Igroup/GE Mortgage + secured Loan + now Engage- beat GE Repo - now Engage Repo **WON** Want to reclaim charges

Pleasehelpme26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, it always feels better when you do something positive. I'm afraid you will just have to wait and see if they respond. You could also follow up by sending the letter and budget sheet by email - mark the subject title of the email URGENT. We can get to work on drafting a statement for the N244 after the weekend (I am tied up with a wedding and guests from tomorrow until Sunday).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hello, still no eviction date, but have had a letter from ge saying they are still going ahead with eviction.

Seriously is there any likelihood that the judge will be favourable to me considering arrears amount bad offer of payment?

Thanks

And not bad

Have they refused your offer of payment in the letter and given a reason ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn, not a proper response from ge, just a paragraph in letter received yesterday.

States cannot accept any more installments as arrears are so high and a court date has been set. Will only stop action on payment of full arrears and all charges of fees and additional interest.........

They say a court date has been set ?? what for ??

bailiff appointment?

if you mean penalty charges are any other 'fees'

you should be looking to hit them with a reclaim

though of course these will only come off the outstanding balance

so p'haps not the immediate priority.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No still no appointment from the bailiff, but ge called me today.

They have rejected my offer of payment and said will only stop action if I pay arrears and all my charges in full.

Then asked if I would defend in court and I should take in new employment details and contract with me.

What an odd thing to say!!!

Really appreciate your response so thank you.

Hi there,

they cannot add their charges into the arrears

- arrears are missed payments and charges should be added to the outstanding mortgage balance.

they cannot demand you pay charges to avoid eviction either, they can only demand the true arrears.

Once you get the eviction notice we can help you with the N244 application.

You will need to affix a copy of the new employment details confirming salary etc to the N244 so the judge can see how you will afford the repayments + payments towards the arrears.

OK, you should start getting documents together so they are ready to go with the N244. You will need copies of all the letters and emails you have sent to GE in date order, also copies of all letters/emails received from them, a photocopy of your husbands new contract/offer of employment showing salary.

Right finally had a response from ge today ( 2 days late) and because I requested it in writing again. Due to the stage your account has reached please be advised that we have now applied for a bailiff appoint. We are not agreeable to any ongoing payment arrangement due to the high level if arrears. In order for us to stop legal action proceedings, we would now require the full arrears balance along with the admin fees and interest charges......

Is this a standard response does anybody know? Thanks

They also forget that if the eviction is defended at a hearing it's the judge's decision which matters - not theirs, nor can they ask for charges and fees to be paid to stop eviction.

Hello everyone, my husband starts work tomorrow ( hooray! ) should we start making payments including towards the arrears? I was going to do it weekly. What's the best way to make payment? I haven't got internet banking. Thank you

Oh he works a week in hand so planning to make first payment on the 15th