Hastings Direct again – won't accept a written cancellation

Pytor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cannot get through on the phone to Hastings Direct to cancel my auto renewal,I was trying for half an hour today. I emailed them and explained I wanted to cancel and as a state pensioner really can’t afford to hang on the phone. They emailed back and told me I had to phone to cancel. Very unhelpful. Can anyone offer me advice? Many thanks .

Absolute rubbish that you have to telephone to cancel. As long as they are notified and they come into the knowledge that you are cancelling then that is fine. Anything else would be unfair treatment.

Send them an email formally cancelling with whatever notice is required. On the email you may as well confirm that you have attempted to cancel by telephone that their system is inadequate to meet the need.

Quite amazing isn't it. When you try to telephone companies they want in writing and when you try to write to companies they want it on the phone.

Just notify them and make sure that you keep a copy of your email. Hastings especially – are a load of trouble.

After whatever notice period has expired then if you are paying by direct debit then cancel the direct debit. Get ready for squeals and howls of protest from them – but come back here if you get any trouble.

• BankFodder changed the title to Hastings Direct – more trouble again – this time there won't accept a written cancellation – they insist on the telephone!!
  • honeybee13 changed the title to Hastings Direct again – won't accept a written cancellation

email again, say i wish to cancel, if you can't accept this, here is my telephone number give me a call. they can the confirm DPA etc - because that is what they are trying to hide behind. Of they can give you a designated direct line.

• Like 2