• Tweets

• Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
    • Ok, noted, thanks again. I'll share details of every communication received just to make sure.
    • Yes. I sent back the PAP form stating they hadnt supplied the correct paperwork and that pdf is what they sent back
    • have you responded to the letter of claim?
    • It's probably a good idea to come back here when the next letter from them turns up.  It remains to be seen if they will act on your employer's communication or will just continue with the cycle of their daft "threatening" letters.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Engage Credit SAR request ignored

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I must admit at the beginning I put my head in the sand as I had other debts to and just seem to work to survive, when I eventually started to speak to them thats when options were given but never got them. we also went to court and they tried to reposes but we kept fighting it and in the end just about 2 days after it last went to court we were told it had been sold to Engage Credit. So while we were being taken to court by future they were also in the process of selling us on or probally already done it. all seems unfair

Will you not give me a clue what you are up to??

I look forward to reading your reply

all the best

tacticali

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit at the beginning I put my head in the sand as I had other debts to and just seem to work to survive, when I eventually started to speak to them thats when options were given but never got them. we also went to court and they tried to reposes but we kept fighting it and in the end just about 2 days after it last went to court we were told it had been sold to Engage Credit. So while we were being taken to court by future they were also in the process of selling us on or probally already done it. all seems unfair

Will you not give me a clue what you are up to??

I look forward to reading your reply

all the best

tacticali

let me have your tele.no. or email

Hi. I have just had a statement from engage credit, the first one since future sold out. I was on a supposed moortgage break as future doubled my mortgage from 580 to 1200 and then refused to remortgage saying they had stopped. per month on interest only on 148,000 . I borrowed the 148,000 but on my statement although i have been paying since last june they have added 15,000 pounds to the mortgage, and they are saying that theres 163,000 owed. 2 years ago when i had these problems i was supposed to be on a sheme with future and it looks like they have added 1200 each month plus costs, and arreas payment costs to of 50 a month plus shoosmiths soliciors fees even though they would not allow me to pay them directly. I cant beleive this as they even stopped me from selling the house even though i tried to sell for 2 years as soon as i knew they had stopped borrowing. Can i do anything about this?. the house is only worth 140 max now and although i am paying it seems this company are also adding arreas etc on the bill, making it impossible to catch up. I wonder if The the origional mortgage was legal, can anyone advise me as to who to go to to look at this, also am i supposed to have a new contract with engage as it seems they have just offloaded the morgage at a figure without going through what is actually owed.

Many thanks

Sorry its been a while. Just to let you know i am paying engage directly. what happened was i think as future were selling up they must have added shoosmiths , their layers fees onto me. They simply refused to let me pay directly. I am paying engage credit, they sent me a letter and i set up the DD. But i have just received the statement and its horriffic. From the 148,000 i borrowed from future its 163,000. Future did not allow me to sell and would not agree even though i said i would do something abpout the shortfall. I have been battling on since and am affording the mortgage but its these arreas, and charges that have come up on the engage credit statement. Il try and call them tomorrow, It looks like il never be able to sell now, I I was 8 days away from repo early part of 2009 but i battled through somehow and am continuing to. Its just these charges, i cant work them out at all.

why everytime when you phone engage there is a answering machine, theres never anyone to take your calls, you have to leave a message and then they call you back.....I contacted them over the weekend regarding my payments and my missed payments all they seem to want to do is to discuss my arrears and when im going to pay it or anything off them.why dont they ever want to help you

totally agree, i called saturday and got answer machine. When i called monday to make a payment while we were doing it she changed the subject and went on a about modifications to mortage and the arrears. I asked her if she was offering me a modification and she said no she needed my uptodate finances and i had to make 6 full payments first. I said when i go flexy at the end of feb it will translate to what i have been paying for the last 6 month . no reply to that. They make to much on arrears admin charfes to help me.all you can do is hold on. I just found out future did not do my calling up papers before bringing court action so it broke law. Anyone know if i can fight for solicitor fees with this info at hand. Tactical

• 1 month later...

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, i have spoken to engage credit today regarding my arrears, they want me to fill in a expenditure form to see exactly wht i have coming in etc, they reckon they are trying to help me occur any more charges / interest but im not entirely sure......they also want me to try and pay more off my arrears as its just increasing and not going down yet i pay £100 a month....they reckon if i can pay as much as i can it will stop it going any further as they wouldnt want tht to happen yeah ight i hoe someone can advise me wht to do for the best

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from Engage Credit over the weekend advising that due to a recent change in the LIBOR rate the monthly payment will increase by £16. A small increase I know, but given I just don't trust much what lenders claim anymore, I'm wondering how I can check the new LIBOR rate. On one site it quoted 0.50% which is LESS than the previous LIBOR, not more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - firstly I would ask why the hell they didnt capitalise the arrears before going into court ! - this is one of the possible options to be considered before taking you into court - looks like they want their cake and eat it too! So, having made the offer and you having accepted it why didnt they follow through? - do you have copies of the letters to and from, perhaps you can send these as part of your complaint back to FM. If you are waiting for DWP to sort out payments this also is a reason why they should not be marching straight into court! - they are not complying with the pre-action protocols and you must be sure the judge knows this if you find yourself at a hearing. DO NOT agree to a suspended order - remember that the one FM had is now distinguished/obsolete and it looks rather like Engage are trying to replace it with another. Ask for an adjournment whilst you are waiting for the DWP and put in a complaint to the FOS pronto. This will mean that Engage will also have to wait for the outcome of FOS investigations before they get possession. Being on benefits you are entitled to legal aid - get some help for the court hearing if Engage go ahead with it. You should NOT be incurring charges whilst in financial difficulties, and various sub prime lenders have been fined for unfair treatment of customers recently. Look up these cases and cite them back at Engage. It sounds like you can challenge some of the costs and fees and these will be the total that Engage are using thus it is not acceptable in court as it is not agreed by you. Dont forget about all the interest they are adding to the charges too. Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

Well. After keeping my mortgage payments and in fact 50 pounds over it I have Had a reposession order slammed on me from engage credit. They went to court using optima legal and i am to get out of my home on the 19th of july. I cannot beleive it. Firstly they take on a completely fabricated figure of a mortgage from Future Mortgages. Who i am trying to take action against at the moment. Then Although i dispute the amount owed to future mortgages , Engagae have hit me out of the blue after 6 months. Nice One. Back to square one. I am going to fill a court form in to try and have the eviction quashed stating my reasons. I do not owe them the amount. I agreed to pay the mortgage at the amount engage said until i get to the bottom of these stacked up figures obtained from FM

SOOOO FED UP. I WORK SO HARD.

What a country we live in.

Can anyone if possible email me any information on these companies to help me in court as im going to try to at least let the court know how these two companies work. It may at least save a couple more of youguys.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Me..:sad:

Hi - indeed, why are they NOT following the pre-action protocols. If you can prove you are paying the mortgage, plus any other agreed amounts in excess towards arrears and I mean arrears of mortgage NOT arrears CHARGES, they have no case! Get it thrown out with costs in your favour. They cannot take you into court for charges alone - since they have used these charges (penalties) to increase your outstanding balance no doubt, then added interest, they are deliberately making it tough on you which is also against what the OFT etc have to say about TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY. Sorry - not shouting just emphasising.

This repo order - is it one they already had and are now enforcing on the supposed grounds that you have not kept to the arrangement? They could not have just gone and got a repo order without due process etc and you being informed - so they may have applied for a warrnt to evict and this is what the hearing is for - in which case they would also need to supply accounts and statements to the court to prove their right to do it. You can ask the court to throw it out based on your own evidence that you will supply with the application.

Hi. I have called the fos and been given a reference nmber . I have also filled in a complaint form to them also. I have again spoken to engage credit who are declining all offers i make to themand are saying that it will go ahead. i am at this moment filling in a N244 application notice to try and deferr the reposession and try to be heard by a judge. I have also instructed last week an estate agent to put the house on the market. I just dont know what more i can do.

I thought all this had gone away as ive been paying engage exctly what they said my mortgage was and even 50 quid on top as they were charging me house insurance even though i had some. That was credited to my account this week. It just seems so crazy???

I honestly do not know where else to turn now. Is there no hope or should i start packing and give up?. It will also be so embarrasing to be evicted. Especially when i have been paying. I think Future Mortgages Just packaged a big fat deal and sold to engage credit And they have hit me now, Nobody wins, The house is in negitive equity anyway. Whats the point of reposessing a negitive equity home that is being paid for??

Im in exactly the same situation! ive also received a letter saying they are taking us to court to get a warrant for eviction.firstly because i refused to fill in an income an expenditure form and secondly becuase ive missed 2 payments! i also pay £100 a month off my arrears and they are charging £35 a month for being in arrears they just want more and more money,im fed up and feel like these are just harrasssing us to get wht they want. i would gladly give them the keys to my property as ive had enough now i feel like im fighting a loosing battle.im still waiting for my evicition date

I feel for you. It would be good to get a list of people whome are being treated this way as i will go to court and at least put it to the judge.

I feel for you. I know how i feel at this moment and its awful. I am printing off all emails made to future and have written to future also requesting a full breakdown of costs plus the origional mortgage agreement.

I am hoping that incourt the judge will look at how hard i have tried to resolve and stop Engage credit from taking my house. I dont hold any hope tho. It seems theres a law just for them.

Hi - Engage Credit are members of the Council of Mortgage Lenders, which means they must comply with the CML rules - dont know if the CML take complaints from the public but they do list all their info on their website - have a look. You have a right to defend any action your lender/third party administrators take against you and a hearing in court is your chance to get the judge to set the payments at a realistic level but if you do get that far make sure that any sums being claimed are agreed and correct first, then written into the Order, dont leave it open-ended as just arrears as they will keep making them up to suit, have it written in that as soon as they are cleared the judgement is settled and suspended repo finished with - forgotten the exact wording for that but it will stop them re-using the same order again if you ever fall into arrears again, for whatever reason. Also do not allow them to have legal costs against you as you can show that this is a wholly unecessary and unreasonable action and if anything I would be going for costs against them! good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I had this letter a few months ago, ive been working away and with one thing and another, trying to get back on my feet its all fallen behind, now engage are seeking possesion have to go to court on 1st august 2011.

Can they legally change the details on the deed a sthey have done, they say 3rd march 2008 i entered into a mortgage check deed at land register its there, but i signed an agreement with future the same day, so surley this isnt legal.

I have paperwork from future from march 08 till oct 2010 then from 8th nov 2010 its engage.

This isnt legal. Under the 1989 property act law.

Any input here

UPDATE.

I have a court date for a hearing on friday. Engage credit are saying that they wont allow me to sell the house. origiaonal borrowing from future mortgages 148,000 CHARGES stacked up fees and the figure engage are stating is 162000 The sale price on the House 150,000 I have offered to carry on paying them 100 a month off the so called short fall until the Ombudsman completes investigation. Refused. So ii have no options. I have been paying them every month, not missed since end of 2009 i have offered to pay bit extra, tried to sell the house and it just looks like these guys are up too something as they just want to reposess. I am hoping the judge will force them to let this sale go through as if they repo they will get nowhere near this price, Its crazy. Can they really stop the sale oor iis this just a threat

Engage Credit, just a bully boy Executive debt collectors. Register with FSA

*** webpage fsa.gov.uk/register/firmBasicDetails.do;jsessionid=bbf0e6ae2b024c7a80c999a8c42de363.s6fNml1Ka38InBbv-ArJrwTPoNCNa30Ocybtah0IaNuIahiIbh0IaNfwmxiInxiObk9ynhvybMSHc30Ka2aToi5hch0Na2TSn7bvq70KawTAqQ4InQXQ-BjF8NiLah4RawbMnkrDqRfzqwbMnkrDqRfzqwbynknvrkLOlQzNp65In0__?sid=203080 ***

like the bit as "unable to hold client money" how can they lend what they dont hold ??????

Also read this

*** webpage money.co.uk/article/1001220-oakwood-makes-discount-offer-in-bid-to-clear-mortgage-book.htm ***

:!:engage credit are nothing but bullies ive been paying £100 off my arrears every month and they wont more money off me, they pressured me into filling out an income and expenditure form otherwise they would get a warrant for eviction ive got my evicition date 27 july but im not going to fight them anymore this is causing extreme pressure on me and my family! ive got to walk away i dont think tht anyone will win these bastards!!!! ive rented private and i am going to be out way before my eviction date. theyve sent me a letter telling me basicaly if im planning on going (like ive got a choice ) not to trash the house cause they will charge me haha wht cheek i paid for the new kitchen and new boiler.i cant believe this company actualy get away with this!!! i wish everyone else good luck with fighting there cases but i just cant go on anymore x

• 1 year later...

I to am with ecl and have been for acouple of years,sold to them by oakwood home loans,i to have large fees,costs, charges, e.c.t,one thing they do which they should not is to charge you additional interest and lnclude it in your monthly payment when this shold be added to your total balance.allso when the mortgage was transfered an early settlement fee was added to the account £9k so they charge you interest on this during the loan term, i am at the moment chalenging these and other charges with the ombudsman service. I think engage have been set up to make as much money from charges costs and extra interest before selling us on to an other company. I have been told by the citz advice it would be easier to do this with a block of people rather than on my own (how could we do this)