What % for my spreadsheet? missjoy vrs MBNA

missjoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks! I just got a printout of my statements today from MBNA! I need to know the answer to 2 questions :confused:

The first charge i am claiming for is from January 2001 & the last charge on the list is June 2006. Now, as there was nothing about interest on my sheets (i didnt get statements just a list of charges & transactions) i want to know at what % i will add the contractual interest to my spreadsheet of charges?? What is the norm folks?

Also, when i count up my charges alone without any interest & it comes to £2000, which is the most i can claim through a court in Northern Ireland.

When i add the charges it will for arguments sake be £3000. So i will write mbna a letter asking for £3000 back? I thought i couldnt claim the interest until it went to court?

Cheers folks, looking to get this sent off ASAP. MBNA have made my life hell at times & im looking for revenge :|

Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

HI

The percentage rate varies from card to card. The best thing to do would be to phone up MBNA customer services and ask them for the highest rate u have paid.(24.9 is a popular rate.)

If u have £2000 in charges you will pretty much double that figure if u add contractual interest which can be claimed from the begining of your claim.

Look up vampiress and in her signature is a link to vampiress chambers this will give u a range of spreadsheets so just choose one which suits u.

The interest your talking about is the s.69 interest which is added when filing a mcol. This interest is only 8% and as Mbna normally pay out at teh LBA stage this interest does not come into play.

Rob

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1

Thanks very much m8 for that reply! Thats great, would i add a telelphone number to my LBA incase they want to contact me?

Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

I wouldn't advice you giving them your phone number.

Try to keep everything in writing, that way you will have in black and white, all your evidence, should you need to go to court.

Good luck

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Hi

I would not add your phone number but what i would do is when the 14 day deadline has passed for your LBA then i would give them a ring. MBNA will pay you out before it gets to MCOL.

Number u need is the customer Advocate Office 01244 672628

Regards

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Cheers! Thanks very much! Does anyone know, even though MBNA are an English company i can still take them to a court in N Ireland & not have to go to a court in England? Cheers! Is there a template for my LBA im going to send them now?? Thanks folks :) Appreciated!

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hi Im not sure about which court you would go 2 but to be honest i dont think it will get to court as they will settle at the LBA stage.

Have you done a Prelim Letter? If not then you must do this before your LBA and you can find templates for both in the library.

Regards

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Thanks Rob m8! I was told that i could send a LBA straight away as they couldnt use the excuse that they didnt have enough warning anymore (must be with all the claims are putting in).

I think ill just send an LBA now & see how it goes. Thanks you VERY much for all your work & help :)

Franklin D. Roosevelt