CRS /Xercise4less threats what to do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

In December 2015 I signed up for 12 months (£9.99 monthly rate) contract to Xercise4less gym.

After 12 months at January 2017 I made last direct debit payment.

When I wanted to cancel my membership on end of January I had a problem with their website.

There was some server problem I couldn't log in to my account or cancel a contract.

I cancelled direct debit on my bank account.

Last Friday I got a letter from CRS.

They write:

"We've been employed by Xercise 4 Less as your membership remains in arrears despite previous letters being sent to you.

As a result of this, our fees totalling £ 102.50 have been added

. Therefore, your account balance now stands £ 207.47. "

Today they send me a text message to contact them.

What to do with this?

Should I send this slick132 letter like these:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to my membership at Xercise 4 Less in XXXXXX which was a 12-month agreement.

I cancelled my direct mandate but realise now that I should have given 30 days notice to cancel my membership. So I am now offering to pay a final month's fee of £9.99 to cover the notice period. I will not pay you any administration or cancellation fees - these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

If you confirm in writing that you will accept the amount of £9.99 in full & final settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any other payment, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours faithfully,

Or you have another idea?.

Please help

Yep

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Psuj,

Welcome to CAG and I'm glad to see you're now able to post after your initial problem.

That letter will be fine to go but get a free Cert of Posting from the PO when it goes.

Stay off the phone and speak to neither the gym nor Harlands/CRS.

Your scenario is repeated on other threads hundreds of times here at CAG so there's no shortage of examples for what you should do.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone.

Today I got another letter photo below

https://zapodaj.net/1bceec5b2ad29.jpg.html

They were also trying to call me twice in last 20 days.

Should I ignore this letter or send them another response? If yes what should I write?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ignore them, nothing they can do, except waste their time and money sending out puerile missives full of ifs, buts, and maybes....

Keep a diary of events also regarding their harassment.

ANd embarass X4L on social media too, let their future and current customers know the treatment they can expect off the gym and their powerless third party gophers.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

upload

please don't use hosting site

but its bog paper so ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Psuj,

They have not replied to your letter.

Until they do, ignore Harlands/CRS completely.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)