Arrow/NCO - old Vaniquis Card Debt - New wrongly dated default! **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes 

Should have done that from day one!!

Stop panicking about nothing.

Really this all run of the mill crap.

All as a consumer with poss debts you always must ensure your debt owners have your correct and current address to protect against backdoor CCJ's, which most will go for as it's an easy default judgment.

If you have issues with a debt, don't waste months or years playing silly letter tennis with a debt buyer, get the true info from the OC by an SAR 

You have to remember you are simply one line in a spreadsheet of purchase debts. The DCA gets no paperwork and simply relies upon fear and an automated system to scam people. 85% cough up thinking a DCA is a bailiff!!.

Dx

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's the problem though with people who in a similar positions - we automatically assume that these bought debts could lead to if not adhere to and paid in full or as part of a repayment plan the possibility of it escalating to having a CCJ registered against oneself, where you are then forced to pay and then worst still bailiffs turning up at the door looking to take away ones possessions.

This is what worries most I guess....

Yeh you're right and this is solely what they rely upon - fear. Just like the TV programming has you programmed to believe. DCA's are not bailiffs, another lie pushed out there to keep this industry going, have a read of dx's signature :)

They can, and do, progress to CCJ's BUT only if not defended.

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service

you are seriously overthinking ALL of this at every stage.

bailiffs can do stuff and all even if a creditor gets a CCJ (fat chance if defended properly) 

debt is not a crime

debt is not illegal.

a CCJ on a consumer credit debt holds NO right of forced entry , stop watch silly TV programs.!!

those are not COURT bailiffs , they are a private Bailiffs Company of High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEO's) , never appointed by a county court over a debt regulated by the consumer credit act.

please!!

stop panicking and over thinking everything to the enth's degree.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've just checked and Arrow Global have added a NEW account to my credit report .. I'm getting well annoyed now... How can they do this ?

What do you make of the attached?

Like I said, they warned me in the last correspondence that they would add a default to my credit report.. They can't surely add a new account out of the blue and flag that as a default? This is clearly their intention. In fact, how dare they add my account to my credit report. I don't have an agreement with them, this is clearly unlawful ?

To be honest, I don't think that they can add a new account to my credit report out of the blue can they ??

I'm will to be speaking to the credit reference agencies as this is well out of order but I wanted to run this by you guys especially DX this evening as I've just stumbled across this just now. Credit score on Experian has shot down by 160 points.

This has caused me to really get stressed :( 

I stumbled across this:

Also, if a debt buyer can't sue you on an old debt, it might try other ways to get you to pay.

One common collection technique is to "park" your old debt on your credit report; it quietly reports an old debt as new on your credit report. This is also called "re-aging" a debt.

If you discover that an old debt has reappeared on your credit report as a new account or contains inaccurate information about its age or status, it might be because a debt buyer parked the debt on your report or re-aged the status of your debt. These debt collection practices might be illegal.

CRA File.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
dont use docx use PDF converted for you!!

Its not really a new account but a change of name to your Vanquis account......but they can only do this if it is still within the 6 years and they cant alter the initial default date. Now that Arrow have added it the same agreement under Vanquis should disappear......or may show for a short time ...but its still the same agreement even though listed twice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yeah I don't understand it as I've obtained my reports and no trace of an original debt with vanquis so how can these guys add it and from now? Surely it should be back dated when vanquis sold them the debt right? 

I know for sure they will add the debt to my report which will appear in June and it will then be flagged with a default. Surely this illegal man. 

If anyone was going to flag a default it should have been vanquis when they sold they debt to these plebs.

Man, I can't express how annoyed I am right about now

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

That would depend on whether Vanquis ever actually notified your credit agencies....check your notice of assignment date and Vanquis default notice date (if you have it) as stated as long as its within 6 years of the original default date its quiet normal ...if the default date is over 6 years then it should not be registered by Arrow G and should be removed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

In fact these guys shouldn't be adding default markers to my account. If you read thought the thread  DX states the following

"

as for your continued bumbling's about this 'default'

i've already carefully explained it once here but i'll do it again as it's not sunk in.

the debt owner can default you - meaning adding a D to the monthly report. (which only you and they can see anyway)

that is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from issuing a default notice letter under the consumer credit act sec 87/88 etc. that then gives the OC the OPTION to register a defaulted date in the debt summary line on your credit file that all can see. 

ONLY the original creditor can do that, a debt buyer cannot in 99% of cases.

the DCA have said nowt about issuing a default notice....it's all hot air and pointless as the debt isn't showing anyway for whatever reason.

which probably means the OC did issue a default notice more than 6yrs ago so the debt vanishes on the DN's 6th B'day, never to return. but that does NOT mean it's not still owed."

Above DX states "the DCA have said nowt about issuing a default notice....it's all hot air and pointless"

But the DCA did state they have added a default to my account. It was in the letter they sent me on the 19/04/22 in the bundle I attached previously!

In that letter it said words to the affect of Please note, a default has now been registered with the credit reference Agencies

Now all of a sudden I'm seeing new a new entry which hasn't been published yet on my credit report

1 hour ago, Andyorch said:

That would depend on whether Vanquis ever actually notified your credit agencies....check your notice of assignment date and Vanquis default notice date (if you have it) as stated as long as its within 6 years of the original default date its quiet normal ...if the default date is over 6 years then it should not be registered by Arrow G and should be removed.

Notice of assignment date is from Arrow Global is 4th Nov 2019. 

Still don't make sense to me man as surely it should be the OC who marks my account with a default. 

Also above you state the vanquis default date. That's the thing.. Vanquis never added a default to my account so how can these plebs create a new account all of a sudden years later just because I disputed the account and stopped paying them £1 per month! Doesn't make sense

However thanks and appreciate the reply to my post, especially at this time of night :)

I'm still waiting on the SAR to come back from vanquis too...

So what date did you default with vanquis and what date did you start paying £1 pm ?

That's what I've been saying from the beginning of this post - I was NEVER ever issued with a default with vanquis ever.

It was never on my credit reports never in which I recently obtained again from Equifax, Experian & Transunion. No trace of Vanquis or NCO/Arrow Global.

I can't even remember how long the £1 token payments have been going out to NCO. However, I stopped making payments back in Oct 2021 when I first obtained credit reports to check on the status of things generally and I noticed that there was no trace of Vanquis so who the hell and why was I paying these NCO group who alleged bought the debt. So I stopped those payments.

I've explained all this and I stressed on here about the threat from NCO about the default which I received in the letter on the 19/04/21. The PDF is here you can clearly see it, in fact I think I posted it on page one as well before I uploaded a complete bundle of correspondence.

NO default was ever registered from vanquis so what gives these guys the right to now out the blue to register this on my credit file especially when they state in recent correspondence that the account will be placed on hold. Serious violation has taken place.

1 hour ago, Andyorch said:

Its not really a new account but a change of name to your Vanquis account......but they can only do this if it is still within the 6 years and they cant alter the initial default date. Now that Arrow have added it the same agreement under Vanquis should disappear......or may show for a short time ...but its still the same agreement even though listed twice.

Why you say can't after the initial default date. There is no initial default date. so how the hell does that work.. 

it's a mess and in the morning I will be calling the FCA to lodge a complaint and I'll speak to the credit reference agencies and dispute the entry.

How dare these people do this especially in light of the face that I have received a letter from NCO stating the disputed account will be placed on hold for X amount of time and then they pull a stunt like this whilst that hold of the account is in place..

Also I have no agreement with NCO or Arrow Global. If there was an agreement and I say was.. It would have been with Vanquis not NCO/Arrow.

But if you look though the post you'll see that even DX thinks the T&C received from arrow looks a bit dodgy which is why I've SAR'ed Vanquis!

Slow down a bit, I can see how this is frustrating but let's discuss facts and it will be figured out..

13 minutes ago, SardoN said:

back in Oct 2021 when I first obtained credit reports

Have you ever accessed your credit report before Oct 21? if so, when was that?

Wait for the SAR from Vanquis also, unless they have responded yet? you did send it right?

Edited by Badtimes123
SAR Question

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I did it was 27-09-21 but only from Experian and again no trace of Vanquis 

And just to let you know that i recently obtained reports from Equifax and TransUnion on the 26/04/22 and Experian on the 27/04/22

Ok did you ever access it before 2021?

Wait for the SAR from Vanquis also, unless they have responded yet? you did send it right?

Edited by Badtimes123
Repeat SAR question

Just found another old credit report from 2017 from Equifax .. again nothing.

Why do you ask ?

I'm ever so confused, but i'm defo calling up FCA & Credit reference agencies in the morning.. There is no way i'm letting NCO get away with this foul play. I think this is illegal. I'm going to find out tomorrow for sure from the horses mouth

There's no rush

Have Vanquis replied to the SAR? you did send it didn't you?

I'm going to double post because I don't want an edit to be missed again again and I need to go bed..

You state you were never aware of a Vanquis debt, we must wait for the SAR, THEN you can absolutely slap the DCA around with it.. forget about them for now.

In post #13 you said:

"the original debt was sold and that it was down to the discretion of eVanquis to add the default and they guy said they were not obliged to thus they didn't "

So maybe that is what happened here.. not sure how lawful or not that is, but it's certainly looking like this..

Holy smoke.. Badtimes it's you.. I'm rushing replying to these messages and I thought you were the other person Andyorch who has just jumped into the thread.

Listen, what's going on isn't normal and there is no way I'm prepared for my credit report to be tainted by NCO with foul play antics. No chance.

I did SAR vanquis signed for on the 24th just the other day. I posted it 1st class, signed for.

Look if this is a genuine debt then Vanquis should have put something on my credit file and back in 2019 now marked now by NCO and what in June 2022.. NO chance.. The way in which this entire thing has been dealt with is really shady and not only am I upset but the fact they told me in a letter it would be placed on hold I'm sure for 30 days and then they bust this move is not acceptable.

Look in my binder.pdf I sent across containing everything., Look at the letter dated 23rd March 2022 which was in response to my FMOTL .. They state account will be placed on hold.

Then without any new developments whilst they are still trying to obtain documents from Vanquis on the 19/04 they threat with the default in that letter.

Then on the 22nd April they sent another letter apologising that they have been unable to obtain the documents yet .

17th May they come back with some bogus evidence.

I'm not taking.. I can't wait until the morning until I call the FCA and all the credit reference agencies to expose these fools trying an alternative way to extort me for money which I may not even owe to being with.

Go to bed man. I'm going to bed as well.. 💤

Right, I see dx is here now too, and just so you know, Andy is light years ahead of me and it's not even close!

I'm just trying to ask the easy questions so the knowledgeable guys have the answers when they arrive

Okay look go to bed and sleep on this......I will try to explain in the morning the difference in you defaulting (breaching the agreement that's you not paying Vanquis the full contractual amount every month ) and you not receiving a default notice and if you didn't default or breach the contract why was you paying £1 pm and why did Vanquis sell the account to Arrow .

Dont reply to this just think about it and we can resume when you post tomorrow.

Andy

• I agree 1

On 12/02/2022 at 15:49, SardoN said:

I started making token payments because I attended a debt meeting with my local CAB in relation to my outstanding debts

ruddy scammed by CAB thats why token payments were made after arrows bought the debt.

debt is not a crime so nothing arrows have done is illegal. poss unlawful or unfair, but you don't know and don't have the info to start firing off silly complaints everywhere hoping something sticks.

await the SAR then you will have the evidence or not from the horses mouth Vanquis THEN we can deal with it..

slowly slowly catchy monkey.

it having very little effect on your file, and will be removed once we prove arrows wrong.

and please stop panicking and going over the top. 

i'd also stick to reading here rather than finding silly comment like its illegal from elsewhere, such info only makes you look a fool if you fire your bullets too early. the fca are not there to be interested in personal complaints either, as i said earlier the ICO are the target but with proof...WAIT FOR IT.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hello again 

Hope you are all keeping well.

OK we have new developments;

First one is that Arrow Global went ahead and added a default to my credit file (which I was worried about all along) which I can only presume has been spread to all credit report agencies - I have attached snippet here

- The impact I don't think is that serious but my score tanked around 80 points or so.

Second: The SAR from Vanquis, I received it in today's post.

So what are my next steps from here? 

I haven't heard from NCO/Arrow so far, but I'm sure that their letters demanding settlement will start flooding in soon because the 30 day "hold" has now lapsed.

Just a quick one regarding the SAR, there is no included credit agreement like the one that Arrow/NCO sent, they've included the following:

• Key to abbreviations (2 pages worth of acronyms)
  • Customer base view with some very detailed and personal information pertaining to myself
  • Statement balances dated back to Aug 2014 (I crossed referenced these with the ones received from NCO/Arrow and they seem to tally up)
  • Customer SMS records going again back to 2014

That's the entire SAR total of 42 pages  - I found it very strange that they did not include a CCA or the same CCA that Arrow sent me which was signed etc.

Regards

SN

default_snippet.docx

Edited by SardoN
Forgot to include snippet of Default

try not to use docx

all your pers details are in file properties/info.

dx

and they

so you haven't read our upload guide?

dx

and they