Welcome Finance - they got me!!

ROMULUS04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ROMULUS

DO YOU MEAN gap

NEED A LAUGH PEOPLE

Insurance products, such as instalment protection, life assurance, personal accident are offered. Insurance sales are regulated by the FSA and all insurances are carefully selected to meet a customer’s needs and sold by trained and monitored staff.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ROMULUS

DO YOU MEAN gap

NEED A LAUGH PEOPLE

Insurance products, such as instalment protection, life assurance, personal accident are offered. Insurance sales are regulated by the FSA and all insurances are carefully selected to meet a customer’s needs and sold by trained and monitored staff.

It just says shortfall insurance on the agreement and the booklet but nothing about gap. I presume its the insurance if the your cover doesn't cover the cost of the car????? but thats all I can see

ROMULUS

HOW OLD IS THE AGREEMENT (bog roll)

Hey Post it's June 2006! I've gotta run and do an hours work unfortunately but I'll get straight on the case when I get home now I've mastered my scanner! It's one of those lovely welcome booklets A4 folded to A5 you the ones

Just checked my bank account we have 3 loans with welcome 2 personal and 1 carloan I knew I had insufficient funds in my account to meet all 3 payments! needless to say none of the DD have come out! We have kept up to date with payments so far but we are really struggling since the start of the year like so many others no doubt!

Haven't had a call as yet! Can't wait for the visit! We have 3 siberian husky's (the evil looking ones with mad blue eyes) cant wait to see the f****** try and get past my gate!!!! Might video it for you all to watch

Hi Peter

My agreement is simuliar to Sanpez would you mind having a look at it for me?

Hi

Happy to

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi Peter hope this is the correct link

WELCOME2006

Hi 32.76%APR

seems ok i am affraid

as long as the insurance was optional

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Romulus what about your gap insurance is it not the same as mine?

Hi Sanpez

My head is fried with numbers and the glass of vino I'm holding is'nt helping either! Could you take a look at mine and see if its the same. I remember looking at your agreement the other night and thought the same. My agreement is post 2321

Hi Folks

Advice needed if possible. My partner and I have 3 loans between us with welcome finance! 1 personal for him and a personal and a carloan for me.

We unfortunately this month could not make any of the payments due to our work being very slack we are both self employed by the way. This is the first time ever we have been unable to make a payment and it sticks in my throat.

Welcome have just contacted me looking for payment and I told them this would not be possible this month as we are now looking to cover our mortgage at the end of the month - top priority needless to say.

I asked if maybe we could reduce the payments and they want us to come to the office! They also said they would need some kind of payment this month for the carloan as there could be reprocussions! I informed them that I'm no fool and they could not take the car without a court order (that is right is'nt it?) I have 15 months left to pay from a 48 month plan.

I also informed them that I am fully aware of their current situation ie their shareprice and figures.

The guy was quite helpfull and at the end of the day only doing his job

Help please guys

Hi Romulus, I know you have posted the car agreement...can you post the 2 loan agreements for us to see?

Silly question but do either of them have PPI and what years were they signed?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi Folks

Advice needed if possible. My partner and I have 3 loans between us with welcome finance! 1 personal for him and a personal and a carloan for me.

We unfortunately this month could not make any of the payments due to our work being very slack we are both self employed by the way. This is the first time ever we have been unable to make a payment and it sticks in my throat.

Welcome have just contacted me looking for payment and I told them this would not be possible this month as we are now looking to cover our mortgage at the end of the month - top priority needless to say.

I asked if maybe we could reduce the payments and they want us to come to the office! They also said they would need some kind of payment this month for the carloan as there could be reprocussions! I informed them that I'm no fool and they could not take the car without a court order (that is right is'nt it?) I have 15 months left to pay from a 48 month plan.

I also informed them that I am fully aware of their current situation ie their shareprice and figures.

The guy was quite helpfull and at the end of the day only doing his job

Help please guys

We were in a situation at the turn of the year similar to this. We sent a letter stating that our work had suffered a sharp decline in work and were struggling to meet our mortgage payments and would they were not getting a payment until the end of march. They told us not to pay our mortgage so we could pay them, we basically told them to knob off and would now only deal with them by post. We then got a call from there collections departament and we told her the same, we also told her that the conversation between my partner and welcome about not paying our next mortgage payment had been recorded, of which it has, and she went all polite and she just said thats fine no problems ansd we have not heard from them since... strange.