• Tweets

• Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
    • Ok, noted, thanks again. I'll share details of every communication received just to make sure.
    • Yes. I sent back the PAP form stating they hadnt supplied the correct paperwork and that pdf is what they sent back
    • have you responded to the letter of claim?
    • It's probably a good idea to come back here when the next letter from them turns up.  It remains to be seen if they will act on your employer's communication or will just continue with the cycle of their daft "threatening" letters.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - they got me!!

ROMULUS04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ROMULUS

DO YOU MEAN gap

NEED A LAUGH PEOPLE

Insurance products, such as instalment protection, life assurance, personal accident are offered. Insurance sales are regulated by the FSA and all insurances are carefully selected to meet a customer’s needs and sold by trained and monitored staff.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ROMULUS

DO YOU MEAN gap

NEED A LAUGH PEOPLE

Insurance products, such as instalment protection, life assurance, personal accident are offered. Insurance sales are regulated by the FSA and all insurances are carefully selected to meet a customer’s needs and sold by trained and monitored staff.

It just says shortfall insurance on the agreement and the booklet but nothing about gap. I presume its the insurance if the your cover doesn't cover the cost of the car????? but thats all I can see

ROMULUS

HOW OLD IS THE AGREEMENT (bog roll)

Hey Post it's June 2006! I've gotta run and do an hours work unfortunately but I'll get straight on the case when I get home now I've mastered my scanner! It's one of those lovely welcome booklets A4 folded to A5 you the ones

Just checked my bank account we have 3 loans with welcome 2 personal and 1 carloan I knew I had insufficient funds in my account to meet all 3 payments! needless to say none of the DD have come out! We have kept up to date with payments so far but we are really struggling since the start of the year like so many others no doubt!

Haven't had a call as yet! Can't wait for the visit! We have 3 siberian husky's (the evil looking ones with mad blue eyes) cant wait to see the f****** try and get past my gate!!!! Might video it for you all to watch

Hi Peter

My agreement is simuliar to Sanpez would you mind having a look at it for me?

Hi

Happy to

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi Peter hope this is the correct link

WELCOME2006

Hi 32.76%APR

seems ok i am affraid

as long as the insurance was optional

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Romulus what about your gap insurance is it not the same as mine?

Hi Sanpez

My head is fried with numbers and the glass of vino I'm holding is'nt helping either! Could you take a look at mine and see if its the same. I remember looking at your agreement the other night and thought the same. My agreement is post 2321

Hi Folks

Advice needed if possible. My partner and I have 3 loans between us with welcome finance! 1 personal for him and a personal and a carloan for me.

We unfortunately this month could not make any of the payments due to our work being very slack we are both self employed by the way. This is the first time ever we have been unable to make a payment and it sticks in my throat.

Welcome have just contacted me looking for payment and I told them this would not be possible this month as we are now looking to cover our mortgage at the end of the month - top priority needless to say.

I asked if maybe we could reduce the payments and they want us to come to the office! They also said they would need some kind of payment this month for the carloan as there could be reprocussions! I informed them that I'm no fool and they could not take the car without a court order (that is right is'nt it?) I have 15 months left to pay from a 48 month plan.

I also informed them that I am fully aware of their current situation ie their shareprice and figures.

The guy was quite helpfull and at the end of the day only doing his job

Help please guys

Hi Romulus, I know you have posted the car agreement...can you post the 2 loan agreements for us to see?

Silly question but do either of them have PPI and what years were they signed?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi Folks

Advice needed if possible. My partner and I have 3 loans between us with welcome finance! 1 personal for him and a personal and a carloan for me.

We unfortunately this month could not make any of the payments due to our work being very slack we are both self employed by the way. This is the first time ever we have been unable to make a payment and it sticks in my throat.

Welcome have just contacted me looking for payment and I told them this would not be possible this month as we are now looking to cover our mortgage at the end of the month - top priority needless to say.

I asked if maybe we could reduce the payments and they want us to come to the office! They also said they would need some kind of payment this month for the carloan as there could be reprocussions! I informed them that I'm no fool and they could not take the car without a court order (that is right is'nt it?) I have 15 months left to pay from a 48 month plan.

I also informed them that I am fully aware of their current situation ie their shareprice and figures.

The guy was quite helpfull and at the end of the day only doing his job

Help please guys

We were in a situation at the turn of the year similar to this. We sent a letter stating that our work had suffered a sharp decline in work and were struggling to meet our mortgage payments and would they were not getting a payment until the end of march. They told us not to pay our mortgage so we could pay them, we basically told them to knob off and would now only deal with them by post. We then got a call from there collections departament and we told her the same, we also told her that the conversation between my partner and welcome about not paying our next mortgage payment had been recorded, of which it has, and she went all polite and she just said thats fine no problems ansd we have not heard from them since... strange.