Returns policy Query

red99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a Coffee maker online last week from a website called Red Monkey Coffee UK - Roasted Coffees Beans and Espresso Machines & Accessories Shop.......... seems a decent enough website.

Anyway i've dropped a clanger and bought the wrong item...its a stove top coffee maker rather than an elec one.

Had a quick read through their returns policy and it lists faulty items etc and nothing for general returns. Before i contact them tomorrow i need to know where i stand with getting a refund. The item is still in box and hasnt been used. Am i legally entitled to a refund??????? Any help much appreciated!!!!!

If you have simply bought the wrong item/changed your mind etc you have no grounds for a refund, although many places will allow returns but may issue you with store credit only.

You are only entitled to a refund if the goods are faulty, substandard etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ok thanks for reply...would be happy to recieve the item i wanted originally rather than refund but not sure they stock it....oh well see what they say tomorrow.

If not i have one mukka expresss coffee maker for sale if anyone's interested;)

If not i have one mukka expresss coffee maker for sale if anyone's interested;)

Market Overt Classifieds - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

In regard to coffee returns we will provide a full refund or replacement for any coffee that is found to be faulty. We will refund non faulty orders for up to 7 days after the customer receives them providing they are NOT OPENED and are returned immediately once we are notified (for reference: received time for the goods starts from 48 hours after being despatched by Mail or Parcel Force from us), the cost and responsibility of returning the goods remain with the customer. We will only refund money once the goods are returned to us and are in a satisfactory condition. We also reserve the right to charge a 4.5% commission on money refunds for non faulty returns and we also reserve the right to charge a Handling fee up to £10 depending on he amount of coffee ordered. This does not affect your statutory rights.

http://www.redmonkeycoffee.co.uk/cart/index.html

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

The Distance Selling Regulations provide that any customer who purchases an item or service from the internet has 7 days from the date the item was received to return the items and be entitled to a full refund within 30 days of the goods being returned.

There are exceptions, of which this product is not one of them, which mainly apply to items such as perishables, unsealed software or DVDs etc, so as long as it is within 7 days (and I would presume that it means you contact them to cancel the contract within 7 days) then you would legally be allowed a refund.

The reason for this extra protection is that when you are in a shop, you can see what you are buying, but it's difficult on the internet or from a catalogue - because you cannot see what it is until you get it, you are legally allowed to reject it before accepting it.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)