Default removal - spoogewhale vs HSBC

spoogewhale
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Not too sure where to go with this, so will start with a background into my dealings with HSBC.

Back in 2003 when I graduated from Uni I had a HSBC student account and credit card. I was £2000 into my overdraft with the stident account and had £750 on the credit card.

Upon graduation I did not make any payments into the HSBC account (as was looking for a job!) and they closed the account and Credit Card, demanded all the money back and put a default against both. This was within 1 month of graduating. After a quick chat to my parents this was paid off, and both were settled 3 years ago.

Apart from these two items I have a perfect credit record, and am desperate to get these off due to difficulties getting loans/mortgage.

When they defaulted my account they also charged me £120 for going over my £2000 limit, which I am looking to claim back.

My question really, is whether or not I have nay chance of getting these deafults removed, and if so what is the best way to go about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Spooge

if you file your claim for the penalty charges (maybe you have a few more over the last six years) add the fact the defaults were based on these charges and you want them removed. include it in your particulars of claim when you file your court claim, and they will remove them for you.

i did this with natwest and it worked, default and debt free me!.

they do tend to ignore the issue as it's not standard yet, they just seem to see its a penalty charges thing and make an offer so you will need to remind them every step of the way. but it does work!

let us know how you get on.

I have been trying various ways to remove a HSBC default for the last twelve months and have gotten nowhere through the customer service and complaints channels. I have decided to use the SURLYBONDS template, modified a little and will see how this works.

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

• 1 month later...

This is my EXACT situation also, minus the credit card bit.

I too got no where via asking nicely through customer service, all i got was standard 'were responsible lenders, we share your information for 6 years blahblah'

I am also pursuing now via SB's template letter also.

Best of luck

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Your not alone neither. My situation is similar - they defaulted my card while having charges on my Current Account.

If i dont get them removed through charge claims, i'll be following the SB route, too. Please keep us updated and Good luck!

Regards

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.