style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went Bankrupt in May of this year and received my discharge last week.My wife an i had £47000 in unsecured debt,Usual story,wife had baby,stopped working living off one income, cannot meet minimum payments, Hammered by charges left,right and centre. No other option but to go bankrupt. We had looked at all options including iva, but if we missed payments on that we would still end up bankrupt.

we had a 51 plate Ford Focus worth about 3000 which we sold and bought a cheaper car for a £1000.the money was used to pay for the court and official receiver costs. In my interview i was informed that they would of let us keep the car as it was of no significant value.

All i say to you,if you have no assets and are honest with them you will have no bother.If you lie and try and hide things you may end up with a restriction order

i have nothing except the car, i am not trying to be dishonest or hide anything. my main concerns are seeing my children and that is it.

my youngest loves coming down to see me and staying, even if she is 15 :confused:

I dithered for nearly 2 years about what to do,being hassled all the time by creditors. I wish i had done it sooner. If the car is required for family purposes it is highly unlikely it will be sold.

As i mentioned earlier,i was told by the official receiver that they would not of touched the car as it was only worth £3000 and was needed for work,but we sold it to pay the bankruptcy costs and bought a replacement car