Starting work, nervous of how UC's payments will work **RESOLVED**

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I sadly lost my job a while back, i reported it immediately to DWP as you are supposed to, but didn't realise at the time that the day I reported to them was the day before I was paid out for the last month. I was actually paid extra when I left as it was cheaper than redundancy fort the business and at the time it was a good financial move (so I thought).

I was paid on Fri 26th Jan, they paid me out 2 months in one go. I reported to DWP on the 22nd of Han that I was made unemployed, had the letters and evidence. As they spun the story, because of their assessment dates and that, my first payment was on the 1st May and reassured that it works the other way around. That when work starts again, if I don't actually receive money from the company during the assessment period, there wont be an issue as it balances up.

Can I believe this or was it another spun story? I'm concerned that as I'll be paid monthly, (Starting on the 15th paid on the last day of the month), assessment ends on the 22nd. That they'll take that money into consideration.

I'm just concerned due to the disparity it would cause between 4 odd months I endured with zero income because of how their system works and whatever they have in place to counter at this end of the claim.

it's just a wonder.

Cheers,

Ade

Ok this has been resolved as the DWP contacted me and answered all of my questions

To help others who need this info.

Your UC assessment is based on WHEN you receive payment NOT whether you worked during that period. If you're paid outside of the period, you wont be assessed on it. This is why my first payment took so long, but that offset at the beginning, although a pain turns out to be a helpful offset at the end of the claim.

• Thanks 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Starting work, nervous of how UC's payments will work **RESOLVED**

Sorry I forgot to add something. If your payment, falls outside an assesment period, and is made up of MORE than one wage payment, e.g. 2 months payment, the rules differ and I'd seek further advice on this.