Bought a faulty car :( garage ignoring my call and messages now

djpad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys came across this site today wow how great is this :) anyway.  here is my story 

Car found on autotrader  £1800 merc  mot  vgc blah blah and stated had recon / gearbox fitted  / spoke to the garage selling the car and asked if they would take my faulty bmw in px it had issues which were explained to the garage 

he said £900 cash and my car ok deal done 

i drove to manchester in my car

the owner was all chat and praise for the car he was selling and told me how it dropped its oil from the gearbox and how they fitted a new gear box so i thought ok im all good to go 

deal done drove home 

its now 3 weeks later and the transmission has failed :(  green flag recovery  

i tell the garage this morning after looking into my rights and explained the situation

the person i spoke was trying to say its was his dads car and tuff luck buddy we aint helping u and telling me about the problems he fixed on my old car rather than help me with the current problem 

the call ended as was in mid speak when he just hung up on me :( i text to explain thats no way to treat a customer 

i have now written the standard letter as i found a template elsewhere  giving them 14 days to respond 

I would like a little help with a follow up letter or my route to action after 14 days  as i dont think ill be getting a reply from them 

regards patrick 

What's date did you take delivery of the car?

Under the consumer rights act, you had 30 days after taking delivery of the vehicle to notify them that you were rejecting it for a full refund because of a defect. You've missed that window. However, because there has been a transmission failure, this most likely amounts to a "fundamental breach" of contract and because of this you have been deprived of the entire purpose/benefit of the contract and so you can treat it as at an end. This means that you are entitled to a full refund plus reimbursement of any reasonable ancillary losses you might have incurred – any petrol or other expenses involved in getting to the dealer and getting it back to your home.

I see that you go to Manchester. How far away is that from where you live?

Have you got copies of the advertisement et cetera? What is the name of the dealer? Are they well-established with premises and stock? It's quite easy to bring a court action against a dealer like this with a nearly 100% chance of winning – but enforcing a judgement can be a different matter because some of these people can be very slippery.

Bankfodder thanks for your help and yes i am about 90 miles from the garage i have requested the advert from autotrader  waiting for that back.  the dealer is a garage and taxi /minibus firm with a big unit i have taken screen shots of the stock and sales on ebay  and cars for sale on autotrader

i have a reciept for my purchase signed etc 

so yes i know 30 days is up but like you said its the enforcing it may be an issue but ill take it up to the highcourt as seen on tv lol