Help with Universal Credit claim

atticus100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I have used the forums before and received excellent, logical advice that have really helped me. Does anyone know if a similar forum exists for information/advice on Benefits? My daughter and her partner need to move on to Universal credit and need some real inside knowledge. Would be eternally grateful.

Cheers

Mike

So, the situation is this:

She is currently in receipt of ESA and PIP due to an ongoing mental health problem. Her partner is also receiving ESA due to a chronic back condition. They formally lived in a postcode that hasn't migrated to UC yet but last week they moved to a new rental property that is in a postcode that does. We are aware that she needs to let DWP know about change in circumstances and we assume that this will prompt a change to UC. She is wexpecting a baby in early/mid September and is frightened of the stress of not having any income while the UC is processed.

Does anyone know if she HAS to inform them at this point or can she delay it. My understanding is that non UC postcodes are operating a system where they contact claimants when the application is needed. It feels harsh that just because she's moved that the process will be spedded up.

SHe has no problem with migrating to UC but wants to know if it can be pushed back beyond the delivery date?

She will need to inform the DWP about the change of address in good time. "In good time" is usually taken as within four weeks, although there is a bit of discretion allowed sometimes. The DWP will probably get some form of notification from the local authority's housing benefit section, but your daughter must still inform the DWP.

Whether she will automatically be migrated over to UC, I'm afraid I don't know. Never had to deal with it myself so can't offer any advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.