Cabot/Mortimer claimform - old 2003 Lloyds Loan -stayed - Now n244 to lift stay-Summary Judgment

sxam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Difficult to say really ...you have to read and anticipate how the context goes and then counter..that's the art of arguing in litigation and why Barristers/Sols get big bucks. :classic_happy:

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Had the hearing yesterday, Judge lifted the bar and permitted the claimant to go for trial but told the claimant that original default notice must be provided as screenshots were not permitted and asked the original letter from Lloyds stating that Cabot was the Creditor. Now what shall I do?

So you have defeated their application to strike out/summary judgment...that's not an easy achievement so kudos there and the judge has concentrated on the default notice issue which is what  your statement intended.....tick box.......now its for the claimant to produce the original default notice and deed of assignment...reconstituted Deed Notice of Assignment they may overcome.....but getting the original default notice ?.....not a chance...but watch out or a recreated one. 

Well done....round 1.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes Andy, I am glad their application has been rejected, thanks to you all for great help.

What will be the next procedure? Just wait for the hearing date from court? 

Will I get copies of any extra exhibit (if any) from the claimant before the hearing? 

Claim will now move to allocation (parties file DQs) and the court will give directions re statement and disclosures.....or the court may dispense with allocation and just order that the claimant disclose the stated documents by x date and should they fail the claim will be struck out.....but lets see what transpires.

The Court will advise by General Order

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

Claim has now been allocated to the small claims track. Hearing due 4th October.

In reference to the attached, "case management" paragraph (11)

I haven't received any communication/document from the claimant by the mentioned date, 13th Sept. Do I still submit my documents by 27th.

I will be away on the hearing date, 4th October, can I request court to postponed the hearing?

As always, really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Small Claim Court.pdf

you need to tell the court the claimant has failed the judges orders  point 11 of date xxxx and have not provided their evidence the claim should be struck out.

what date is that NOA please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

now

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just type no need to keep hitting quote, makes a thread twice as long .

Why have you wasted more than a month to tell us!

Get onto the court now! 

Dx

and they

The claim should be struck out as per the judges order, that should be the end of it .

Did you get through to the court today?

Dx

and they

closed now.

no hurt ringing tomorrow.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Do I still submit my documents by 27th. Yes

I will be away on the hearing date, 4th October, can I request court to postponed the hearing?

No you attach a covering letter to your statement advising the court you will not be  in attendance pursuant to CPR 27.9 and serve a copy to the claimants along with your statement /docs.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part27#27.9

In the meantime keep your eye on that order and check i the claimant complies.

Andy

• Like 1

time to get scanning.

dx

and they

Received 118 pages, nothing new. Default notice is still screenshot

their letter says I am not allowed to share redacted deed of assignment which are all statement entry from 2003/2004.

there are several page of this. They have also included several pages of terms and conditions.

majority of these documents are on post #31 to 44.

please advise. 

CDocs.pdf

Received another email from their solicitor. They recon they don’t have to provide original default notice.  Please see attached. 

Scan 28 Sep 2022.pdf

Can they submit their bundle this late? This obviously puts me in difficult position as I already submitted my bundle and I have no time to prepare my defence. 

appreciate your help please. 

They still need to prove that a Default Notice was served from the original creditors accounting software.

• 4 months later...
  • AndyOrch changed the title to Cabot/Mortimer claimform - old 2003 Lloyds Loan -stayed - Now n244 to lift stay-Summary Judgment

UPDATE:

Sincere apologies for being so late. I have been in and out of the hospital and did not have much time to post. My previous hearing got canceled and the new hearing is tomorrow.

The claimant sent me their statement of cost. Does it look ok?

Appreciate your feedback. I will update the outcome tomorrow and please wish me luck.

Thank you all for your time. Really appreciate it.

claimaint fee.pdf

Yes, that's normal and part of the process that a claimant will serve its bill of costs pre hearing.......best of luck for tomorrow.

Andy

Unfortunately I have lost the case. Judge didn’t think original default notice was required to prove the debt.

I now want to avoid CCJ. I already told the court that I won’t be able to pay the lump sum and will offer to pay £100 a month to which claimaint solicitor said will discuss with his client. 

what’s the best way to approach claimant to set this up so the judgement is not visible in my credit file?

is Tomlin order the best way? How do I set this up? Is it done through the court or just between the two party? I don’t have much time as I am away from work next week for 3 weeks so ideally I want to set this up before I go.

Thank you.