispute has cost a lot more so far, than it would have cost to meet the Unions pay demands. But the Government have chosen to take on the Union for two reasons. They don't want a pay deal to then be used by other Unions in other parts of public services to justify similar level wage rises and they want the Unions to accept changes such as driver only trains, reduced workforce numbers to include less people carrying out safety inspections of railway lines by using technology etc. 

I am a TU rep and face going on strike for a first day soon, because the Government have decided they won't negotiate on pay until the next round of pay negotiations is due. In July 2022 we were awarded 2% pay rise which was well below inflation and next pay award would not be due until July 2023. Some of my Civil Service Colleagues on a lower grade will from April 2023 be on an hour pay rate that will be below the new national minimum wage rate. And so far Government have not promised to increase rate to new minimum from April, so Government complies with own law.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I agree with you, UB. Sunak seems to be thinking only as far as the next election and seems to be hemmed in by various factions that he's trying to keep happy.

The ERG will never be happy, of course, and will always push for more and then there's the new Truss faction whose name I forget, going on about 'growth' and her failed policies. I guess in her place I'd want a legacy that wasn't just crashing the bond markets andcosting the country a fortune.

I think the bonfire of regulations is going to be a disaster, especially if the sunset clause is kept as the end of this year. Yet again it's an ERG over-simplified approach to a complex and time-consuming issue, let's purge the word Europe from the statute book and while we're at it we can disempower the workers.

Public sector workers have had a tough decade or more, starting with Cameron and Osborne's austerity. It was an easy option for saving money to freeze their salaries or award stingy increases because the workers seemed to go along with it for a while.

Illegitimi non carborundum

How long can the government hang on? The weekend papers are full of sleaze stories and Times journos seem to be uncovering all sorts of stuff about Johnson and Zahawi.

'When I said Nadhim Zahawi owed the tax man, he set his lawyers on me. Now he's handed over millions.' Other people have started publishing letters they were sent by Zahawi's lawyers.

ARCHIVE.PH

• Thanks 1

Just a stream of self-serving and cheating the public.

Seems quite inescapable to me that the current Tory leadership and most of the government of liars, criminals and shysters

(there are undoubtedly some relatively honest tory MPs .. somewhere)

and they are now stepping up shrinking the waiting NHS lists by charging for appointments

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Government will hang on for as long as it takes for scores of Tory MP's to realise that for their own sense of personal integrity that they cannot continue as Tory MP's.  When a Government party is in the current state, some should start crossing the floor of the HoC to join other parties or become independents.

But I very much doubt we will see many doing this, as I don't think they have the courage required. Instead what they are doing is saying that they won't stand for re-election when a general election is called.

I have come to the conclusion that there is a level of behaviour now that 20/30 years ago would have been seen as corruption and every newspaper would have been putting pressure on for action to be taken. But now we have a Trump/Brexit era where politics has become a game played with very little integrity and some newspapers have such a vested interest in the game, that they don't really challenge how their favoured politicians are behaving.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

9 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Government will hang on for as long as it takes for scores of Tory MP's to realise that for their own sense of personal integrity that they cannot continue as Tory MP's.

Deluded.

* Dont feed British kids vote

* Support Patterson corruption vote

- Theres 2 of many for starters which define them all as ****

they will find their 'integrity' when the next corrupt ****** manages to oust Sunack and their 'integrity' requires them to shoo in a replacement

- thats the extent of their integrity

The Tory Legacy

Bet machinations are already in progress to shift senior scumbags politicians to safe seats, with another vast raft of peerages to pay the current holders off

The Tory Legacy

48 years yet to realise any benefits according to smogg isnt it?

Didn't put that on the side of a bus did they ?

The Tory Legacy

Javid has investments in private healthcare.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

They want a more privately funded healthcare system. It wouldn’t just be unfair, it makes no economic sense, says former prime minister Gordon...

How long do we give Zahawi now? The way it's looking this morning two weeks is sounding generous.

Meanwhile Richard Sharp has asked the Beeb to review whether he had a conflict of interest when he applied for the job. Johnson says it's all nonsense about Sharp helping to fix the loan facility of £800,000.

• I agree 1

Imagine me trying to sack Nadhim Zahawi for avoiding £3million in tax when my wife avoided £20million.
No, I can’t either.
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

On 21/01/2023 at 06:10, honeybee13 said:
WWW.HUFFINGTONPOST.CO.UK

Presenter Fiona Bruce pushes Will Quince on annual increases in the health budget under Labour that have since fallen significantly.

Poopulist overhead muttering:

We've spent billions more on the NHS - look at how much we spent on trace a test and Chinese and Turkish 'PPE' for the NHS  ... through our carefully selected pals and doners alibaba accounts

Billions and Billions and Billions

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The Treasury let UK lawyers help a Russian who was sanctioned to sue an investigative journo.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Documents seen by Open Democracy show UK firm got approval to engage with Wagner group founder Yevgeny Prigozhin

From what I see of investment and international trade figures

The world has put the UK 'on hold' to see if it returns to some form of democratic and fiscal rationality

- and thats not force the masses into poverty and make 25 more millionaires by maxing out the UK taxpayers credit cards

The Tory Legacy

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Today's poll in the Times is 'Will Nadhim Zahawi keep his job?'.

Yes 3%

No 97%

Meanwhile the Raab enquiry is now dealing with complaints that have gone from eight people to 24 and some are estimating 30. Report expected to be out in a few weeks.

The Zahawi report could be 10 days, I imagine no10 don't want them too close together.

How many kelptoselfservative Mp/Ministers is that who should be gone from public office let alone a senior UK position?

Including Lords 'payoffs' already arranged - probably dozens

They dont care - they are just wondering if disenfranchising a million UK voters via selective pictorial ID requirements is enough to keep them from being utterly trounced in the locals a few months

I think they'll need to come up with some sweeteners - even for their 'natural' voters.

The Tory Legacy

Breaking News

Nadhim Zahawi has been has been outed as one of @theoldrouge's secret rulers of the world, and whos true identity has been revealed as Darth Vaders really evil cousin Tacksi

His supporter is unreliably rumored to have said 'I worship the ground he slithers over and pray the dark side of the farce is with you always.

The sight of his true form as Tacksi Vader is rumored to drive all to whom it is revealed very very mad

The Tory Legacy