SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

crapstone

found the best way to try and make them listen is to go through appeal process they hate that,you have to do it carefully on a point of law otherwise if you are refused permission the original order can stand and it can get expensive,but there must be dozens of points in this lot,most judges and the other side don't know what you're talking about they're all ex solicitors in any case.If you represent yourself and are on low income can usually get full fee remission.

the thiefs

no way you will lose your home hopefully the reign of terror this lot have inflicted is soon coming to an end the fsa is clamping down and i think our mortgages will be sold on to another lender who has to respect the original contract we signed otherwise we have a right to rescind it.They cannot be any worse than this lot,just got to keep your head above water while all this is going on cos they will pull out all the stops to get as many repos as they can(probably on a bonus payment for amount of repos ,this is where they make the big money)

Thought just occured to me gmac fined and ordered to refund charges to all who have been stitched up they are still trading and selling products,how can spml etc refund charges they are bankrupt and have no assets as all sold on to spvs and money gone ,would we have to make a claim to price waterhouse when it does happen ie fsa fines them same as gmac, because then we will be shoved to the back of the queue and get b...r all.?

Edited by ryde

I have been reading this thread for weeks im just a bit upset with it all, rates are historically low and banks want to lend at rates of 5%.dont make sense.

I was sold my mortgage through a rip off broker who charged me £1000 just to get the mortgage. i think the only reason he used spml was because he got a nice cut off them while fiddling all the paperwork to get it. My credit rating was great before i mortgaged with these guys now i cant even get credit at the local corner shop.I am 8000 in arrears and i have to pay a 100 pound a month towards the arrears by court order. but this happened because i was made redundant about 2 months after getting the mortgage i am okay now but i would like to get the litigation charges back because then i would only be £6000 in arrears.

I FULLY SUPPORT YOU GUYS IN WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO

You need to write to SPML and ask for the fees back. Send them an SAR, add up all the charges either from that, your statements or both and complain. If they won't budge then go to the FOS.

You need to work out what your true arrears are, which should only be the payments you have missed. It's not difficult to do..just takes a lot of patience and time.

crapstone

found the best way to try and make them listen is to go through appeal process they hate that,you have to do it carefully on a point of law otherwise if you are refused permission the original order can stand and it can get expensive,but there must be dozens of points in this lot,most judges and the other side don't know what you're talking about they're all ex solicitors in any case.

the thiefs

no way you will lose your home hopefully the reign of terror this lot have inflicted is soon coming to an end the fsa is clamping down and i think our mortgages will be sold on to another lender who has to respect the original contract we signed otherwise we have a right to rescind it.They cannot be any worse than this lot,just got to keep your head above water while all this is going on cos they will pull out all the stops to get as many repos as they can(probably on a bonus payment for amount of repos ,this is where they make the big money)

Thought just occured to me gmac fined and ordered to refund charges to all who have been stitched up they are still trading and selling products,how can spml etc refund charges they are bankrupt and have no assets as all sold on to spvs ,would we have to make a claim to price waterhouse when it does happen ie fsa fines them same as gmac, because then we will be shoved to the back of the queue and get b...r all.?

SMPL isn't bankrupt and neither is Capstone. The FSA only applies fines in relation to the viability of the company and what it can afford to pay so as not to limit it's trading capability or it's creditors/investors.

SPML bought all the mortgage assets from Matlock Bank Ltd/ta London Mortgage Company(LMC) on 2nd May 2006. On the 31st May 2006, SPML sold all the LMC mortgage assets to Southern Pacific Funding 5(an UNlimited company). The entire shares of SPF5, is held by Lehman Bros Holding Inc(USA). Anybody with an LMC mortgage has been paying into this 'private fund', through Capstone, and ultimately to a bankrupt company.

ITBG?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

crapstone

what assets do spml/pml/capstone etc have?they have no funding from lehmans ,they are selling no products, all the income they have coming in is coming from the securitized mortgage payments from us and then going straight into the spvs to plug the huge shortfalls.If they got a fine from the fsa and an order to refund charges where would they obtain the funding for this when the only funding they receive is from our repayments which are already spoken for.The whole lot is now technically insolvent due to the shortfall on the notes,so they will push for repos for the big returns a la northern rock.

crapstone

found the best way to try and make them listen is to go through appeal process they hate that,you have to do it carefully on a point of law otherwise if you are refused permission the original order can stand and it can get expensive,but there must be dozens of points in this lot,most judges and the other side don't know what you're talking about they're all ex solicitors in any case.If you represent yourself and are on low income can usually get full fee remission.

You'll find most of them were barristers, not always solicitors.

Its' a dangerous game to appeal and for those on the breadline, earning too much but not enough to get the fees paid...it's easy to get out of your depth. I'd only suggest it if eviction was imminent and the borrowers circumstances stood a chance of repaying the mortgage AND then only with qualified legal advice.

crapstone

what assets do spml/pml/capstone etc have?they have no funding from lehmans ,they are selling no products, all the income they have coming in is coming from the securitized mortgage payments from us and then going straight into the spvs to plug the huge shortfalls.If they got a fine from the fsa and an order to refund charges where would they obtain the funding for this when the only funding they receive is from our repayments which are already spoken for.The whole lot is now technically insolvent due to the shortfall on the notes,so they will push for repos for the big returns a la northern rock.

Sit in a quiet corner and think about it...look at the insolvency rules ...look at our position as consumers living in OUR homes. Look at it again and then at the wider picture.

crapstone

have looked at it closely for months sometimes things are staring you straight in your face and you cannot see them,please enlighten me i really need to get a grasp as a vital case in 2 months.

All i can see is a paper company spml/pml with no assets/ products to sell or income.All the income is chanelled through capstone to pay the spv and then the investor.large shortfalls are appearing the spv cannot maintain the level of repayments because interest rates have dropped and many have defaulted hence all the official notices posted for the noteholders..The investor by precedent of the perpetual trustee/belmont judgement now has the right to reclaim the legal and equitable title from the lender spml/pml and the spv etc because of the guarantee in the spv contract in the case of insolvency of lehmans.

The administrators for lehmans are being forced to return assets to the investor.

These assets in one form are our mortgages the whole package,the only way to effectively reimburse the investor in full is to sell these mortgages/assets to the highest bidder but then there is going to be a huge shortfall as no one will buy at face value a sub prime mortgage.,so this gap will have to be filled by other funds contained within the lehman portfolio.Hence the sucessful high court claim by perpetual/belmont they want full repayment because this was guaranteed.

where does that leave us?waiting to be sold to the highest bidder but we have our original contract for 25 years or so and that is the safeguard.

Our mortgages are assets ultimately of lehmans trustee in bankruptcy and are being administerd by pwc,thats how i see it.

this was all just a question of time,liquidity and the law of diminishing returns thats why we now find ourselves in this position and why capstone are trying to squeeze every drop out of us.

If capstone cannot service the spv then the investor on behalf of spml/pml etc these paper companies are trading whilst they are insolvent,they have no assets except paper legal titles(worthless without the beneficial interest which they have already sold to the spv),no liquidity and no way of raising finance.just as if i have 1000 coming in every week which is fixed with no other income but have to pay 1500 a week.i am trading whilst insolvent.i am losing 500 every week with no way of making up the shortfall.

Edited by ryde

Well, I hear the cries of persons who may argue that that provision is not retrospective. In answer, take a look at Commencement Order No. 4. S.I. 2008/831.

In that commencement order, Parliament ordered that there is only one circumstance in which the CCA 2006 s.2 is NOT retrospective. It is not retrospective when there is a CCA 1974 s.82 in issue. In the Heath case there was no CCA 1974 s.82 issue. As a matter of logic, if Parliament did not intend the CCA 2006 s.2 to have retrospective effect, why bother to mention one circumstance where it is not retrospective. Seems daft to mention one circumstance if s.2 was not retrospective anyway.

There's more, the Explanatory Notes to CCA 2006 para. 16 explains:

The 1974 Act currently applies only to agreements where credit provided or the hire payments to be made do not exceed £25,000. In future, all consumer credit and consumer hire agreements will be regulated by the 1974 Act unless specifically exempted, regardless of the amount of

the credit or the amount of the hire payments.

Note that it says the 74 Act CURRENTLY APPLIES ONLY to agreements under £25K, but IN FUTURE it will apply to all agreements UNLESS SPECIFICALLY EXEMPTED.

So now (in my opinion) the CCA 1974 applies to all agreements unless the lender has a s.16 exemption.

Quick question

Doesn't this commencement order say

"Section 2(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 2006 amends section 8 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and removes the £25,000 limit for consumer credit agreements. Article 4 of the Order provides that section 2(1) has no effect where an agreement varies or supplements an agreement made before 6th April 2008 for the provision of credit exceeding £25,000 and either does not itself provide for further credit to be advanced or is itself an exempt agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974."

If s.2(1) has no effect on new agreements that either vary or supplement an agreement made before 6th April 2008, I can't understand why in your opinion it would effect an agreement made before 6th April 2008?

I will try to explain my logic.

To my untrained mind it sounds like it is saying that unless further lending is provided "does not itself provide for further credit to be advanced", any variation or supplement to an exisiting agreement cannot make s.2(1) apply to exisiting agreements "section 2(1) has no effect where an agreement varies or supplements an agreement made before 6th April 2008 for the provision of credit exceeding £25,000"

SPML v Heath: Court of Appeal

As usual, the court held against the borrower (no surprise there). The passage that is of great interest is para. 9 where there is a parenthesis reference "at the relevant time". This obscure little reference is the court's acknowledgement that the CCA was reformed by the CCA 2006.

Yes, REFORMED. So the "relevant" time is now. The time at which the Act is being interpreted. The CCA 2006 s.2 states that s.8(2) of the CCA 1974 "shall cease to have effect". So on the 5th November 2009 (the date of the hearing), s.8(2) HAS NO EFFECT.

"9. A consumer credit agreement was defined (at the relevant time) by section 8(2) as a personal credit agreement by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit not exceeding £25,000. ."

Why would the "relevant time" be "now" and not the date of the actual agreement ?

I will explain my logic

My previous post adds weight to the argument that s.2(1) is not retrospective. The date of the agreement (before or after 6th April 2008 ) would be relevant, would it not ?

Consumer Credit Act 2006 - BERR

"6 April 2008: the Office of Fair Trading’s (OFT’s) new strengthened licensing regime was introduced, the Consumer Credit Appeals Tribunal (for appeals against the OFT’s licensing decisions) was established, the financial limit (of £25,000) was removed so all new credit agreements (unless specifically exempt) are regulated, and the Unfair Relationships Test was extended to all existing credit agreements."

"all new credit agreements" (not exisiting)

Section 16 of the CCA 2006 seems to be about time limits. Further there is no s.16 on the commencement order. Where can I find the s.16 exemptions?

I am having major problems getting a handle on this in my own particular case and a more global understanding. It is critical to get the question of applicability sorted out. The CML were very disturbed by the CCA 2006 when it came out especially into RBMS. I don't think we can proceed meaningfully on contract and performance without a clearer understanding on this akin to the one we have on the UTCCRs.

In my case a second charge (regulated by the OFT not the FSA) over the 74 Act limit concluded January 2006. Regulated by the FSMA 2000. Where does that fit in?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

GR

Please feel free to use our experience in fighting possession orders and bailiffs. I have gathered involuntarily quite a bit of experience of both. Sincerely at your disposal.

EiE.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi All

The statement posted was what I presented to the DJ the last time I had a hearing in June. I'm a law person although I did contract law at university many years ago and after reading information on this site from the caggers, I felt I had to help myself out of the hole I was in, or loose my property to this repossession company SPML.

The consumer credit act and the Lehman prospectus help me put the statement together and I believe that's why SPML could not evict me from my home. This is the section I believe will help us if we are going to fight them - In addition, where unfair relationships harm the collective interests of consumers, the OFT and other enforcers (including local authority trading standards services) can take enforcement action under Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002.

We have all had bad experiences with these companies under Lehman because of the way in which they traded the mortgages and including holding onto overpayments by borrowers. My mortgage was originally with Matlock Bank t/as LMC, then Spml informed me in May 2006 of the transfer, now they have presented themselves to the court as London Personal Loans when my loan is still with LMC. Is it fair to us consumers to have our loans swtiched from one company to the other as and when they liquidate and re-register under another name and all of this without informing the borrowers?

The terms of the agreement is unfair to me and I will not let them take my home without a fight.

Truro

Could you start your own thread in the possessions section as well?

Not that you seem to need help but we could rate your thread and keep a track of your very interesting defence.

Hope you succeed after all your hard work.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Removal of financial limits etc.

(1) In section 8 of the 1974 Act (which defines consumer credit agreements)—

(a)in subsection (1) for “personal” substitute “consumer”;

(b)subsection (2) shall cease to have effect.

(2) In section 15(1) of that Act (which defines consumer hire agreements) paragraph © and the “and” immediately preceding it shall cease to have effect.

(3)In section 43(3) of that Act (financial and other limits relating to regulation of advertisements) paragraph (a) and the “or” immediately after it shall cease to have effect.

Following on from this then:

8.—(1) A personal (now reads consumer) credit agreement is an agreement between an individual (" the debtor ") and any other person (" the creditor") by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit of any amount. (2) A consumer credit agreement is a personal credit agreement by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit not exceeding £5,000. (No longer in effect)

15.—(1) A consumer hire agreement is an agreement made by a person with an individual (the " hirer ") for the bailment or (in Scotland) the hiring of goods to the hirer, being an agreement which—

(a)is not a hire-purchase agreement, and (b)is capable of subsisting for more than three months, and ©does not require the hirer to make payments exceeding £5,000. (C and the AND before it no longer effective)

43(3) - (3)An advertisement does not fall within subsection (l)(a) if it indicates

(a)that the credit must exceed £5,000, and that no security is required, or the security is to consist of property other than land, or

(This also ceases to have effect)

s.16 exemptions under the 1974 Act.[/i][/b]

16.—(1) This Act does not regulate a consumer credit agreement where the creditor is a local authority or building society, or a body specified, or of a description specified, in an order made by the Secretary of State, being—

(a)an insurance company,

(b)a friendly society,

©an organisation of employers or organisation of workers,

(d)a charity,

(e)a land improvement company, or

(f) a body corporate named or specifically referred to in any public general Act.

Thus far then nothing to suggest that these mortgages can't come within the scope of the Act. Although a building society is mentioned could a slippery barrister say that this is effectively what the mortgage lenders are. I would not put anything past these barstewards. However I think further digging is required. S.2 Seems silent on the issue of retrospective application.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

It seems that the Council of Mortgage Lenders was very concerned about the impact of the CCA 2006 on RBMS structured products. Thank you CML for providing a very handy summary of your concerns.