Bankcharges.org using public info to charge the public

Wicky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was horrified today to get an email from the above company that states it will help you get your charges back and ONLY CHARGE 25%. Now I thought that it was a fairly simple process, are there really any people that really can't manage to read this site and are willing to pay somebody else a quarter of their money to get the rest back?. I bet they use information from here and don't give any money to the site.

Well that's my rant over with what should we do to them?

19/09/2006 Halifax Prelim Letter Sent

10/11/2006 Paid into my Account £1086.84

19/02/2007 Settled remaining Contractual Interest £243.72

nothing you can do.There are quite a lot of people offering this service-indedd I know one guy personally who does(member of CAG) and he's only helping those who do not feel confident enough to do it themselves.

I do not have a problem with this-what I do object to is people selling templates from this site on ebay-the sweat of a lot of people's good work,and they are stealing the info to sell.

Those are low life tactics....

The vast majority of people who would use a service like that though are the ones who not bother otherwise. A lot of people just can't or won't act for themselves even when they have all the resources available. They're either too lazy or too scared or just too conditioned into thinking that you can't beat the system no matter how crooked it is.

There's not much anyone can do apart from inform as many people as you can about this place. Some people will gladly spend an hour to save a pound, others will gladly spend a pound to save an hour if you know what I mean.

• Haha 1

I cannot see any objection to this. The only people who will use these services are those who otherwise would not claim. So long as the banks can be made to pay for their unlawful acts I am happy - the more the merrier.

My mate is getting charged 33%!!! Its a joke when all the info you need is here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4190 - Rjh v Lloyds Tsb.

Dpa Sent (13/04/06).

Statements Recevied (04/05/06).

Preliminary Letter Sent £775 owed! (12/05/06).

Received Standard Reply from Lloyds. (17/05/06).

Posted LBA (31/05/06).

Received Lloyds "Final Response" Letter (03/06/06).

Filed Claim with Moneyclaim for £775+£192.19 interest. (21/07/06)

Lloyds defend claim (23/08/06)

**Lloyds pay up, at last. £1078 (14/11/06)**

I was horrified today to get an email from the above company that states it will help you get your charges back and ONLY CHARGE 25%. Now I thought that it was a fairly simple process, are there really any people that really can't manage to read this site and are willing to pay somebody else a quarter of their money to get the rest back?. I bet they use information from here and don't give any money to the site.

Well that's my rant over with what should we do to them?

It's exactly like the situation with these companies who guarantee to get you a tax refund, you know the ones, tax refunds within 24 hours, penalties sorted etc etc, then they charge you anything upto 40% of the refund.

However, they are doing nothing different than you would have to do yourself. Simply send the information to HMRC (P60/P45 details and ask the revenue if there is any repayment due. They may not be able to give you the money in 24 hours, it may take 4 - 5 weeks, but you get the whole payment, there is no charge from HMRC.

Simply they are offering this service because some people cannot be bothered to spend the time issuing the letters, and would rather someone else do the hard work for them.

I agree it is disgusting, but they offer this service, so obviously there is a market for it.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.