Babyjaine vs Barclays

babyjaine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, only just got organised enough to begin the process of claiming my charges back!:confused: I have to say I am totally Sh*****g myself.

I have used the excel sheet to work out what I have been charged, is this the form I send with the letter to request charges (without the interest column)? I would appreciate any advice given as I want to do this right!!

Thanx

Jaine

Hi Babyjaine,

If you know all the charges that you have received then you just send the prelim letter out requesting a refund of all the charges, enclosing a copy of the spreadsheet without the interest added (just hide the columns showing the interest).

If you do not have all the charges available you send off the SAR letter to get copy statements enclosing the £10 fee.

Does that make any sense?

Regards

Laineybelle

hi laineybelle,

thanks for the reply.

Yes that helps loads. I am now ready to send the letter off to request the refund of charges as I know how much they have taken.

I'll post when I hear.

Cheers:)

babyjaine

Don't forget to include the schedule and hide the interest columns at this stage but you may need them later.

I have filed my N1 at the local court today so can't wait to see what happens next.

It is very positive on this site and a lot of people seem to be getting their pay outs at the moment, wish I'd started earlier now!!! could have had money in our account by Christmas if I had. Never mind I wasn't going to accept their pittance of an offer before. I want it all.............and I want it now!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Laineybelle

Good Luck Laineybelle with your next step. I agree totally...I definately will not accept anything but the full amount. I can't believe I have waited 'til now. Oh well better late than never.:-)

Good luck and don't forget to post back when you hear anything.

best wishes

babyjaine

Can anyone clear up a query for me?

On the Request for payment letter, do you delete the interest rate info from the section entitled: What I require, as this interest amount is not included in the schedule.

Thanks

babyjaine

Hi Babyjaine,

No one else replied to you as yet and I don't really know much.

I can't even remember that bit in the letter (i blame my children!!). I think if its already in the prelim letter then it must need to be included. I think it may be that it needs mentioning that you will claim but not actually give figures as yet (not including on schedule of charges). Hope it helps although not sure if it has.

Laineybelle

If you're claiming statutory interest, this is only claimed at the court stage. If you're keen on claiming contractual interest then this is included from the start. Have a read of my thread for further info on those if I've confused you, or use the search facility.

• 1 month later...

Time is now up and I did not receive a reply to my letter rejecting their offer of a thousand pounds. Can anyone tell me what my next step is? I am searching through the instructions. Do I need to register with HMCS online or is there something else I have to do first. I am definately having a blonde moment!

Thanks in advance

Hi babyjaine,

If you have sent your LBA and the 14 days have passed that you gave them then don't wait any longer, start that claim!!

You either have the option of HMCS online or registering your claim with your local court. Both work so don't hold back any longer.

I have my AQ in front of me which I am just reading up on all the threads to digest all the info before filling out.

Nearly at the top, hopefully.

Keep in touch

Laineybelle

• 1 month later...

update on my claim - didn't realise I'd been out of loop for so long!

anyway just received allocation questionnaire to fill in - I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Posted AQ and have now recieved my court date for 11 July, when should I contact Barclays to agree a settlement - or will they contact me first? Is there a specific number or person to contact? I have read a couple of threads and know that sooner or later I will recieve my full amount.

Any help or advice would be very welcoming.

Babyjaine