Carcraft Grrr...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, long story short. I bought a car from there (don't ask why). Anyway, the person who sorted my finance forged my signature on the warranty I didn't want and on the payment protection. I went back to Carcraft when I noticed I was being charged for these. The person who done got sacked but I am still paying PPI on one finance (the other finance was cancelled as this was only covering the warranty). They said they'd do the work that needs doing on my car as a a goodwill gesture but so far, nothing. What should I do!?

October - Letter sent for statements

October - Statements recived. Highlighed my charges (£2785) and sent a letter asking for the amount to be refunded in full

November - Recieved reply making an offer of £1000 which I will not be accepting.

30/11/06 - MCOL 3220.11 INC 8% - wait 14 days...(14/12/06)

Acknowledged on the last day :( 28 days to respond

03/01/07 Barclays are defending. Not sure what happens next...

Thanks for everyone's help so far

if they have agreed to do work on your car, get it in writing

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

The problem is, I am still paying for payment protection that I didn't sign for

October - Statements recived. Highlighed my charges (£2785) and sent a letter asking for the amount to be refunded in full

November - Recieved reply making an offer of £1000 which I will not be accepting.

The problem is, I am still paying for payment protection that I didn't sign for

Your local Trading Standards should be your next port of call. Take with you all the paperwork you have and seek their advice. They could suggest involving the police for the forgery aspect.

My hunch is that the payment protection agreement is not enforceable, but this could be dependent on whether it forms a part of another credit agreement or is a 'stand alone' one.

It does seem somewhat odd to me that the supplier cancelled one agreement on which your signature was forged but not the other. I'm just wondering if this could have something to do with either commission on the PPI or a clumsy attempt to 'cover up' apparent serious malpractice within their organisation.

Whichever though, Trading Standards is the place as they are responsible for the Consumer Credit Act (assuming the agreement fall within that).

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I will contact my Trading Standards. One question....where are they haha. I've never needed them before

it's ok i've found them :)

• 6 years later...

Hi dishartend,

The origional poster hasn't been online since april 2007 not sure if you'll get a reply.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert