Mbna Not Returning Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Sent a LBA to MBNA who run my virgin card, they have replied saying that they have reduced their charges from £25 to £12 and they aint gonna refund my 2 * £12 overlimit charges.

They claim in thier letter it costs a substantial amount of money to deal with late payments and over limit fees.

So in short MBNA are NOT refunding charges can I now launch a small claim against them and is there a template within this site to help me with it?

Thanks

Moody

24th August 2006 Template letter to Argos demanding late payment fee of 17.50 is returned.

Argos late payment fee of £17.50 is returned.

22nd Nov £5 late payment fee returned by BT.

Virgin credit card 2* £12 overlimit fees, LBA issued early Nov..... awaiting news

Hi Moody

You will find other people claiming against MBNA in the "Other Institutions" forum located here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/ Please start a thread there where you will find lots of help, advice and support from others dealing with this company.

I have successfully claimed off MBNA as has a friend of mine so I can tell you it is possible and you will get your money back if you make a claim.

Ignore what they say about substantial costs - unless of course they can PROVE to you with a FULL and DETAILED breakdown of how thay arrive at their £12 charge, which of course will never happen.

In short MBNA HAVE and WILL refund charges, yes you can launch a claim against them and yes there is a template letter with full step by step instructions.

PLEASE read the FAQ's located here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/ and be sure you know exactly what you are doing BEFORE starting your claim. If you begin a claim with little knowledge of the procedures you will face problems and potentially damage your case.

Please keep us updated.

Regards, OD