Parcel2Go Hermes- lost 2 parcels. One parcel delivered to wrong address

Lex49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings.

I am ebay seller (private) and in February, Hermes (ordered through Parcel2Go) Has lost 2 packages. 

No update in tracking already for 2+ weeks.

I have opened claims at their homepage, but no response till now.

First parcel

- Content value 48GBP. Not insured, and write only 20 GBP during order.

Postage 5GBP. Have videotaped packing and can provide that goods in parcel were for 48gbp. Sold at ebay for 48.

Second parcel

- content 20GBP, write 20 GBP during order, Postage 3GBP. No insurance.

Third parcel

- content 12.5GBP.

During order 12.5 GBP. 

Postage 2.5gbp.

No insurance. T

racking shows delivered

-  24 Feb 2020 13:33am Left securely in porch.

Photo wit porch added.

Customer send his house porch and it is different, also no that type of porch in neighbourhoods.

How to provide that courier send fake photo?

On photo was right package, porch is different.

Buyer should file a police claim?

I am videotaping all packing and weighting process.

I have also photos of packages.

Any chance for me to recover that money?

For all of them or for two only?

I will go my claims till end, until i get solution, because i know that it will happens again and i need a protocol how to recover money again.

Thank you in advance

If you are sending three separate parcels to 3 separate "customers" then this tends to make you a trader and not a private seller. What makes you think you are a private seller?

Anyway, you will only be able to claim for the value of the parcels as long as they were correctly represented. For some reason rather you have deliberately misrepresented the value of one of the parcels and I'm afraid you will only be able to claim for that lower amount.

Have you begun the claims process? These are quite small amounts and I thought that there was a minimum amount which was automatically covered with the basic delivery cost. Is that wrong?

If you are sending three separate parcels to 3 separate "customers" then this tends to make you a trader and not a private seller. What makes you think you are a private seller?

I have private ebay account and i am not registered as sole trader. But yes, i sell good at eBay in amount. I plan to register as sole trader in thew future, will it affect my claim process against Parcel2go, if another parcels will be lost, after i register as sole-trader?

Anyway, you will only be able to claim for the value of the parcels as long as they were correctly represented. For some reason rather you have deliberately misrepresented the value of one of the parcels and I'm afraid you will only be able to claim for that lower amount.

I have got that. I am always write full value now. 

Have you begun the claims process? These are quite small amounts and I thought that there was a minimum amount which was automatically covered with the basic delivery cost. Is that wrong?

I have opened claims at their parcel2go homepage. Waiting a response for first claim for 19 days already. 

During, placing an order, you can choose which cover will you buy. They have 20 GBP cover for extra 20-40 cents, and 0 GBP cover for cheaper price. I have placed 0 GBp cover.  Will it affect future claim? They easily will respond- no cover, no refund.

P.S. One more package is found missing.  Mostly they are gone after tracking shows (no update since):

12/02/2020 - 18:34    Entered the Hermes network    
12/02/2020 - 18:34    Entered the Hermes network    89
12/02/2020 - 11:48    Collected from the ParcelShop

Okay – this is not unexpected – but at least it is clear for you now.

First of all we better had address your status as a private seller/sole trader. Although you are not registered as sole trader, you are clearly operating in the line of business – even if it is only part time – and am afraid this gives you a trading status in the eyes of the law.

What this means is that if you decide to go ahead and sue a business, whereas normally as a litigant in person acting privately against a business, the case will be transferred to your local court, because you are functioning as a business, if the defendant tried to put in a defence and push your claim to a hearing, the case would probably be transferred to their local court and that would mean that you would have to travel to wherever in the country that was. If you win then you would be able to claim back your reasonable costs of travel – but of course it will still take up a lot of your time. You need to bear this in mind.

If you were only dealing with one last parcel, then the fact that you were trading would probably pass unnoticed. However because you are dealing with three lost parcels, it is more likely that your business status will be noticed and that might encourage the defendant to push you to a hearing on the basis that you probably wouldn't want to be put that amount of trouble.

You are dealing with a very small amount of money here and so there is a very high likelihood that regardless of your status, the defendant would be prepared to put their hands up simply because it scarcely worth their while going to the time and expense of defending – but you never know. This is a risk that you would have to take.

Were all the parcel sent by way of Hermes? How long ago did this happen? Also, I think it would be a very sensible thing to do to start searching eBay to see if your items appear there. I have a feeling that this is not unknown. You should put in an eBay search and then save it so that you are informed automatically any time anyone of those items appears for sale. What were the items?

We have often encourage people to sue Hermes – and on this kind of value they inevitably put their hands up. I'm not sure if we have assisted anybody in suing Parcel2Go – but I can imagine that the result would probably be the same.

Whether parcels all booked in at the same time? I'm not sure how it works. Did you have to go in and basically make three separate contracts?

Were all the parcel sent by way of Hermes? How long ago did this happen? Also, I think it would be a very sensible thing to do to start searching eBay to see if your items appear there. I have a feeling that this is not unknown. You should put in an eBay search and then save it so that you are informed automatically any time anyone of those items appears for sale. What were the items?

They are camping self-heating meals, or MRE.  It is some sort vacuum sealed food for campers, which has a shelf life of 3 years. I think they will be consumed , not sold.

Whether parcels all booked in at the same time? I'm not sure how it works. Did you have to go in and basically make three separate contracts?

They are three separate contracts. I think that i will get some more lost parcels.  Plan to make a claim, after i get all lost confirmed. 

How to deal with package has delivered, but customer states it has not, telling that doors on porch do not belong to him and not neighbors? Amount of that deal is only 12.5 gbp. I think that customer do not lie, because he has received larger orders before, without a problem. Should i ask him to fill a police report? Reason of report? 

I wouldn't wait until the value increases. The more expensive the claim then the more likely that somebody is going to decide that it's worthwhile defending against.

It seems to me that Hermes is definitely at fault here and so you may as well target them. I expect one of the things that they will try to say is that you didn't have a contract with them. Of course that is right – but on the other hand, you have third party rights – Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act and so you are entitled to sue on the contract. Alternatively, Hermes had been negligent.

If you do decide to make a claim in the County Court then we would like to help you avoid having the case transferred to Hermes local court. Can you tell us more about your trading activities. Is this your only means of income or are you simply supplementing something?

How many parcels do you reckon you are sending out per week?

Actually I just change my view about targeting Hermes. I think you might be better off targeting Parcel2Go because if they get fed up enough with Hermes, then they may be able to pressure them into sorting out their act. Presumably you made your payment to Parcel2Go. Did Parcel2Go offer you a range of couriers and you chose Hermes or did they simply pick Hermes for you?

Can you tell us more about your trading activities. Is this your only means of income or are you simply supplementing something?

We are moved in UK in previous year  (august) from other country , and i am selling only at ebay, without working somewhere else.  I have started to sell 3 months before.

How many parcels do you reckon you are sending out per week?

About 40-50 parcels.

There are an options to choose from. Of course it was chosen the cheapest ones (on all shipments).  

fdds.jpg

Okay, I was hoping that your eBay trading was not your main occupation and that we might have been able to say on an allocation questionnaire that it was really just a hobby selling – but it's not.

Anyway, we will do our best.

As I have said, I think property the best thing to do is target Parcel2Go and see what happens.

In that case I think that you need to have a look through this forum about bringing a small claim in the County Court. If you feel happy about bringing a claim then we can help you send the letter of claim and then issue the proceedings.

It's unlikely to go to a hearing for this kind of value – but if it is, are you confident enough to represent yourself before a judge? Is your English good enough to handle it?

County court proceedings at this level are very informal and not in the normal open court – and it would probably be helpful to you to plan a familiarisation visit.

Hi. Thank you for a response. I will make some self-educating these evening. Also need to re-read and re-think about forum thread. Now i need to spent time for  packing work in storage.

It's unlikely to go to a hearing for this kind of value – but if it is, are you confident enough to represent yourself before a judge? Is your English good enough to handle it?

I think yes, it is not a problem, my wife has almost perfect language and she can help. Familiarisation visit will be done also, i think.

If you bring the action in your name then your wife can attend the hearing – but she may not be permitted to speak on your behalf. You would have to ask permission of the judge. On the other hand she can whisper hints to you.

Update:

First parcel.

After refused claim, package was delivered in 36 days since posting. Fortunately, when i chat in Parcel2go customer service, they have refunded shipping cost of first package. So honest buyer, shipped it back, using my  prepaid label.

Second parcel.  Also was found after 20 days and delivered.

Both of them supposed to be delivered  in 2-3 days. Both of them arrived undamaged, with original postage label attached. My hypothesis- they have a mess in sorting centers.

Third one- delivered to wrong doors. I hope to find a solution through Hermes CEO e-mails, because Each courier car has a GPS tracker and it is possible to figure out, to what location was actually delivered package at exact time, when picture were taken.

Thanks for assistance :)

Thanks for the update.  Keep hassling them and avoid Hermes in future.  They are useless