B n Q

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me here, or indeed if I can be helped lol.

We bought a kitchen from B & Q and have just had it delievered on Thursday. We had 3 days to call them if the delivery was short. The delivery was short...we were missing a couple of drawer fronts and some handles.

My partner called them to tell them and they said they'd send replacements out. However, they told him that we wouldn't get the replacements until May 20th! Not good enough! We paid 2 grand for a complete kitchen and we're fitting it this week. Surely we shouldn't have to wait 3 weeks for parts they should have sent in the first place?

Obviously I'm going to get on the phone to them first thing in the morning but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything in the law I can quote if they start to get arsey or refuse to send them straight away?

Any help gratefully received :o)

Karen

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me here, or indeed if I can be helped lol.

We bought a kitchen from B & Q and have just had it delievered on Thursday. We had 3 days to call them if the delivery was short. The delivery was short...we were missing a couple of drawer fronts and some handles.

My partner called them to tell them and they said they'd send replacements out. However, they told him that we wouldn't get the replacements until May 20th! Not good enough! We paid 2 grand for a complete kitchen and we're fitting it this week. Surely we shouldn't have to wait 3 weeks for parts they should have sent in the first place?

Obviously I'm going to get on the phone to them first thing in the morning but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything in the law I can quote if they start to get arsey or refuse to send them straight away?

Any help gratefully received :o)

Karen

B & Q have an integrated Computer system that checks stock levels at all branches across the country, now, most folk have at least 2 or 3 B &Qs within a fifteen mile radius, so get your local branch to run a check.

Most B& Q's keep a stock of odds and ends near the Kitchen Display Aisles that have things like drawer fronts and handles etc. It is always worth checking these even if you have to dig personally.

Also check the racking for the relevant handles. If you have a shortage that you have registered ,and the Customer Assistants can refer to, they will allow you to take it from the shelves to satisfy your order, just take your original docs with you.

I'm a self employed handyman and have done this several times to make up a customer's original order.

By the way, keep a screwdriver handy; the cupboard hinges are crap...

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

I work for a builders merchants who deal in both trade and diy and the service you have recieved is completely unnaceptable.

At the end of the day you shouldnt have to wait for their mistake, give them a reasonable date to get the parts to you the 20th of may is ridiculous.

If they cannot give you a reasonable date tell them to forget it, say you want to return the goods because they were not as described and you want a lorry to come out and collect the kitchen (even better if you paid by credit card because you can threaten to request your credit card company to withold payment) most managers wont want to miss out on a two grand sale-i certainly wouldnt.

Make sure you speak to the manager of the store, go above his head if he is not helping, ask him his regional directors contact details (essentially his boss) he wont like this either-all tips to swing things in your favour.

hope these help, regards Ross

Thanks to everyone who replied. I called them yesterday and basically they said there was nothing they could do. I threatened to cancel my order, I said I'd take it to OFT and everything but they wouldn't budge. I said I had a joiner coming out to fit the kitchen and would they be prepared to pay for him to come out again in a month?! They said 'write to our compensation dept' I asked for a number but he reckoned they didn't have 1. Obvious bollox and I told him so. He said to call my nearest branch and ask them if they had what I needed in stock. I said no YOU call them and call me back! Which he did but suprise they didn't have them in stock.

To be honest, I'm stumped. I couldnt have really cancelled the order coz most of it was assembled and the joiner I have coming is my retired dad so can't get an invoice for that either.

I'm so P*ssed at this. I'm not sure what I can do now. On the OFT website and the Trading standards website there's no info about this kinda thing so I don't know whether I can do anything about it.

Guest Lueeze

Try this?

B&Q plc

Portswood House

1 Hampshire Corporate Park

Chandlers Ford

Eastleigh

Hants

SO53 3YX

0800 3895516. Lines are open 8am–8pm weekdays, 8am–8pm Saturday and 10am–4pm Sunday.

God Luck!

Why can't you knock out an invoice on your pc or even a rudimentary contract for your dad agreeing to pay him a certain hourly price for his time. Even if there is no money exchanging hands B&Q won't know and your Dad will stand up and say it's Pukka Gen I'm sure. If you get a goodwill payment from the G*ts split it with your pa. They may even offer you B& Q vouchers, but they have an extensive range and there will always be something you'll need for the house.

If you don't want to use the invoice route, then write to their head office and leap frog the store completely, have a look at the B&Q website for registered offices and go directy to the top. Make a nuisance of yourself and they will soon give in. It is no skin off the nose of the guy who answers the phone at the local branch if he gives you the satisfaction you require, so stuff him. Threats to him about the OFT are water off a duck's back, regional or national level will take such threats more seriously. Just type in B & Q as a search string and have a ball, what have you got to lose?;)

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

Hi there,

I worked for B & Q for 5 years in one of their stores. I also bought a kitchen from them and had major issues with it. I know they tell you to ring the number on the delivery note if there's a problem but I know from experience that it's a waste of time. If you ordered your kitchen from your local branch, go back there and ask to speak to the highest member of management in store - it might be the store manager or duty manager. Make sure you hang around the checkouts so other customers can potentially hear your complaint. If you get stroppy with the person you speak to they probably won't help you so be calm and nice, even throw in a few tears, and they'll be far more likely to bend over backwards to sort your problems out. Try it and see what happens. If you still get nowhere pm me and I'll see what I can find out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for all your help everyone. Job sorted! I have everything for the kitchen now thanks to you all.

Only problem is the family now expect me to start cooking for them... Surely thats against the law???

Thanks again for your time and effort on my behalf

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks