Caught using freedom pass 1 time only - **settled OOC + warning letter**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve been struggling to find a contact number or email. Who am I meant to be contacting? And what are good things for me to say? 

I’ve been looking through threads but I’m also struggling to find templates of letters written to tfl after receiving an SJP notice. 

could you please help me with this? 

I’ve called TFL’s prosecution line but they’re only open mon-fri 4pm. So I have to wait until Monday, is it worth drafting an email in the meantime and sending it to them? 

Until 4pm sorry. That was a mistake 

its on the 1st TfL letter.

the begging letters after SJP summons are no diff to those begging letter sent before then like your one.

in almost all threads here.

they are not or are there any 'templates' each personal situation is different, but if you look at a few, they cover a few basic things its worthy to mention.

yours is only one use, you should easy get an OOC

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On the day of what?

SJP would mean the case being heard “on the papers”, so the OP wouldn’t know what day it was being processed, and no prosecutor would be there to ask, unless the OP declines it being dealt with under SJP.

5 hours ago, dx100uk said:

yes pester tfl like mad for an OOC even on the day.

plenty of like threads here to read

dx

Dx said “on the day”

on the day applies if you go to court.

If you elect to have the case heard under the Single Justice Procedure (SJP), there is no court date. A Magistrate decides the outcome based on the case papers, no hearing date, no prosecutor present and you don’t attend.

https://www.gov.uk/single-justice-procedure-notices

Edited by BazzaS

you tick the boxes on the court form stating you wish to plead guilty and in person to show your personal remorse to the judge.

there are numerous threads here whereby this was done and happened, 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay, I haven’t filled out the form yet. Is it best to delay it or do it as soon as possible? 

Also, I haven’t been able to get a hold of IAP. Apparently they don’t have a contact number. Does anyone know how I can contact them through the phone? I’ve seen some threads where people were able to contact the prosecutors via phone. 

Why do you think delaying the form might help you?

I can't help with a phone number for the prosecutors and have noticed it seems to be getting harder to contact them. If it gets to court and you go along, though, you can still speak to the prosecutor on the day to ask for an OOC settlement.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

On 26/01/2022 at 16:34, Waterbottl said:

That one time I got caught is when I used the card 

If you only used it once then ooc should be easily be possible. They no longer use phones. Use the email on their letter..Inc you phone number they might well ring you. Have you sent a 2nd begging letter yet?

and they

I was thinking that if I delay signing the paper, it might mean I’ll have a later court date therefore more time to convince TFL to not prosecute. I’m not sure if this is logical but this is what I was thinking. 

Also, I’ve sent an email and letter by post today. I’m starting to get concerned that they haven’t received my first letter, so I took both routes as a precaution. If I don’t hear a response soon, I’ll be sending another letter with better grovelling. So far I haven’t lost hope yet. 

I’d like to thank you all again for your help through this. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Caught using freedom pass 1 time only

Hi, I received an email today from TFL stating that they are not persuaded that in my case there are any exceptional circumstances that would persuade them to discontinue a prosecution.

Namely that I didn’t provide any evidence for a criminal record affecting my career choice as a teacher and now I don’t know what to do. 

Provide the evidence.

Dx

and they

On 26/01/2022 at 17:10, Waterbottl said:

At the moment I’m looking into many different career prospects, such as tech, cybersecurity, even considering teaching. 

No one would ever get prosecuted if:

a) They accepted that prosecution would have a disproportionate effect,

b) for someone who MIGHT consider (let alone actually then CHOOSE) a career where a conviction might be a bar.

There is also an alternative viewpoint they might take : if your career choice is so dependant on a clear eDBS, then the answer isn’t to offend and then plead for mercy, but instead : don’t commit the offence.

So:

a) make it much more firm WHY you need a clear eDBS, and stress

b) it was a single occurrence, out of character.

This, of course, relies on your stated comment that this was a one-off, although the fact that you initially lied about your identity too won’t help you pleading your case.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi, I just wanted to give an update on my case. Thankfully, TFL have agreed to not continue a prosecution against me. I had to pay a small fine and sign a letter that I will not re-offend. The letter was a warning letter however it is not the same as a police warning, it is only stored on TFL databases. 

I had to send my mitigating circumstances on 3 separate occasions and because there’s no longer a direct phone line to speak to the prosecutor, I was emailing every other week requesting further information on my case and whether my new evidence had been reviewed. 

I believe this only worked out with prayers because they rejected my mitigating circumstances twice with more or less the same information. 

I would also like to thank everyone here for their support throughout this process. It has been a horrible journey to say the least 😅 I have definitely learnt my lesson. 

well done CAG.

glad to help.

please consider a donation to keep us here.

our advice is free

we dont get paid

but our hosters and servers cost us money

well done

DX

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Caught using freedom pass 1 time only - **settled OOC + warning letter**
  • 1 month later...