Took them court.. But they're dragging it out. *HELP!*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took Halifax to court and last week they asked the court for a further 14 days, which takes us up to 28 days in total from they receiving my claim, which takes us up to Christmas Day!

It's really dragging out now, this has been going on since my first correspondence on September the 15th.

They have been awkward at every turn and when I sent the letter before action they ignored me, then on their last day before action I rang them and asked if they'd be getting back to me, they said that they would not, so the next day I filed my claim, then the day after I receive a letter dated the day I rang them(?!) offering me £150 and £180 for two a/c's (Total claim was originally £848, but with interest and costs it's now £1175.)

So I turned the offer down as I'd already started my claim for the full amount, they then write to me and say that they are sorry I turned their offer down and that they catagorically won't be paying my full amout... so hubby thinks that they are confident of winning court case, maybe that is why they filed a defence??

Any advice or hope offered, gratefully received.

And to top it all, paying out the court costs has left me so utterly skint and depressed.

Bradders. x

Please read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes/

They almost always file a defence and yet in every single case so far they have paid out.

You should welcome a defence as it means things are moving as they should and you will very soon receive your payment.

Don't be downhearted - you are now very close.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Bradders - it will be worth it very soon!

It's worrying me that I have to find £120 to take the case to court before I get any satisfaction, with Christmas looming and being out of work. I've already warned family that they'll not be getting anything just yet as I need the cash for the court case, they think I'm mad!

I'm a little behind you, in that I only posted the rejection of first offer today, but expect to be paying court fees in the week before Christmas is all goes to plan.

As for my family, after all their sniggering I may not get them anything when the claim is settled!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

If you are out of work & claiming a benefit: sick/unemployment/job seekers there might be others, worth checking, but you dont have to pay your court fees, you do need to take up to date proof that you are claiming a benefit.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks